Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Techincally, toxicity is fair

I mean from a lore standpoint the killer is literally trying to mercilessly murder you and the other guys and have your soul consumed bit by bit by an evil entity to make you suffer for eternity.

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Exactly, head nodding and mori spam are the definition of “trying to mercilessly murder somebody”.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

That may be a valid point, but it depends how you define toxicity. And fair isn't really the same thing as lore-friendly.

Besides that, I don't think I've ever seen anyone argue that toxicity is bad because it isn't lore-friendly. It's bad because it's not healthy for the game or the community or respectful of other players, and that's the part that's important.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

But we're not in the lore.

If you wanna roleplay, that's fine, but these people just play as themselves.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

A lot of dumb things in the game can be justified by "the lore", but I don't ever take that as a reasonable explanation.

• AlexisFox
    AlexisFox Member Posts: 127

Or you know we could all just realize that it's a video game and getting offended at various ways that people "BM" in the game is silly since it's all more comical than anything else. I mean really look at what people are doing that is considered toxic and ask yourself if it's really something to get bothered by or if it's something you should be laughing at.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

This is a video game with real people playing it. Don't try to justify toxicity with lore or whatever. Don't justify toxicity at all.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Doesn't make you any less of a dickhead for trying to ruin others fun.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244

This was honestly hilarious but yeah your right i don't think head nodding is the definition along with ghost face t bagging your face though its pretty funny imo

• XxkuroxshiroxX
    XxkuroxshiroxX Member Posts: 76

Yeah, but even if we would play like the lore wants us to, meaning if we would be in the realm of the entity chased by a super scary human being that wants to slaughter us, we wouldn't stop in the middle of nothing and start teabagging, constantly clicking with our flashlight in his face or pointing at him for no reason while teabagging. Most of people would lose their sh"t and run while crying and having panic attacks.

So even that argument that he wants to kill us doesn't justify toxic behaviour

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

People think that they would play just like the characters in saminations parodies, but in reality they would be wetting their pants at the mere sight of the trapper

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

A lore viewpoint isn't even required, in-game actions aren't really "toxic", being an angry and unpleasant person in end game chat and especially other communication channels like steam profile comments or private messages is. Obviously straight up exploiting or breaking other rules is bad but that's a different topic and I'd imagine most people agree that's always bad.

I don't really do it myself but people taunting eachother and that sort of thing has always been a thing in PVP video games, and it's not going anywhere. Because that's what pretty much all of it is, a taunt. Either play dirty right back and accept it might make you play in an inefficient manner, or ignore it.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Toxicity, no matter the reason, is never ok. There should be more ingame consequences to it, like how t-bagging drops more blood orbs for Oni.

• VincentRedfield
    VincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

Threads like this are why i love the endless "why does it take me 30 mins to get into one killer game" threads.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

How is it fair because lore. That's such a stupid point. I can't speak for dbd killers in terms of power so I'll give an example in terms of another game: Overwatch.

Reaper can't actually die in overwatch lore, tracer can manipulate her time as much as she wants without cooldowns. Junkrats just a guy that shoots bombs. By your logic in-game reaper should be immortal and junkrat should be alot weaker in comparison to the point it's not even fair. If you balanced around lore most games out there would be a catastrophic mess

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

If you really argue that "I am just playing a sociopathic killer" is a free pass to be a jerk, you just are that, a jerk.

Otherwise you really should seek immediate clinical help!

No matter what multiplayer game you are playing, you still interact with other people and they deserve a certain decency and respect.

And don't come with the BS of "you have to earn respect", I am talking about the base respect that every human being deserves.