‘We don’t want this in the rift’

Options
Chaotic_Riddle
Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

‘Ok, we’ll add it anyways!’

There’s no point anymore in voicing your feedback towards BHVR. We’re honestly a joke at this point to them. The fact that we can voice our opinions on things like Legion’s changes being ridiculous, future RIFT challenges being mind boggling, telling them that maybe they should look into this Killer or Survivor perk and having them ignore it, asking for features so that the game won’t get stale, and yet still having them ignore us because we’re nothing but a punchline. There’s no reason to even voice yourselves anymore. The only way they’ll listen is when the money in our pockets is on the line, such as Ghostface for an example. Everyone stated that he was a joke, the worst killer in the game, and that everyone agreed not to buy him, and only then, did BHVR actually take action to assure that they’d get some sort of profit out of the chapter. There are good people at BHVR who actually care for some of us, that being people like not_Queen for example, but the entirety of the balance team doesn’t even know what they’re doing, the map designers are just continuing to ignore consistent feedback on maps, and for the love of god, when a majority of players state that certain rift challenges are either too toxic or too situational to be healthy for the game, they just ignore it, because they’ve already gotten the money.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Edits were to fix spelling mistakes and rephrase some sentences that were taken literally.

(Also, quick thanks to @BBQnDemogorgon for the images. Though he didn’t give it to me personally, I used them from a twitter post they made and wanted to credit them for taking time out of their day to show us images of the new challenges.)

Post edited by Chaotic_Riddle on

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Options

That one wasn’t an issue, apologies. I meant to post the ridiculous NoeD one, but ended up using the wrong photo. Still, some might find it a bit absurd, so I’ll keep it nonetheless.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited November 2019
    Options

Don't generalise. That's just your opinion and certainly not mine. 'EVERYONE' is a big word and it doesn't seem like you know when to use it, so maybe just try not to in the future. I'll give you an example - I like the archives and am really enjoying the challenges. I think the devs are doing t a great job. Come to think of it - it looks like they do listen ;)

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

You have your opinion and that is fine, but a lot of people are also happy with the challenges... they just don't voice their opinions on the forums.

People here keep blaming the challenges for causing toxicity and poor game play... really that is on the players themselves. Toxic people will be toxic (shock).

I am almost done tome 2 and I didn't have play dirty or sabotage a game to get it done. I just played normally and if I got my side quest completed, cool. I am sure a lot of other players are the same.

If the data shows things are too difficult or people are as unhappy as you claim they are, the devs will make a change.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Well I guess it’s Insidious Bubba time

• Accullla
    Options

You like to be overly dramatic, don't you? Honestly, by the way you express yourself the victim role that you're trying to take suits you well. I like that you introduce the topic about paying for something that is completely free and then complain for having to use a perk for one game. Also, out of curiosity where did you get the data to estimate that you're of the majority and I'm part of the minority on this topic? I'd be interested to see that. Opinionised people like you that for some reason assume that everyone should think like them are so difficult to take seriously.. You have no credibility

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

The rift was a big mistake and this proves it. Won't bother with the next one.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Never assume that a certain group are the majority simply because their voices are the loudest. Maybe the people who are happy with the challenges just aren't voicing their opinions as much on the forums because they have nothing to complain about.

Also, you're jumping the gun a bit there on the devs ignoring our feedback on the Legion changes. The live patch - which is where they typically make and announce changes from the PTB - doesn't even come out for another week.

And you don't know what features they're working on or what perks they're making adjustments to. There have been countless times in the past where a change has been released, and people were still complaining about the fact that the devs didn't care and hadn't done anything about said change right up until the last minute.

By all means, vent on the forums if you're frustrated, give feedback, criticise things all you want. The devs seem to consider all of that helpful stuff for them to hear. But we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, so just bear that in mind when you start making assumptions about what they are or aren't doing, or what their intentions might be.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

unhooking 2 Survivors during the EDC is a terrible challenge, good luck everyone and please @ me if you manage to do it.

• nerfeverything
    nerfeverything Member Posts: 52
    Options

If they listen to every single voice, then nothing will be done. Want a buff? Well some want a nerf. Want things to change in any form, some want it to be the same. That said, these times are not built to be done by all of the community. It is cutting off lower tier players from the lore and creating a difficult inaccessibility. Instead of making the game more playable, it does the exact opposite because everyone in the match is trying to constantly do these difficult challenges while the rest of the team suffer. It makes the game so much less fun.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

About not_Queen. She is one of the few who was a real gamer and loved dbd before being employed by bhvr. And she's one of the few members of bhvr which I can take serious and respect. Most of the others... There are just business people in suits thinking about how to milk the community and make as much profit as possible.

