The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why are the servers still down

Unit
Unit Member Posts: 190
Seriously it's been about 12+ hours and there's still people without servers

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I haven't been able to play for the last 3 days on Xbox.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    edited August 2018

Keep trying repeatedly to load in and eventually you will. It took me 20+ successive attempts but I got in. Its a pain in the ass but at least you get to play. And once you're in there's no trouble finding lobbies. At least on PS4.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Are you surprised? Its BHVR were talking about

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

Keep trying repeatedly to load in and eventually you will. It took me 20+ successive attempts but I got in. Its a pain in the ass but at least you get to play. And once you're in there's no trouble finding lobbies. At least on PS4.

Don't get me wrong because I totally did this to just to play but I feel like it's not really helping the issue with everyone doing it lol
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Because an issue doesn't get solved in 12 hours or any other arbitrary timeline you draw up. It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Orion said:
    Because an issue doesn't get solved in 12 hours or any other arbitrary timeline you draw up. It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

It shouldnt be a problem to begin with.

Its a free game on PS4, think of the revenue they are losing from the shop.

Anyone in a management position would deem this completely unacceptable.

• Orion

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

Problems shouldn't be a thing to begin with. That's what makes them problems in the first place. And last I heard, it was only """free""" if you were already paying for some subscription on PS4.

• Tizzle
    edited August 2018

@Orion said:

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

Problems shouldn't be a thing to begin with. That's what makes them problems in the first place. And last I heard, it was only """free""" if you were already paying for some subscription on PS4.

Yeah because noone on Playstation doesn't have a subscription.

Are you stupid????

• Orion

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

Are you stupid????

No, but apparently you don't know the difference between free and paid. That's like saying your house is free if you just keep paying rent.

• N3X
    N3X Member Posts: 39

@Unit said:
    Seriously it's been about 12+ hours and there's still people without servers

If it is on PC. Then Spamm your Spacebar in the Loading screen. It helps. Hownt know why but it helps

• Tizzle

@Orion said:

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

Are you stupid????

No, but apparently you don't know the difference between free and paid. That's like saying your house is free if you just keep paying rent.

ITS A FREE GAME BUT THEY MAKE MONEY FROM THE SHOP BECAUSE ITS FREE.

Once again, how stupid are you?????

• Orion

So yeah, OP, servers are still down because issues take time to fix.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Orion said:

Like it's been 2 years that peoles are waiting for balance ? lul

• Orion

@Giche said:

@Orion said:

Like it's been 2 years that peoles are waiting for balance ? lul

Maybe you're confused, this is a thread about connection problems when trying to start the game.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Orion said:
    Maybe you're confused, this is a thread about connection problems when trying to start the game.

Keep acting like these Devs never ######### up something in the 2 years of this game's lifespan.

Amazing that there is still peoples willing to defend them.

• Orion

@Giche said:

@Orion said:

Keep acting like these Devs never ######### up something in the 2 years of this game's lifespan.

Amazing that there is still peoples willing to defend them.

I'm acting like this thread isn't about balance issues because... it's not. But you do you, man. Don't let facts stop you from pretending people are doing something they're not.

• Master

@Orion said:

There are indie studios way smaller than BHVR who deal with this problems in a few hours.
    That something like this REGULARLY happens during events is just a joke.

• Orion

@Master said:

@Orion said:

There are indie studios way smaller than BHVR who deal with this problems in a few hours.

Do you have any idea the sheer number of things that can cause any one issue? Sometimes an issue is easy to solve, sometimes it's not.

• Master

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

Do you have any idea the sheer number of things that can cause any one issue? Sometimes an issue is easy to solve, sometimes it's not.

I can only speculate about the reasons cuasing these kind of issues. However I guess it takes so long to fix because DBD is a spaghetti code most likely....

I only see the results and if I compare those to other games...... doesnt let the DBD devs look good tbh

• Orion

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

I can only speculate about the reasons cuasing these kind of issues. However I guess it takes so long to fix because DBD is a spaghetti code most likely....

I only see the results and if I compare those to other games...... doesnt let the DBD devs look good tbh

I see the results compare it to my own experience with programming, and it doesn't make the devs look better or worse.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

The servers are not down, they are just #########, that's all.

• Tizzle

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

I see the results compare it to my own experience with programming, and it doesn't make the devs look better or worse.

I can only imagine LOL.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

That's why you always have a backup or recovery plan. As far as I know, they use AWS and there are VERY easy tools to set up a robust, fault-tolerant and self-recovering infrastructure, even I can do (did) it! So no offence but this should not happen, and the studio is not THAT small....

• Orion

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

That's why you always have a backup or recovery plan. As far as I know, they use AWS and there are VERY easy tools to set up a robust, fault-tolerant and self-recovering infrastructure, even I can do (did) it! So no offence but this should not happen, and the studio is not THAT small....

Definitely, the lack of backups is an issue. However, nobody's complaining about that, as far as I know, they're just complaining that the issue wasn't fixed in whatever arbitrary time frame they imagine the issue should've been fixed by.

• wtfisgoingon
    wtfisgoingon Member Posts: 15

Cause it's BHVR..

They don't hire anyone that knows what they're doing because people that do know what they're doing don't work for minimum wage.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

@Orion said:

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

Definitely, the lack of backups is an issue. However, nobody's complaining about that, as far as I know, they're just complaining that the issue wasn't fixed in whatever arbitrary time frame they imagine the issue should've been fixed by.

