Until Dawn Chapter Suggestion

BlooperReel
BlooperReel Member Posts: 127
edited December 2019 in Creations

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before we begin I'd like to make it very clear that I understand that Behaviour will need Supermassive Games' permission to do this. This WHOLE thing is a suggestion. I'd really like to see it get put into action.

PLEASE NOTE: I have decided to use Chris in place of Mike for a few reasons; Mike doesn’t know how to battle Wendigos, Mike is missing two fingers and would realistically be worse at Gen repair, simply put I like Chris better, Chris has actual personality whilst I feel Mike is more of an angry horn-dog. 

PLEASE NOTE: I am by no means a professional at this so I welcome your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism in order to help balance it out. I'll be giving my opinion of why I did blank by putting them in parenthesis.

Hannah Washington: Wendigo

Terror Radius: Heat Vision - 12m/s, Normal - 32m/s (I figure the average terror radius is 32m/s and as such I think that 32m/s is acceptable. For Heat Vision, since I consider it the killer’s “normal eye sight” the killer should have the “normal” stealth capabilities. Normal is 0 but I feel that would be unfair)

Speed: Walking - 4.6m/s, Heat Vision Activated - 6.02m/s, Lunge - 6.9m/s, carrying - 3.68m/s (Similarly to the “normal” capabilities I figure that as a speedy character she should have the high end walking speed of 4.6, and since Heat Vision is her “normal sight” she should have a “normal pacing” and so 6.02 makes sense to me. The rest is game default.)

Ability: Heat vision - The longer she stands still the further the radius extends up to a maximum of 120 meters, without addons it will take 12 seconds to reach the max size. Switching on and off Heat Vision has a 1.5 second thing, meaning for 1.5 seconds there’ll be an effect similar to that of being blinded but it fades away in well 1.5 seconds without addons. Survivors that are obscured by trees, jungle gyms, generators, walls or rocks do not appear in heat vision. When a survivor moves within eye shot for 4 continuous seconds, they gain the Blindness effect for 3 seconds for every 5 meters that they are away from you which begins to cool down after they break line of sight. You must repeat this action for the effect to begin counting up again. It should also be noted that since we as the palyers can distinguish non-moving survivors from moving survivors, the survivors shouldn't appear at all unless they are moving whilst in heat vision. Generators being repaired will have the moving effect as well as survivors when they're jerking around on a generator or moving period. (I couldn't think of a good way to make this...good, so I tried to make this a distance thing. If a survivor is observed 15 meters away they become Blinded for 9 seconds, if they become obscured, lockers included, it starts counting down from 9. If it goes down to say 1.3 seconds and you observe them again from 10 meters away, it will jump back up to 6 seconds. Please also note that 12 seconds is the maximum it takes to reach 120 meters, or 10 meters per second)

Perks:

Strength of the Wendigo - After bloodlust activates, hitting a survivor will reset it at tier 1 and breaking a pallet will set it down a tier. Tier 3 activates 5/6/7 seconds earlier. However, losing a survivor will instantly set it back to 0 and bloodlust must be activated normally again, activating after 15 seconds. (I thought having a perk that changes the way bloodlust works would be interesting, there's an exchange where instead of having bloodlust decrease for losing a survivor you simply lose lose the survivor.) "The eyes turn first and become milky and white." - On Cannibalism

Mountain Walker - You gain the haste status effect when a generator within 20 meters of you is above 75/65/60% for 15 seconds. This perk has a 15 second cooldown after activating. (No particular reason, just thought it might be an interesting concept) "Well this mountain don't belong to me, it's true. But it don't belong to the Washingtons. This mountain belongs to the Wendigo." - Jack Fiddler

Dig Deep - Survivors suffer from the hemorrhage effect after being hit until they complete a generator, unhook another survivor, use a Styptic Agent or an Anti-Haemorrhagic Substance. Alternatively they can just suffer Hemorrhage for 60/90/120 seconds. (I was thinking that it might be interesting to have something that almost kicks the survivors while they’re down. I also thought it might be interesting to have Hemorrhage stick around for a long time, having the equivalent to Deep Wound in a less “heal or go down” style.) "Ha! First, the Wendigo, he'll render you immobile. And then he strips the skin off of your entire body, piece by piece. And then he keeps you alive and aware and feasts on your organs, one piece at a time." - Jack Fiddler

Addons:

Cable Car Key (Common) - While using Heat Vision, you can also see the auras of dropped pallets.