Don't get me wrong, in the end it's a business after all. But there is a difference better developers being gamers by themselves and are earning money on top of that or just developers who only see the $.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

Listen to who? Definently not listening the majority.

• dkyguy1995
    dkyguy1995 Member Posts: 45
    Options

What the ######### are you complaining about? These are normal ######### challenges there's nothing wrong with this. Are you mad because you have to use monstrous shrine or because you have to use NOED? What's wrong with that? I seriously don't know what you're complaining about... Yeah this game has balance problems all the time but you aren't offering any solutions you're just complaining

• niemniemnieeem
    niemniemnieeem Member Posts: 77
    Options

i agree at some extent.

some survivor challenges encourage swf - bad for game health.

some killer challenges encourage scammy play - bad for the game health.

some challenges are just fukin grindy and boring D:

also personally the fact that they force to use noed in order to complete the challenge is just... dude... i haven't used this thing since Clown update cause survivors got nerfed to pieces and i literally don't have a heart to unleash this crap on them. besides, as a killer main i find it disgraceful to use noed overall. even before Clown i'd use it for fun build up like endgame Pig on the Game map.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

You think that 'everyone' hates these challenges because of people with your opinion posting on the forums. That's confirmation bias.

Much like how you have 1 player every game or 2 'ggez' after a match and think the whole community sucks ass, when its just the squeaky wheel getting the most grease.

My personal opinion about the challenges is only that we cant work on more than 1 at a time. I feel most of the challenges are pretty fair through tome 2. I've been forced to use different perks and playstyles. Found some i really like. Some i don't.

Only once did i resort to asking for farming when i got red forest 3 maps in a row while trying to trap survivors. And that was mostly rng frustration.

I dont expect anyone to 100% agree with me and if i suggest something on the forums i don't expect that suggestion to be made canon. Devs have their vision for the game. Im sure they have perk and killer ideas already conceived for the next couple chapters. I would argue that some things are changed or not changed because of future plans. (My theory is that billy is going to get changed as ONI is pretty much the same thing just ONI needs gas for his chainsaw)

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Options

Prepare for massive wall of text.

Do not be offended when I use the word ‘minority’, for which, I didn’t mean to offend. The justification for it was due to the fact that, when the final archive level was revealed due to a bug, most of Twitter, the forums, and reddit were upset about it. The current Archive challenges that we have seen are similar to the final stage. The usage of NoeD, ridiculous endgame scenarios that rarely could happen, and the other challenges that many, from what was seen, were upset about, which was, the majority. Some people, including myself, are still upset. In no way was I meant to offend you, but things like this shouldn’t just slide by because some people may have found it somewhat enjoyable. Some of us think that this is entirely unreasonable, and yes, while it may be free, there’s another variant of it that features things that some of us may want. Granted, Peanits stated that most of the items in that side will eventually be released to everyone to purchase, some people may not want to wait to pay for items like the Putrid Nurse or the Claudette cosmetics. Some of us would like to get tiers quicker without means of paying or playing 12 games everyday to get just one tier up. And when we want to try and obtain these items before they become priced at 10$ or more in the store, we would rather try and get them as quickly as possible. People have jobs, families, and other things to attend to and can not waste their time playing a video game ALL day, but some may have purchased the pass believing that, similar to other games like Fortnite or Apex Legends, it would be somewhat easy to get them. That hasn’t been the case for some of these, as they’ve been ridiculous, such as trying to kill 2 Survivors once the Endgame has started. Once the Endgame has started, MOST Survivors wouldn’t be dumb enough to sit there and wait for the Killer to come and kill them. The only time that this may occur is if they are either screwing around or are in a pickle in which the Killer is camping their teammate. This leads to toxicity and or unfun situations to deal with for both sides. The Killer is forced to do something that they may not be comfortable with, while the Survivors have to make the situation to either save their friends or let them die. This situation leads to players coming to conclusions that some of these challenges may not be physically possible, like saving 2 Survivors once Endgame has begun. The Killer will, 9 times out of 10, not leave the Survivor that they have hooked unless if they were certain they’d be able to secure another hook, which may not be possible if the Survivors come to the conclusion that there is no saving their friend unless if the Killer was a generic M1 Killer like Legion or Pig, who’s power becomes meaningless in Endgame, so long as they don’t have NoeD. They just can’t do it. And even then, if they do, they’d have to save another teammate, within the timeframe that the Endgame gives you.

