We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

How many people change survivor at 6 seconds?

Nunya_Nunyabiz
Nunya_Nunyabiz Member Posts: 30

How many people change survivor at 6 seconds? 58 votes

yep, stops toxic build
1%
arslaN 1 vote
No, that's toxic
67%
ScarecrowPuggyMohawkBossFoggyDownpourGibberishGamer00MiriamGPluTapeKnotJacoby2041ExerlinSteenGooierMiss_BritanniaTragicSolitudeAven_FallenTheRockstarKnightCJsDBDJawsIsTheNextKillerDuckApprovedxEa 39 votes
Sometimes, to give killer a surprise
31%
Spartagone45ScourgeDongusSblitcherAzurlynxtrevorj91GrootDudeBigbootiejudy666CyberianFauxrch614AwakeyBrucecastro81GarciaEnderloganYTnickoffordSlayer192845tiamodUberedSandvich 18 votes

Comments

• Nunya_Nunyabiz

For this I mean you equip another build on a survivor

say you go in the lobby with a level 1 survey then switch to a level 50 with a key or something.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,050
    No, that's toxic

... that doesn't discourage "toxic builds" on killers. It just encourages killers to dump the lobby/disconnect or to tunnel out the player who changed survivors at the last second.

Closest I've come to that is equipping a key first thing and then removing it at the last second to see if I could get a killer to run Franklin's or burn a mori. Don't think it ever worked, though.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,995

I don't. It's not that I consider it 'toxic' by itself, but I rarely have a reason to since I almost never bring in items.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited November 2019

I do sometimes if I'm worried about Franklin's Demise. I paid good bloodpoints for this item, I don't want it to be smacked out of my hand all game without getting a chance to use it.

I didn't pick an option in the poll, though, because I don't believe that any build the killer may use can be rightfully considered "toxic". Annoying, sure, but it's still just part of the game, whatever loadout they choose to bring.

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344
    No, that's toxic

I've never done this on purpose. There have been just a couple times where I dropped my controller and it switched, xD, but I was very unhappy about it since I only play Meg all the time anyway when I play survivor. That was back before they changed the button for switching characters to the toggle from R2/L2.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    No, that's toxic

I don't like that my answer says it's toxic, but i do have to say no, so yeah.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,013
    No, that's toxic

Not doing it, but I understand why people are doing it. It is just a result of Lobbydodging by Killers because of Cosmetics, Items or whatever...

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    edited November 2019

If I'm memeing around and we do like 4 bills or something. Not to be toxic, just in good nature.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I don't understand this question.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    No, that's toxic

Confused if you're asking if we do it OR if we see survivors doing it.

In both case it's a no for me, I never do it because it's really scummy to do and it rarely ever happened to me when i played killer, on top of my head it happened like once during a rank reset.

• Nunya_Nunyabiz
    edited November 2019

I see most people don't do it, that's great. In the question I'm asking if people are purposefully change survs at the last moment to equip their full build. Because there is a quick change button most survs I go against just change too a Claudette with a key. Also sorry for me phrasing as 'toxic' it's just when I see it I just think "you're just trying my nerves right?"

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

*sometimes, because wrong character is selected

I don't like to do it to "surprise the killer" so I think it's silly you added that specifier to the option, and didn't add other " sometimes" reasons.

I typically don't. like 95% of the time. But never to throw off the killer, the killer SHOULD have the advantage

• Sblitcher
    Sblitcher Member Posts: 35

I mostly do that because Franklin's Demise causes me to be paranoid. That's it.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    yep, stops toxic build

If I actually want to use a flashlight for once without the killer bringing a mori or switching to spirit then yes, I do.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    No, that's toxic

So many killers with loose Ethernet cables! It's like 4 people performing the old switcheroo at once makes it jump out all by itself!

• Byrd
    Byrd Member Posts: 47
    No, that's toxic

I wouldn't do it myself because i'd get mega tunneled xD

• tiamod
    tiamod Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2019

Only when I have a key so they don’t throw on a Mori 😶

But like 60% of the time they have one on anyway so 🤷🏻‍♂️

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    No, that's toxic

No, but not because is toxic whatsoever, but because it's been a while since 2017.

• Nunya_Nunyabiz

OK I see some problems/mishaps I made... I used "toxic" to be honest at the time of making this post I was annoyed that this happened 3 times in a row really should've put something like "forgot my regular build" which some of you pointed out.

I also didn't include many options but having a wide variety is hard to compare results to my experience hopefully I'm forgiven for that.

And my final sin(the one I'm plauged by in real life and text) I am super unclear yeah I know can't do much bout that...

• Nunya_Nunyabiz

Huh... This literally just happened in a video that Otz uploaded and you guys are right it promotes tunneling

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t like getting dodged for using an item.