Compatibility Test (Common) - Slightly decreases the cooldown rate of the Blindness status effect.

Postcard (Common) - Slightly decreases the range of your terror radius.

Tattoo Card (Common) - Slightly increases the speed at which Heat Vision’s radius reaches maximum distance.

Jessica’s Phone (Uncommon) - Moderately decreases the range of your terror radius.

Kerosene Lamp (Uncommon) - Moderately decreases the time for switching on/off Heat Vision.

Mike’s Fingers (Uncommon) - You can see Survivor trails in a 5 meter radius while using Heat Vision.

Old Bones (Uncommon) - Moderately decreases the cooldown rate of the Blindness status effect.

Scrawled Journal (Uncommon) - Moderately increases the speed at which Heat Vision reaches maximum distance.

Danger Totem (Rare) - Skill Checks are harder to perform if a survivor is in your line of sight regardless of time observed.

Death Totem (Rare) - When using Heat Vision, survivors in a chase take longer to pull down pallets.

Fortune Totem (Rare) - When you are stunned by a pallet while using Heat Vision the survivor is inflicted with the Hindred status effect.

Guidance Totem (Rare) - Survivors that are Blinded reveal their trails when using Heat Vision.

Loss Totem (Rare) - Hitting a survivor while using Heat Vision inflicts the Exhausted status effect.

Beach Photo (Very Rare) - Survivors in a 15 meter range of a hooked survivor are revealed to you when using Heat Vision.

Beth’s Jacket (Very Rare) - Tremendously decreases the cooldown rate of the Blindness status effect.

Camcorder (Very Rare) - Tremendously decreases the range of your terror radius.

-Tremendously decreases the time for switching on/off Heat Vision

Prom Night Photo (Very Rare) - Tremendously increases the speed at which Heat Vision’s radius reaches maximum distance.

Hannah’s Diary (Ultra Rare) - When using Heat Vision the Oblivious status effect will be inflicted on survivors instead of Blindness.

Hannah’s Glasses (Ultra Rare) - Staring at a survivor while using heat vision for 8 seconds will inflict the exposed status on them for 30 seconds.

(Not even gonna get into these, waaay too many and half were dreamt up on a whim in order to fill the like 20 addons each killer gets, feel absolutely free to give suggestions)

Samantha Giddings

Perks:

Careful and Cautious - While outside of a chase you make 50/60/75% less noise and your red trail becomes harder to track with the trail widening by 2/3.5/5%. (Unlike lightweight the red trail doesn’t disappear any sooner than normal but rather becomes slightly harder to track by widening it, thus covering more trees, rocks, etc.) "Hello? Guys? What are you doing out there?"

Get a Move On - You pull down pallets 5/10/15% faster and gain a haste effect for 2/3/4 seconds after doing so, increasing your move speed by 2/2.5/3%. (My thoughts on this were that it would be nice to have a miniature version of Devour Hope’s 2 Token effect, a small and short speed burst when pulling down pallets, I figure it’s not too strong because it doesn’t last long and there’s a chance you run full speed right into the killer while zoomin’ around a corner and it stops being effective when there aren’t anymore pallets to pull down. I don’t think Any Means Necessary will really improve this perk much.) "Are you kidding me?"

Stay Sharp - When you work on a generator while Exposed you will be given a (one) very hard skill check, successfully pulling this off will instantly progress the generator by 5/10/12%. Failing to pull it off will stop progress on the gen by 3/2/1 seconds but no explosion will occur. (I feel like it’s an interesting opportunity for Survivors to earn a quick boost. I figure there are two options for survivors and that is to keep working or skeddadle depending on the Exposure. The ones that will be easily countered are Devour Hope Token 2 and Haunted Ground. Exposures that survivors will probably die if they try to attempt to get this in real quick like would be; Redhead’s Pinky Finger, Make Your Choice, Iron Maiden, Evil Within III possibly, and Night Shroud for Sure. The ones that are unaffected by this perk would be Rancor and NOED) "I've seen what's down there... and I'd give anything to unsee it."

