Best killer for a Potato vs SWF

So, I am a Potato when it comes to this game (any many others <.<). I currently enjoy playing both roles in this game, but when I play killer and get matched against a full SWF group that have the maps pallet and window locations memorized, I just feel so useless.

What killers would you guys suggest for a potato like me, who is not great, plays for fun but wants to ruin a tbaggers match?

Don't say Hillbilly or Leatherface plz, I hate how Billy looks and can't stand Leatherfaces oinking

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Thanks for the response. Yea, I just can't stand everything about Billy. I hate how he hunches over and his walk, and I can't stand his face. It repels me. I don't want to play something that I don't like.

I was thinking to play Spirit next, thanks for the suggestion.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    edited November 2019

If you are a potato there's not really a killer against people with thousands of hours abusing third party communication. Go in a corner and open youtube. Or invest time learning nurse.

Post edited by FriendlyGuy on
  • PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Spirit, Freddy and ghostface are good alternatives to hillbilliam. You should give billy a try, though. He can be very fun.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Probably Freddy. Just spam blood pools around loops while you are chasing survivors.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Am patatr tu

• AvisDeene

I want to get better, but I am just slow at learning (Not just in video games). The largest challenge I have is loops and mind gaming people. I would think Nurse would be the best fit for me, but I hate how slow she moves.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

There is no killer that a potato can beat a coordinated team with. Just going to have to practice

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Whatever killer interest you the most

• JHarsch
    JHarsch Member Posts: 41

The Shape is both effective and relatively easy. I'm not saying he's gonna be the easiest to learn, but he's a good start.

Trapper is another killer who can be insanely effective based on how well you can control a survivor's movements and how well you set traps. He might seem a little difficult (especially when survs pop your traps repeatedly) but he's really great to learn with.

Wraith is about as basic as it gets. Go ghost and find a survivor. Body block if you can and get a hit in. Rinse and repeat. Super straight forward.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Let me start off by saying there's "killer potential" and "your potential with a killer". All the killers have a certain potential but it comes down to the way you think how much of said potential is even used. Naturally you become best with the killer whose power is most interesting to you so as @GrootDude said:

Find a killer that interests you and spend some time playing said killer. With interest you naturally learn to play the specific killer more efficiently relatively quickly. Even if "your killer" happens to be low on most tier lists that doesn't mean you'll have bad games all the time necessarily. Also you will have WAY more fun in the long run if you become good with a killer you like.

I knew several people on my platform who "forced themselves" to become good with top tier killers like Hillbilly and Nurse and guess what happened. At some point they did get good with said killers but stopped playing the game because those killers weren't fun to them but at the same time they were too afraid of getting bullied so they never tried playing "weaker killers" that they may have had more fun with.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Want a Killer who only wins against complete brain-damaged morons and will absolutely never succeed at any rank above Rank 20?

Plague.

Plague relies almost entirely on the Survivors playing like trash. There is also no higher end strategies to be learned as Plague: you puke on Survivor you chase them like a default Killer.

Plague is more brain-dead than Leatherface and more of a noob stomper than old Freddy.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited November 2019

Any killer can be viable. Just depends on different factors like your skill level, the survivor’s skill level, and the map layout.

Killers that will do best against a good group of survivors are Nurse, Spirit, and Freddy. Nurse has a LARGE learning curve so I don’t recommend her. If you want a relaxed game with little stress then Spirit is the way too go. She’ll take a day or two to get used to, but once you know the basics of her power it’s super simple. Plague is also great as well. I play her the most in red ranks and I do just fine.

I’m hella boosted at times as well, we can all be a potato.

• JHarsch

You play a lot of Plague right? I mean you must know, you sound so sure.

• TigerKirby215

I have Plague at P2 and have a friend who mains Plague. Neither of us have ever won a match as Plague beyond Rank 12. And before I get the infinite onslaught of "lol ######### Killer" I've gotten to Rank 1 as Wraith and have won at high ranks with Wraith, Clown, and Legion. So if I can win with "bottom tier" Killers like Wraith / Clown / Legion and can't get more than 2k as Plague if I'm lucky that's certainly a sign of something.

There's also the fact that Plague gets #########-all for Emblems, which makes playing her at high ranks a guarenteed way to derank without being "AFK."

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Old Freddy was extremely underrated, I beat plenty of good groups with him.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

It works.

I agree that Freddy's probably the easiest-to-play-yet-strong killer. Honestly though just try a bunch of different killers and see who you like to play the most, I wouldn't worry too much about 'oh god a SWF I gotta play x killer only!'.

• MegMain98
    edited November 2019

That’s your own opinion. Doesn’t mean other players can’t do good with Plague. I’ve been playing her since her released and gotten to Rank 1 with ONLY Plague. It’s not like I destroyed noobs the whole way there either.

I can’t play Legion for the life of me and I never do good with them ever but I’m not gonna sit here and say that they are “noob stompers”. Any killer can be a noob stomper. I can destroy noobs with Nurse and I’m terrible with her.

• AvisDeene

Thanks for the responses guys. After browsing the killer list, I decided to use shards to unlock the Hag so I could have access to her ruin. That becomes teachable at level 40, correct?

As far as the next killers I'll try it will probably be Trapper for the reasons DudeDelicious wrote. I'll probably main Spirit just because she tugs at my inner Weebness.

• JHarsch

And I've seen P3s in the white and yellow ranks. Telling us about your accolades doesn't validate your opinions about a killer. I usually make 2k with her, sometimes 3 or 4. Plague isn't not the greatest killer, but she certainly isn't the worst.

I used to think that hex perks were completely pointless simply because the first time I tried running them, they got popped within 30 seconds of the game, eight games in a row. I almost always run Ruin now (because of course I should), but I can't let a streak of comically bad luck skew my view of these perks.