TL;DR, There is something wrong with the Archives that people can admit are legitimately unfun and VERY VERY situational. There’s nothing you can do to actively get these challenges done unless if you commit yourself to actually wanting to go through the hassle of securing the objective that isn’t doable. Some people may find it fun, and that’s fine, but some people don’t want these challenges to continue at this rate. This can lead to many issues for both the community AND BHVR if it keeps up. I’m voicing my opinion that, from what I have seen, a lot of people can agree is problematic for the game. Do not take anything I said as an offense or to heart, it’s simply my opinion. People are allowed to have their own opinions, but please don’t get easily upset if something someone said on the internet offended you. It shouldn’t be taken seriously, and it should be stated that, yes, my comment on the ‘majority’ hating it was a flawed statement on my behalf, which I do apologize for, but don’t let a scheme that many companies have tried to do to scam their playerbase into spending money for something that isn’t plausible, such as Treyarch’s Black Ops 4 battlepass for an example. There’s just some things that you need to draw a line at.

• dkyguy1995
    dkyguy1995 Member Posts: 45
    Options

It's in the survivor handbook, you aren't allowed to hook people in the basement and of you do you're supposed to run and hide in the corner and let them escape

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options
  • anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192
    edited November 2019
    Options

It wasn't that bad...

I got Monstrous Mayhem by casually playing with monstrous shrine (+ agitation + iron grasp + mad grit). 1 attempt.

No one escapes the endgame was a bit tricky, because I hooked everyone twice and there were still 2 gens left to do. But to get this challenge I just went afk for a while and then I easily got 3 (even more than needed) kills during endgame collapse. What happend to the last guy? I killed him before gates were opened by accident... Was I toxic? I could have killed them earlier. They got 2 gens for free. Also 1 attempt btw.

I don't understand why would anyone complain about these challenges. You are the killer, you control the game.

Last minute hero is indeed situational (because you don't control your teammates and killer) and should be changed.

Post edited by anonymous31337 on
  • Wtcce4
    Wtcce4 Member Posts: 5
    Options

These don't seem that bad honestly, as long as you're able to dedicate a few games to complete them, it should be fine. I also think everyone is giving BHVR a little too much bs over the rift, but hey, maybe I'm just used to it since I've played Valve games most of my life

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    Options

BHVR after making stupid challenges.

• KillerMonkey236
    KillerMonkey236 Member Posts: 35
    Options

So reading this I just wanted to say that I also enjoy the archives, it just adds more of a challenge. It's about changing your playstyle and adapting. For the NOED challenge just make an endgame build and enjoy playing. It just takes a few games to do. It may be an annoying perk but it's only toxic if you make It that way. Dont worry about hurting someone's feeling in game. It's 1 game

• Chaotic_Riddle
    edited November 2019
    Options

I’m not afraid of that, I’m afraid of the outcomes that will come of this. Players have voiced their feedback before stating that isn’t healthy for the game, to encourage things like the usage of NoeD or Self Care. Not to mention that, in my massive wall of text, that some of these are very situational and don’t encourage skill but luck. You have to get lucky enough to have the Survivors be mindless to stick around for Endgame, you have to have luck that the Killer will somehow manage to hook town Survivors during Endgame and not camp one of them, you have to have luck to believe your teammates will actually do generators and other various tasks while you Self Care in the corner for twenty minutes because the Killer brought Sloppy. It’s meaningless tasks that had no thought or heart put into them. They’re not ‘challenges’, they’re just ‘spin the wheel and hope the Killer/Survivors are clueless!’

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

Hooking 2 people in the basement at the same time is most easily achieved with camping it and who tf wants to camp the basement as it's just toxic af.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@Zamblot

It's a part of the game. Same as taking hits for people while they are heading to a gate, same as farming people with BT, just because you know you "can".

All part of the game.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

All of these challenges are pretty fair aside from the EGC unhook one.

The NOED one will only take a couple of games, as I'm guaranteed to see the end game as killer if I want to.

With the survivor one, you need to:

1). Make it to End Game Collapse (5 Gens)

2). Have 1+ teammates alive

3) Hope one gets hooked (or is hooked when it starts)

4) Hope one gets hooked after/during your rescue of the first

5) Make sure both are safe unhooks

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

The killer ones are easy. Right now I'm on escape without being unhooked with spine chill. I'm basically having to play extremely safe and still getting found right before escaping. It's not fair to the rest of my team. I can't really go for saves and have to bail on gens as soon as the killer gets close. I hate playing this way.

• Accullla
    Options

I'll reply to your wall of text with my own.

I didn't get offended, although it may have seemed like it.I now see that you are reasonable and I do apologise that I came out more aggressive in my comment than needed.