Christopher Hartley

Perks:

Mental Breakdown - When a survivor is sacrificed to the entity gain a token, the previous token’s effects are then replaced with the new effects:

1 Token - You are able to heal other survivors 15/25/35% faster while in the killer’s terror radius but have the broken status effect until you leave the terror radius

2 Tokens - Generator Skill Checks are smaller but have a larger great check.

3 Tokens - When the hatch is closed and you are injured you can spend 5/4/3 seconds to open it again.

(Before you kill me over Token 3 give me a sec to explain Token 1. After a survivor is sacrificed you are able to heal one of the other two while in the killer’s terror radius doing so will make you broken. If the killer moves you into the terror radius by moving while you are healing (whilst previously outside the terror radius) broken applies to you, if they leave while you are healing broken goes away. Now Token 3, as someone who plays survivor a lot I can say that endgame collapse with neither door open and the hatch closed is frustrating. You can bring keys instead but killers complain that keys are too op (despite people rarely ever bringing them) and that you become the target in their eyes, not to mention they’ll sometimes throw Franklin’s Demise in as a backup. I hope Token 3 helps alleviate that stress without hurting the killers and making endgame considerably more fair/fun) "There's a maniac! And he was- there was a saw... and it was either him or Ash and I didn't know what to do! Cut right through him and spilling out everywhere-"

Motivated - When a survivor is injured all gen progress is sped up by 3/3.5/4% for each survivor totalling 12/14/16% max. When a generator is completed receive a Haste bonus effect for 10 seconds. (I thought that they did a good job of handling everything in Until Dawn and came up with this, when I realized I wrote the counter to Thanatophobia, I gave in and just made the counter to Thanatophobia. It only counters the injured portion and so Thanatophobia takes effect when the survivor is in the Dying or Hooked state) "I'll get you out of this, I won't let you die!"

Take this Seriously - When within a 20/26/32 meter radius of a survivor in the dying state perform altruistic actions faster by 10/18/25%. (I thought it would be a nice idea to give survivors the option to either, get them up and lose a speed boost, or keep the speed boost and let them start dying. This perk also counts when survivors are being carried since it still counts as the "Dying" state) "Great, so basically you're saying that we put a vulnerable friend in a terrible situation and essentially caused her to run away and never be heard from again?"

Post edited by BlooperReel on

Comments

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited November 2019

I don't think Chris should be a survivor, instead it should be Mike if anyone. Sam and Mike are the only two who are technically the main characters, as I don't think you can actually kill them until the end. That said, I think it would be super cool if the Entity took Hannah from AFTER she became a Wendigo and Beth from BEFORE Hannah ate her. Mike's also way more like an actual survivor than Chris.

• BlooperReel

I get it, when I was originally making up the survivors I was initially going to do Mike and someone. After watching it I realized I'd forgotten Chris, and I used him because he's my favorite, and had to decide between Mike and Sam. Ultimately I settled on Sam. I don't really see how anyone but Josh is the main character imo, but if we go by screen time I'd have to say Mike and then Chris/Ashley. I tried to base these perks off of them in the game (as best I could) and Mike and Chris just had a lot of similar traits, and wanting Chris, I decided to edge out Mike. The first write up had Motivated as one of Mike's perks.

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019

I just feel like if you used Chris you'd have to use Ashley, if you used Sam, you'd have to use Mike, as both fill the same slot as characters. I didn't really like Chris too much tbh(I CERTAINLY didn't like Ashley), but as far as "main characters", I feel like Sam and Mike, if not Hannah(Wendigo) and Beth, would be the better fit. Mainly because they are the only two who are forced to be alive for the majority of the game, making them the main two.

Josh didn't really feel like a main character to me either. You saw so little of him, aside from when he was masquerading as a killer. Sure, the entire story(assuming you find most of it) is about his mental issues, but if he were a main character, you'd expect him to have more screen time. Sam and Mike had the most screen time. Mike had the absolute most.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Their ability doesn't really help in a chase. Do you have some other ability for them to be able to make chases more interesting?

• Atrushan88

If I'm reading this right, any survivor in their line of sight is exposed, so I don't know if they'll need any help in a chase, as one hit will end it quickly enough.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, based on the way I read it, they have to be standing still to do that. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

Ahem

Hag is based on the wendigo.

