Archives Challenges are WAY too hard

Options

So i just wrote this Discussion because i couldnt find any discussion like this before. But imo some of the Archive Challenges are WAAAAY to hard to achieve. But before you write me that they arent that hard, i dont mean every single one challenge. I mean challenges like "do 3 gens with dark sense" or " kill all 4 survivor in the basement". And the reason why i think they arent achieveable without the perfect situation is thr fact that those have to be done in one match. If you dont play in a SWF party, the dark sense challenge is gonna be very hard to do since you have to FULLY repair 3 of 5 gens.

I think most of you will agree, because i totally am a no-lifer in this game,and its very hard to archieve these challenges, and i hope the devs will at least take away the "one trial" condition.

If you have another opinion or want this to get to the devs, you can leave a response

Comments

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    Options

I think some are very easy, while others are very hard

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I think You don't need to fully do it. I mean if you see a few survivors fixing a gen and if you complete it with them then it counts.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    Options

Most survivors can solo or co-op at least two generators every trial (the ones the killer doesnt spring up behind them using the weird perk "unexpected spawn point") its the remaining ones that matter. If you fail to finish the third solo or the third co-op before the remaining team members have done the required number to pop Find the Exit, the challenge is a bust.

Or better still you spawn in next to your first generator and find it has ruin on it, or some perk that will make repairs incredibly slow. Of course I could pick another master challenge to do and simply avoid the three generators one, but I feel avoiding a tough challenge now will not help when I get to Tome 4 and find "completely repair four generators in a single trial".

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87
    Options

Are you sure you just have to be on the gens when they finished? Like,did you already do this challenge?

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

I think that this second tome is the perfect balance in regards to challenge. Some could be made slightly harder for higher level tomes, but not by much. Some of the challenges are too easy, but on tome 2 they kinda should be, I just hope the difficulty isn't increased too much because if it is, the challenges won't really be doable; especially if they have to be done in a single match.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

The difficulty is just fine in tome II.

I am just worried tome 3 and 4 will be too hard

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited November 2019
    Options

My brother did, I mean you don't need to repair a full gen. But if you are on high ranks that gens pop up too fast then yes, you will have a hard time.

Post edited by Saitamfed on
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I have completed the Dark Sense challenge, and can confirm that you only need to be on the generator when it's completed, you don't have to be there for the full duration of the repairs.

Some of the challenges are quite difficult, or at least they seem like it. Personally, I'm waiting to see how much difficulty people have with them when they are released, since the gulf between theory and practice can be surprisingly wide.

• DarkPit
    Options

Thank you guys for all your comments, i just finished the challenge like you said and just sat on the gens when they got completed. I agree that it sounded way harder then it was, but it still was a pretty sweaty game, and hopefully it doesnt get harder. But i confess i was a bit overwhelmed by my imagination of thid challenge.

I wish everybody who doesnt have it yet good luck :)

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

The challenge I had the biggest problem with was the flashlight the killer twice in one match challenge. I never use flashlights, so I'm terrible trying to aim the thing. It's hard to aim without a reitcle when using a controller. Hell, it's hard with a reticle. I finally did complete the challenge, against a Demogorgon, go figure. I get the killer with no eyes and suddenly I'm spot on with aiming the flashlight.

I really wish the devs would stop with this "in one trial" stuff. I'm worried about what tome levels 3 and 4 hold in store. I don't feel that flashlighting a killer multiple times in one trial is a good challenge. I felt bad doing it, too. After I blinded the killer the second time, I went to a hook and pointed at it. I shouldn't feel like a dick just for trying to complete these challenges.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

Strangely relatable. I felt like a douchebag trying to blind killers at pallets.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

I'm absolutely hating the 'Grab a survivor' challenge... I find grabs so hit or miss, even when im a stealth killer standing right behind them and do a standard hit instead of grab...

Don't even get me started on trap 4 people in traps....

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

I have a recipe for you: take a trapper with two bags. Collect all traps on a map in one place, like a shack or some building, don't do anything else, just rearm traps. Repeat until some survivors finally get a message and start derping around with you. Swing at a totem or at a gen and grab them when they do what you ask. Done. Traps done the same way. After this return a favor with pallet drops, blinds, etc.

Killers are way less responsive to survivors goofing around, for obvious and understandable reasons (interpreted as taunting or baiting), so don't expect the same thing working as a survivor.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

Yes, you don't have to do 3 gens from start to finish, just pop them

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Alternatively. Use The Doctor. Block a survivor from vaulting and then stay in Treatment Mode and wait for them to vault while standing right behind them. Survivors usually just try and spam the vault button. The Doctor grabs way faster and has a longer available grab time while in Treatment Mode.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Thank you chaps. I completely forgot about the doctors cheesey treatment mode hook grab... Needless to say i got a lovely message after the game.

• DarkPit
    Options

The grab challenge isnt that hard as people always think. You can just play a normal m1 killer, hit them and follow them with bloodlust and just wait till they are vaulting in front of you. This works especially good on unsafe pallets. And i think ill just farm the trapper challenge before i play 10 games of underperforming...

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

I agree that some are a little annoying but there's plenty of time to do them. It would be nice if we could 2 or even 3 challenges active at a time. Going back and forth through the archives can be tedious.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

I agree that some are a little annoying but there's plenty of time to do them. It would be nice if we could 2 or even 3 challenges active at a time. Going back and forth through the archives can be tedious.

• nofridge2318
    nofridge2318 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The dark sense challenge you could use bond+prove thyself and then hide from the killer/gen rush, took my 3 tries by myself, and the basement you could use Michael with agitation and iron grasp. Took me a few tries but got it eventually and then got it with normal perks without trying because people started rolling into my arms when I hooked someone

• Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145
    Options

I have done them all currently and yes some are really unrealistic and not completable in normal play at all. The one i found the hardest actually was 4 pallet stuns in one game. It took me years till i had a game with

A. Enough pallets left

B. A Killer that dosn’t respect pallets

C. My own skill not being lost

• Angerydoge
    Angerydoge Member Posts: 69
    Options

Tbh I'd say that a lot of them are just frustrating because it takes so much time just to complete 1 challenge. Like do cooperative actions for 240 seconds. It isn't hard but it takes like 10 games to get it done.