What I disliked about your comments is that you state opinions as fact. It's true that a lot of people got upset over the leaked tomes (and even the current level), but you don't seem to accept that there may be just as many who are pretty happy with the challenges. Think about it this way, when people dislike something they tend to be a lot more vocal than they would be in the opposite situation. Even though it may seem like most people are against how the tomes are designed, that's not necessarily true. I, for one, really like that they get progressively harder and put you in a situation that you wouldn't normally fall into. That spices up a game that's normally pretty repetitive. It gives me a reason to go back to it. Believe it or not, a bunch of other people feel the same way.

I don't believe the tomes should be easy and I also don't think that everyone should expect to complete the rift every single season. For example, I've spent quite a lot of time playing the game this season and I've almost reached the end already. I know I won't be playing as much next season, so I probably won't purchase the the next pass. Then who knows about the ones after that.. You don't HAVE to have every cosmetic that you want - if you don't feel up to the grind, just forget about the cosmetics and play the game normally. People should be able to make a conscious decision on whether the paid rift track will give them value for their money and then choose whether to buy it or not. You can literally wait until the very last day and know exactly what youre getting when you buy the pass. Personally I don't think it can get any more fair than that.

Regarding the challenges - if I understood you right you think that (for example) the noed challenge will create a toxic environment - i don't agree. Perks aren't toxic - people are. Granted it will give toxic people an "excuse" to make the game miserable for others, but respectful players will still play normally. I can easily equip noed on my billy and you'll never even find out that I had it, as I'll refuse to use my basic attack. Furthermore (this is just my personal experience) I don't use any slowdown perks, so when i mess up a few chainsaws during the match a lot of the action actually happens during the endgame and I often get to kill multiple people during that period. These are usually the most tense and exciting moments I have in dbd as killer. I won't go into too much detail on the survivor side as this post is already really long, but altruism during the end game is actually pretty fun if you don't play with the mindset that you always have to escape. Honestly, the challenges aren't THAT hard..

Regarding camping during the endgame - some people want to secure a kill and some people want to get as many points as possible. If you're the latter, then actually trying to go for others and leaving the hook is the better strategy, because you'll put a lot more pressure on survivors that way. In my experience the split between these people is closer to 60/40, meaning that 4 out of 10 games you'll get a pretty good chance to be altruistic during the game.

TL;DR, There are a lot of people who like the challenges; I think the challenges that people complain about might turn out to be a lot of fun to complete and i don't think they're that hard; I don't think the challenges will force a toxic playstyle that's not already there

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Options

Thank you, you’re a very respectable person and I thank you again for voicing your concerns about my concerns, and that may sound silly but having civil conversations can help both sides understand one another more clearly. 💜

• AntiPlague12898
    AntiPlague12898 Member Posts: 51
    edited November 2019
    Options

It's strange some challenges are easy but time consuming. but others are backbreaking work. I would rather it be one or the other not both.

Post edited by AntiPlague12898 on
  • Accullla
    Options

I agree and I apologise again for for the tone in my earlier comments. I was out of line

• SafetyOff
    SafetyOff Member Posts: 68
    Options

They cant just snap their fingers and just change things. These things take time.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

"Hook a survivor in the basement while another survivor is on a basement hook"

"While using monstrous shrine perk"

Did... Did the challenge literally telling me to go use the number one worst killer perk to unlock this?

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Options

Weeks prior to THESE challenges being added, people gave them feedback on the final archive level that was shown to us due to a bug. People said it was ridiculous and way too situational, and told them to change it. They said it was just placeholders, and people bought it. Now, they’ve literally added challenges that people had said were difficult and or situational and didn’t learn a damn thing. They had weeks to ‘snap their fingers’ before they would release this level, and now we’ve seen that, no matter what some people may say, they just don’t listen.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    Options

The only reason that this game stays popular is that it has no competition and as long as it doesn't have any BHVR doesn't really need to do much

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

I think the only thing I dont like about the tomes is that alot of the challenges are so random like the unhook 2 people during thevEGC, you cant predict that happening

• Chaotic_Riddle
    edited November 2019
    Options

As I’ve said, it’s all luck and no skill, as I’d like to call the EGC challenges. I also like to call it, ‘no heart and thought from BHVR.’

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282
    Options

Few matches more with bots swarming hooks or more trappers in a row and I swear I'm gonna take a long break from this game.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

On a positive note PS4 survivors DC upon seeing ruin so you can farm for what you all need during the countless times DC nation makes the matches unfun to play for everyone.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Options

Well, it seems that, supposedly, BHVR is actually going to change the archives...Though whether or not they’re actually good is going to be debatable, but at least it’s an update.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265
    Options

A lot of these are NOT as hard as people are making them out to be. Sucks that you need a specific perk, i'd prefer it if they didn't all need to be done in 1 game either, as that drops the actual success factor....overall though they are definitely doable