Why does Devs support basement insidous camping?

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

I usually am not against the Rift or Tome that much, they are just abit too bad rewarded but overall cool and nice for the game for my opinion. But This one challange where you have to hook 15 survivors in a basement or a second survivor while someone is with monstreous shrine already in the basement, obviously this challange is for basementcamp made, you dont really need insidious but I saw alot of leatherfaces with this for those challanges. You cant blame those killers that much because they are forced to play this for this challange, but I question myself why does the Devs support such unfun gameplay?

They are trying to make anti camping and tunneling perks and say it is a strategy even if its UNFUN and FRUSTRATING but they do challenges that REQUIERE this? I never saw something that hypocrite and controversal in my life xD

*Edit: I am not saying that I have problems doing these challanges and asking for advice, I mean it is just dumb that the challanges promote toixc or unfun mechanics "Camping, Tunneling, Moris etc".

Post edited by BenZ0 on

Comments

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

My fiance did both while using Trapper without Insidious. They weren't even that hard and he didn't even camp.

• BenZ0
    Options

@GodDamn_Angela

I didnt say they are hard or you requiere to play leatherface, but fact, ALOT of killers do it with him and those perks because they think it is the easiest and best way to do it like that.

• SaltySwag
    SaltySwag Member Posts: 140
    Options

I used Eternal Teir 2 Myers with Dead Rabbit, and M&A, Monster Shrine, Aggitation, and NOED.

Did a bit of camping, at first, still only got like two, but was interesting.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

I did it with him because he was my only killer with monstrous shrine unlocked. XD

• Hunter_Joe
    Hunter_Joe Member Posts: 8
    Options

Also the meat hooks, the basement, and leather face are all a throwback to the Texas chainsaw massacre original. For the horror nerds out there

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I just faked to be friendly, grabbed the unhooker and then walked away.

• BenZ0
    Options

@Boss

Yeah I would like to see more like this, like not completly facecamping or camping above the basement and waiting till someone comes. I saw some ppl that got camped until death on first hook, felt kinda bad for these survivors.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

They don't support it. It's a strategy that people use that's good at winning vs uncoordinated and altruistic survivors. It's the good way for the killer to utterly lose and the only way the killer wins is if you ######### on hook so he can camp someone else.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    edited December 2019
    Options

I agree with OP in that the challenges should really promote optimal play style. Example, hook each Survivor at least one time before anyone is sacrificed to The Entity. Hook or Chase The Rescuer after they've saved someone. Even the Survivor ones, I'm not a big fan of the Spine Chill one and I believe you can't be hit at all and Escape? That just encourages extreme immersion. On paper it sounds like a skillful Endeavor but in reality people are just going to hide the entire time until the exit gate is open. Oh here's another, protect a recently rescued Survivor by taking a hit. Sacrifice yourself at least once so someone else may live. You guys get the idea, maybe they're stupid I don't know I'm just thinking this randomly. The challenges should promote altruism and some skill but not tunneling and camping and being selfish.

• BenZ0
    Options

@Nicholas

Exactly thats what I mean! But maybe they learned this from this Tome and will add nice and healthy challanges to the upcoming second Tome.

• DougDimmadome
    DougDimmadome Member Posts: 4
    Options

I got this by just hooking one survivor in the basement with monstrous shrine. Idk if this happened to anyone else but it happened on PS4.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I just used Pig with Agitation, and that was basically all I needed :P No camp at all.

• BenZ0
    Options

@anarchy753

Yeah but the majority of the ppl dont do that^^

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

I did both as Trapper without Insid. Just bring Iron Grasp and Agi. They are not getting away.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

The monstrous shrine challenge is easy with agi/iron grasp trapper. I did it in the first game and i had so much fun. I hooked Jeff in basement shack, i trapped the window and the main entrance. I walked away and 20 seconds later boooom, Kate Denson trapped. Monstrous shrine completed. Also the 15 basement hooks was easy. C mon guys. It took 3 or 4 games. Some other challenges are stupid, yes.

• BenZ0
    Options

@xenofon13

You should read again the post, I didnt mention at all how "hard" the challange is or that I have problems completing it...

