Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

should the Adept Killer achievements stay the same or change?

EnderloganYT
EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

I personally think they should be a 4k cause all survivors have to do is escape. they could de-pip and get the achievement. anyway I wanna see what you guys think.

should the Adept Killer achievements stay the same or change? 63 votes

Keep them the way they are
9%
FoggyDownpourTunnelVisionVenom368WalkenMurrayToxic_PlagJamesDBD 6 votes
Change them to 4k
85%
myers_obsessionJesyaGibberishStevoMONKEYMANCamoRangerFibijeanGamer00VolantConch1719MønsSpartagone45MiriamGAcesthetiicTapeKnotPolarBearbrokedownpalaceDr_TrautsPizzamanAven_FallenYaBoiTanis 54 votes
change them to something else other than 4k (specify)
4%
WINTERSAvilgusPhoenix_Wright 3 votes

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited November 2019
    Change them to 4k

In theory I believe it should be a 4k, largely because that's what "Merciless Victory" used to mean before the introduction of the emblem system. The problem is that it's quite difficult to change achievements/trophies once they're already in the system, so how feasible it actually is to make the change is less clear.

• WINTERS
    WINTERS Member Posts: 127
    change them to something else other than 4k (specify)

I pressed the wrong one. I think it should be a 4k. I don't know how they could change it though. Some players told me it's impossible due to consoles inability to change trophies.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Change them to 4k

The biggest problem is that survivors’ adepts are consistent - you just have to escape, no matter what rank you are. Killer however is a different story. Not only do you have to use a setup of perks you may not be well acquainted with, let alone that they probably don’t slow the game down at all, but the difficulty scales with rank a lot more than Survivor does. Not only do your opponents tend to be better and more ruthless in doing generators quicker, but the emblem system also requires you get more emblem points to satisfy the requirements to get the adept. It’s really dumb imo.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Change them to 4k

Having to do a 4K only with the three basic perks would be better..

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Change them to 4k

A 4k with their perks would be the easiest way to make it consistent... something I thought behavior likes since the stealth killer changes...

• Fibijean
    Change them to 4k

It used to be a 4k back when the victory cube system was in place for ranking up as killer. The change wasn't an intentional decision on the devs' part to make the achievement more difficult, but simply an unfortunate side effect of the ranking system overhaul which was an attempt to make rank more reflective of players' ingame proficiency.

• Raven014
    Change them to 4k

I know what it used to be, but those changes make them needlessly difficult... because it depends on the killer and perks they have whether they're going to get it easier or not.

• Raven014
    Change them to 4k

It's not that changing the trophies is impossible, but there's a process that takes a while.

• Fibijean
    Change them to 4k

I agree, and I assumed you might already know that the system used to be different. My point was mainly a reminder that the change was a side effect of a bigger overhaul, not a decision to alter the requirements for the achievement per se. Other achievements have suffered similar consequences as a result of changes to game mechanics, such as Left For Dead.

• Raven014
    Change them to 4k

Yeah, that has changed as well...

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Change them to 4k

I’m aware that it was an unintended side effect of the victory cube being replaced with the emblem system, hell, before Nea / The Nurse came out, the requirement was to unlock any tier of the perks 6 times, which was laughable honestly since there basically wasn’t any challenge, just play the character you were most comfortable using and spend the BP elsewhere.

That doesn’t change the fact that they didn't even acknowledge achievements (that I know of at least) whenever the emblems system came out. They shouldn’t have inconsistent conditions between roles. It should either be both sides require a double pip to get it or both sides complete their objective to get it. Not a mix of both.

I can’t remember if these counted since I haven’t done an adept survivor recently, though Hatch escapes shouldn’t count for survivors either imo. I used to think they should, but since the hatch can spawn at any time now if you are last alive, you could luck out having done practically nothing...

I know achievements are pretty insignificant and are probably the least of the devs’ worries currently, but I still don’t think they should have different conditions between roles. Adept for objective completion or adept for a double pip. One or the other. Not both.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214
    Change them to 4k

I have honestly given up with Ghost Face's Adept, and probably not going to bother with Demogorgon.

Achievements are meant to be fun. The old Adept was fun. It should never have been attached to pipping.

I was LUCKY when I got Adept Plague. And I couldn't play her without hating myself. Now, she's probably in my top ten.

Adept Killer just simply isn't fun. Ad because of it, I'm trapped at rank 18, waiting an average of 10 MINUTES to find a game, that half the time DOESN"T EVEN LOAD.

If your emblems were actually accurate to your ability, I'd be fine. But you can't really do that (Looking at you Gatekeeper).

Sorry for this rant. I literally just woke up.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    Change them to 4k

4K, but 4 Sacrifices so that it cannot be bypassed by using a Mori. Merciless Victory is simply dumb, not only it gets harder because of the Survivors, but you also need to have better Emblems the higher the Rank is. And waiting for Rank Reset (which might be changed anyway) to do Adepts is not a good solution.

So yeah, 4K with Sacrificies, DCs and Moris dont count. This makes it achieveable, even on high Ranks, but not super-easy by just using an Ebony.

• Fibijean
    Change them to 4k

I agree that ideally the conditions should be equivalent, which is why I voted for the 4k option. If I had to guess, I'd say the devs realised that implementing the emblem system would mess with the achievements, but made an executive decision to put it out anyway rather than letting something relatively insignificant get in the way of a big game improvement like a (theoretically) better, more accurate and in-depth ranking system.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Change them to 4k

"Theoretically". However the emblem system doesn't reward players who play effectively.

• Fibijean
    Change them to 4k

I agree, which is why I used that word, but that's a discussion for another thread.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155
    Change them to 4k

The amount of times I get 4k but not the merciless Killer is so insane

• Toxic_Plag
    Toxic_Plag Member Posts: 42
    Keep them the way they are

Just don’t be in red ranks 😐

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500
    Change them to 4k

Foremost, it should be consistent across killers and survivors adept achievements.

Currently survivors just need to do a successfull escape, where as killers need to closly look at their emblem points.

So either it should be a 4K for Killers, or it should be adjusted for survivors so that they also need to get 2 pips for an adept achievement. Again, it should be consistent across killers and survivors. No role should have an "easier" way to do the adept achievements (and currently it's easier for survivors).

• Byrd
    Byrd Member Posts: 47
    Change them to 4k

I'd say 4k because the way they have it now it's like 100% harder for killers to the adept.