Good night.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • BlooperReel

It's slightly more complex than that. If the Wendigo is standing still and sees a survivor for 4 continuous seconds, revealing them for say 5 seconds at 25 meters away, once the survivor breaks line of sight, Exposed begins counting down. At this point if the Wendigo sees them but is not standing still Exposed continues to count down. At this point you have to make the choice to continue pursuit or stand still to get it back up.

It's the best option to me that makes a half-descent and unique killer concept. As for the ending it quickly the decision to keep up or let Exposed drop helps survivors get away in some aspects. I'm open to any suggestions you might have to make this work better. I chose 5 meters based on how much stuff a survivor can hide behind in order to cause it to begin dropping. I figure some people might choose to stand still and watch a survivor long enough to get Exposed up enough but some survivors might get a move on once they see they've become Exposed.

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

Until dawn was a bad cheesy movie, but there are so many other cheesy horror flicks that id like to see before it.

Anyway i don't think the studio actually matters because of Sony, a company only slightly less protective than Nintendo when it comes to anything they own.

• AnxiousRecord77
    AnxiousRecord77 Member Posts: 12

I like them but Mike would probably be the survivor for no other reason then we actually know his last name.

• NikoHarper
    NikoHarper Member Posts: 34

Will be great but this will fail in map like The Game

• CL4P_TRAP_ER
    CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

I'm curious what the killer's terror radius and speed are.

Heat Vision is a not bad ability. However, this ability with Insidious would be extremely broken. You could camp a hooked survivor watch another walk in front of you expose them then insta down them. I'd make the expose part one of you add-ons. Too strong to have base kit. Without the expose part, it'd still be strong with Insidious.

Cannibal is the same as bloodhound. You can see blood highlighted as long as you can see them. Plus blood trails only last for 3 seconds. And the fact that you would be able to see blood trails through wall is too strong.

Mountain Walker is too strong. Range is too far, the time it goes off is too soon. Plus you wouldn't know which gen it is.

The Spirit of the Wendigo is also too strong. You could just use Surveillance which increase the hearing RANGE. The only time survivor would all be together would be fixing a gen which is loud enough. I'd adjust this so it's the range gets further not the sound getting louder. But still too strong.

The add-ons that increase lunge range are way too strong. The reason DBD made all killer lunge ranges the same was because having a longer lunge meant killers had the advantage way too often. Myer's has a long lunge in his Evil Within III because you had to work for it by getting through the other two tiers.

All the other add-ons are pretty good.

Hannah's Diary is too weak thou. Hannah's Glasses should be the one that gives the expose status effect instead of having it base kit.

Careful and Cautious is Lightweight and Technician put together. You can just use Lightweight instead and the quieter noise is strong but not overpowered. If the perk was 50%/60%/75% less noise then this would be a good perk.

Get a Move on is the most op of them all. Sorry but it is. Not the throw pallets faster part, the speed burst part. I'm assuming by haste you mean Hope's haste where it's only 5% more speed. Even then that's extremely strong. If it's sprint burst's speed then it's the most OP perk in the game.

Devs actually won't let Free Form Climbing to be a perk. The devs keep the vault distance the way it is because of fast vaults and slow vaults. With fast vaults, the killer can't hit the survivor afterwards. With slow vaults, they can for a brief moment. The devs made it this way to be more fair to killers.

I actually really love the idea of Mental breakdown. I like the idea of giving yourself benefits for other survivors dying. I'd change the first and third token effects because the first is the same as Solidarity and the third is too strong.

Motivated is actually the opposite of Thanatophobia so I'm okay with it. Thanatophobia would be an easy counter to it but still a decent perk.

Take this seriously is also a really good idea but the %'s are too low. Adjust them to something near 10% to 25%. P.S adjust the ranges to 20/26/32. The devs/players like when the numbers add up to 32. It's weird I know.

Overall you have some really good ideas here. I'm sorry I had to be harsh about some of the perks but some of them are a bit too strong. Just keep working on some of the perks and rework your killer ability a bit and you will have a really good chapter on your hands. Side note: I still really love Mental Breakdown and Take This Seriously so keep these perks around.

• BlooperReel

but...we do know Chris' last name...it's Hartley. If you search Chris Until Dawn the first line in the Until Dawn Wiki is "Christopher "Chris" Hartley..."

• BlooperReel

Alright, I'll update that probably later tonight and see what I can come up with.