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

I would argue that the challenges should not dictate how you play. The current challenges tell you to reach a goal, not how. Your challenges would force a killer or survivor to play a sertant way.

Don't want to unhook near the killer? Then you wont get the protection hit challenge.

Want to eliminate the hurt nea infront of you? Not until you found the emersed cloudete.

And those challenges aren't even save.

How do you ensure you get the unhooker? You camp with lether or ghostface or whatever you fancy.

How do you ensure you get the protection hit? You unhook with the killer right behind you.

You get my point the challenges you propose would force the player to play a sertant way while also not solving the problem.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The devs aren't supporting any particular build or playstyle. The only thing they "support", if you want to call it that, is hooking people in the basement using Monstrous Shrine. And there's nothing at all wrong with that.

Yes, some people are using camping builds to complete the challenge. Many others, myself included, are not. Whether or not camping is even a bad thing is a completely separate discussion, so I won't go into it now, but my point is there are many ways to complete that challenge. It doesn't force anyone to do anything. So the fact that some people are using optimal and perhaps unfun tactics for it is the responsibility of those particular players, not the developers.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    Options

Why nerf bubba if that’s one of his potential playstyles? There are plenty of ways around it.

• Papamodzz
    Papamodzz Member Posts: 57
    Options

Probably cause its easier to do that way sadly and leather face usually win the camping game but yeah kinda dumb

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I got it with Wraith without camping. And it was fun because i had never actually tried to herd survivors towards one side of the map. It took until the last 2 survivors before i got it but I played fair and was rewarded with a new strategy.

People just want to fly through these challenges the easiest way they can. That to me isn't fun. But to each their own.

• BenZ0
    Options

@Papamodzz

yeah...

• Rex_Honeycut
    Rex_Honeycut Member Posts: 102
    Options

I think that this is particular to the player. I got this achievement with trapper and without camping. Sure, insidious camping can get you the achievement faster but it can't be that fun for the killer and they know it. If that style of gameplay is considered "fun" for someone by draining the fun of the game from everyone else then I pity that person, not let their behavior get to me.

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378
    Options

I used my wraith for this. Put on my a build to carry survivors to the basement and when I needed monstrous shrine I just took my 4th perk slot out for it (which was bbq)

• fozzy_ozborn
    fozzy_ozborn Member Posts: 48
    Options

Did it with Trapper

Always left but trapped it up nicely

Shitty thing is my last game in this challenge at the end of it. I completed the map and the refreshed challenges came out. Now I have to redo the challenges to get 5 more. Sucks I don't get and gave to do it again

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431
    Options

i think because it’s easy to counter. if you notice the killer in the basement camping, just do gens. you CANT be banned for camping so the best way to punish is to make sure the killer doesn’t get anymore kills 🤷🏼‍♂️

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

It's great that we have many different killers and they can play in many ways. Camping is one of them. I see no problem here. If a killer camp then do gens.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

The basement is only a good time for killer if survivors decide to go near or into it. Killer being in basement with insideous provides him with no positive outcome other than the hope the other survivors will all do gens and escape.

The answer to the problem is to simply continue as you would and not waste time going for the save. Jump on a dangerous gen which denies the 3 gen while it's an easy one to get.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

Killers tend to hurt themselves more by camping like that unless the survivors are just really altruistic, so if survivors would rather risk getting hooked instead of doing gens it's on them.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

It's common to use Challenges or Bounties to promote play styles or introduce new things into the meta. These things often involve playing in ways you normally don't, using items and perks you may not otherwise and doing things differently to achieve the stated goal. Perhaps I was too specific on that example, instead of Chasing the rescuer, maybe chase anyone but the newly unhooked Survivor.

My point is the Challenges are already pretty specific or suggestive, so why not create more interesting ones that change things up? I would rather see an Altruistic challenge (Safely Unhook a Survivor during EGC while in The Killer's TR - this could involve a highly altruistic build with BT, Babysitter) versus a selfish one where you escape without ever being Hooked. The former seems way more exciting and could expose people to the idea of being more daring and altruistic during EGC.