The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DC Bans

Is anyone else worried about the upcoming DC bans? I don't DC intentionally too often. but I have the game lock up and DC me playing either side(have screens to prove it too). Then we have no choice but to DC when you get hit with the locker bug and can't get out and the killer opens it over and over but cant get the survivor out. Player has to DC. I still occassionally get stuck in terrain, being unable to move stuck on a tree root or other sharp corner object. Only way to get out of that is to get downed and picked up by the killer or healed. Getting hit by the killer you just stand in one spot.

IMO the dev needs to hold of on banning anyone for anything other than blatant cheating/threats until they can actually get their game in a better state. It's a terrible idea to ban anyone for something out of their control and not everyone has the capacity to record all their games(i do, not the point).

I mean, if you DC because you're the first sucker eating dirt then take your punishment. But otherwise, BHVR is going to need to hire another team just to look at games to make sure they aren't banning someone because of their own flawed design.

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I would also like more details on how the bans will be handed out. It's one thing to dc from a poor match, be it my or others fault, it's another when it's a hardware/software issue.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

bugs where ppl get stucked are super rare. i cant even remember when that happened to me. same with game crashes. if you have hardware issues then thats on you. im tired of ppl dcing and happy for this new system.

• ThanksgivingTitty
    ThanksgivingTitty Member Posts: 26

I have had plenty of games where it just crashes in the middle of it. Or when I get picked up it crashes, or a few where I have fallen through the world and bleed out, or even a few where I have fell and just keep sort of stuttering and falling and can't be picked up, and can not bleed.

They do not happen often, but they do happen. I would imagine that something like the first DC will be "FREE" and then the next will result in some penalty and increases from there.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

They won't ban if you get disconnected, how you know is when you get dc after game, check if you retained any bloodpoints, for a couple of days now i often get survivors all disconnect at the same time(not sure due to my connection or if they dc) if you constantly dc(leave game) then they will monitor your account

• Gopher
    Gopher Member Posts: 50

When I play survivor, I get DC'd from the game and get a rank update error. It happens 7/10 games. It's absolutely unplayable. It started back when Stranger Things patch released and hasn't been fixed yet. I won't be able to play survivor now because I will end up getting banned due to the completely inept devs. They need to start rethinking how they're are going to tackle this. Instead of banning, maybe give other survivors a safety pip if someone DC's or something.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Ok thats you. Everyone experiences things differently. Just because you don't deal with it, doesn't mean other people don't. I get stuck in terrain all the time. Now its an issue with rubberbanding and getting warped into place.

How do you know i have hardware issues? And how come every other game i play, it's just fine? If the issue is isolated to one game, its an issue with the game. Odds are its software related. Some games have bad reactions to certain graphics cards, etc. Not everything is so cut and dry. That's what i'm getting at. Unless your system is near perfect, banning people for problems the game itself is causing(besides toxicity ha-ha) is a reaaaaaaalllly bad idea.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

because majority of players dont have this problem like you have. otherwise the forum would be full of this and the game would die. even its not on you or your hardware its still YOUR problem when most of the ppl can play the game just fine. sorry mate.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Then it's going to die. You do realize only like, 10-20% of the game's pbase is on the forums? Yeah. If 100% of the games pbase was posting here, you would see so much more.