• TigerKirby215

It's objective fact that Plague gets #########-all for emblems (due to the fact that she only hits people once per chase, hence giving her a lower Malicious score. There's also the fact that she's a default Killer who takes forever in a chase) which makes it impossible to rank up as her at high ranks. She also has zero map pressure and more-often-than-not she gets gen rushed even harder than other Killers cause Survivors aren't healing.

The only way to win as Plague is to play against potatoes who cleanse, and not just because you get your AR-15. If Survivors are wasting time cleansing then they're not doing gens, and you can infect them again by lightly coughing on them.

• TigerKirby215

Hag and Trapper are very difficult Killers who rely heavily on knowing how Survivors play. They're hard to play without an effective understanding of the routes that Survivors run to.

Spirit's a little easier to play but still pretty challenging. Honestly if you want an easy and fun "weeb" Killer wait for the next chapter and buy Oni: he's very powerful on PTB, looks cool, is fun to play, and is quite effective even at high ranks. (Of course this is subject to change because PTB is PTB.)

• MegMain98

Yeah she doesn’t pip easily but neither does Billy. Does that make him impossible to rank up with? Billy has an instadown and doesn’t get as many hits but people still play him. If I wanted to I could always pip with Plague but I just don’t care enough. Rank doesn’t matter to me. I always end up at Rank 1 anyways.

Most survivors don’t cleanse against me and I always end up snowballing because they are all one shots. They all get pressured to cleansed when I start killing off their teammates and that’s a lose-lose scenario on their part. I prefer if they DON’T cleanse because they are easier to find and I can down them in one hit. Damned if they don’t cleanse and damned if they do cleanse. Plague still has the potential to down survivors easily.

If you can’t see Plague’s potential then don’t play her. It’s that simple. She is very solid killer. I do just fine with her and I’m FAR from the best killer.

• TigerKirby215

"Yeah she doesn’t pip easily but neither does Billy."

Hooooooooly #########. Man I miss the LOL reaction soooooooo much.

Yeah no. You can't convince something that has a negative IQ score.

• ASpazNamedSteve

What did he say that's so ridiculous...?

Billy is bad at pipping, instadowns give you literally half the amount of chaser as hitting people twice. If you're good at him your Chaser emblem will almost always be trash.

• TigerKirby215

Billy actually has ######### map pressure (leading to better Gatekeeper)? Also Billy has a fast pallet break while Plague gets to sniff her bath salts at every pallet?

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

I'm honestly shaking my head after reading this nonsense. I think I need to go wash my brain with some good Billy games after this.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Doctor with Irisdiscent King+High Stimulus Electrode as addons, Distressing, Brutal Strength, Coulrophobia and Thanatophobia as perks and The Game offering.

• ASpazNamedSteve

He's not saying Billy is bad lol. He just gets one of the worst Chaser.

• MegMain98

Billy’s map pressure doesn’t mean jack when he is turned into an M1 killer because he has no opportunity to use his chainsaw.

A LOT of killers have no map pressure but it doesn’t make them unviable. Ghostface has 0 map pressure. He does great in red ranks.

Yeah the “LOL” reaction was great. Seems like you probably got that a lot.

If my boosted ass can 4K 85% of the time in red ranks with no add-on Plague then I doubt she’s a bad killer.

• TigerKirby215
    edited November 2019

So does Billy not get Chaser because he uses his Chainsaw for an Instadown, or is he forced to use his M1 (and henceforth gets a good Chaser score cause he hits Survivors twice)?

Also imagine thinking that having the best map pressure in the game makes you bad because you have to hit people normally. Yup that's certainly why Freddy has such a low kill rate. His ability to teleport to any uncompleted generator on the map is offset massively by the fact that he has to attack twice like 80% of the Killers in the game.

• MegMain98

He gets a terrible Chaser emblem because of his instadown. I guess I’ve run into the Billy lovers club. Never said he was bad.

Imagine thinking that pip mean a killer is good or bad or that rank matters.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Billy is the single most boring killer in dbd after Legion.

• TigerKirby215

I honestly don't know why I'm trying to reason with a Meg main. I'd have better luck teaching a house plant particle physics.

• MegMain98

When did I say Billy is a bad killer? What I said was he gets terrible Chaser emblem causing him NOT to pip as easily as other killers who typically get two hits on a survivor. He can win the match but he isn’t as likely to pip as Spirit who is even stronger and gets two hits.

Billy can get turned into an M1 killer on certain maps because he has no opportunity to use his chainsaw because of the map design. It’s not because the killer is bad, you just can physically use it often against an optimal group if you get a map like Lery’s or Hawkins.

Am I talking to a brick wall?

• MegMain98

Reasoning? You make zero sense on ANYTHING you’re saying. You twist my words around in your favor.

A.) I said Billy and Plague do not pip easily

B.) I said Billy does not get good Chaser score

C..) You interpreted that as me saying “Billy is bad” because you hate Plague since you potato playing her and she doesn’t get good emblem scores.

Yeah I’m a Meg main but you seem to be the one who has the “big brain” over here.

• JHarsch
  • Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I would rather play with or against any killer over Billy. To me Billy is overall just annoying on both sides and extremely unbalanced.

• MegMain98

I don’t find him unbalanced but I do think Billy is very boring. I just can’t get behind his character. Just a very plain looking character. I never enjoy facing Billy or playing as Billy. All my Billy dailies immediately get deleted.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

Simple answer is none.

All killers are being dragged down to wraith and trapper level,

But hey, a chart combining all platforms with zero context and released during an event, shows that all killers are OvErpeRf0RmINg