I agree, the issue is fixed when it is fixed, nothing we can do about. But the duration is definitely (too) long

• Orion

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

I agree, the issue is fixed when it is fixed, nothing we can do about. But the duration is definitely (too) long

Well, you have to keep in mind that a work day is a thing, and the devs don't instantly hear about issues. Right now it's almost 10 AM where they live.

• Tizzle

@Orion said:

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

Well, you have to keep in mind that a work day is a thing, and the devs don't instantly hear about issues. Right now it's almost 10 AM where they live.

A mere 24 hours after the issues first began.

Everythings fine, just be patient -)

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    It easier to conceive than it is to get into the game rn. 
  • Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@N3X said:

If it is on PC. Then Spamm your Spacebar in the Loading screen. It helps. Hownt know why but it helps

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

My troubles started the day before the event so i am nearing three days of network errors. Its a ht and miss as to if i can get in or not and i dont feel like sitting there pressign either Mouse 1 or the spacebar when i can play other things.

What pisses me off is that this has been an issue for me since day one with this game. This network error keeps coming back and they are not fixing it for good.

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

@Orion said:

Yeah. New patch is out. Oops, we have accidentally entered "0" instead of "10" for tinkerer 2. But let's release a "hot"fix after 2 weeks. I mean, this is either some very ######### spaghetti code or a complete indifference. And you can't say they were "thoroughly testing" it either, because they obviously do no such thing.

• Orion
    edited August 2018

@BillyIII said:

@Orion said:

Yeah. New patch is out. Oops, we have accidentally entered "0" instead of "10" for tinkerer 2. But let's release a "hot"fix after 2 weeks. I mean, this is either some very ######### spaghetti code or a complete indifference. And you can't say they were "thoroughly testing" it either, because they obviously do no such thing.

Yes, that's a common mistake and easy to overlook when double-checking your code. It's no different from a typo.

No, they probably didn't test every single combination of every single perk, because that'd make updates impossibly long. I've never seen a company push out a single patch that didn't have a single bug, ever, but maybe I'm wrong, maybe the people complaining about patches having bugs (which is normal if you've ever done any programming) are perfect programmers whose code never needs any debugging.

• Uneverything
    Uneverything Member Posts: 4

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

I can only imagine LOL.

• Uneverything
    Uneverything Member Posts: 4

Any company with respect for their own reputation, their game and customers would definitely have worked this out by now. This is just an insult to anyone who payed money for something that they now have no way of using - basically they took their game back, but kept your money ;)

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2018
    It's offically been 24 hours since the downtime begin. This is the update from the devs. 

• Orion

@Uneverything said:
    Any company with respect for their own reputation, their game and customers would definitely have worked this out by now. This is just an insult to anyone who payed money for something that they now have no way of using - basically they took their game back, but kept your money ;)

Yes, because that's how programming works. It's magic, really.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Orion said:

I really believe you should be a mod or even the new community manager. You defend these guys more than anyone else. Please understand I am not insulting you. I actually believe you are more of a voice on the forum for BHVR than not_community manager is.

• Orion
    edited August 2018

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

I really believe you should be a mod or even the new community manager. You defend these guys more than anyone else. Please understand I am not insulting you. I actually believe you are more of a voice on the forum for BHVR than not_community manager is.

I'm a voice of reason. Saying that the amount of time it takes to find and fix a bug is directly proportional to the severity of the bug, as that person just did, is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of understanding of how anything works from a developer PoV. At the same time, in this thread, I also agreed with someone who said the devs should've had backup systems in place for this situation. This is no different than what mods and community managers say and do.

Cue trolls mocking my "voice of reason" statement.

• Master

@Orion said:

@BillyIII said:

@Orion said:

Yes, that's a common mistake and easy to overlook when double-checking your code. It's no different from a typo.

No, they probably didn't test every single combination of every single perk, because that'd make updates impossibly long. I've never seen a company push out a single patch that didn't have a single bug, ever, but maybe I'm wrong, maybe the people complaining about patches having bugs (which is normal if you've ever done any programming) are perfect programmers whose code never needs any debugging.

I have never seen a company pushing out patches with as many bugs as BHVR (at least not counting all the early access stuff) and even some early access games do a better job. Whats straightout ridiculous is the time it takes them to fix these bugs, killer sound and huntress truck hitboex being an example

• SuperRavenSn1per
    SuperRavenSn1per Member Posts: 34

I don't care about how long it takes to fix, I care about how they aren't communicating with us at all.

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

@Master said:
    I have never seen a company pushing out patches with as many bugs as BHVR (at least not counting all the early access stuff)

You must've not played Awesomenauts. Their PTB players had to test THE CHANGELOG. Because it contained stuff that was not pushed, and did not contain stuff that was. Oh, and they have gotten an inside joke (it was a literal "if char A is damaged by char B with skin C, he is killed" condition) into the testing build at least once.

• Master

@BillyIII said:

@Master said:
    I have never seen a company pushing out patches with as many bugs as BHVR (at least not counting all the early access stuff)

You must've not played Awesomenauts. Their PTB players had to test THE CHANGELOG. Because it contained stuff that was not pushed, and did not contain stuff that was. Oh, and they have gotten an inside joke (it was a literal "if char A is damaged by char B with skin C, he is killed" condition) into the testing build at least once.

No I didnt^^