The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

We need to talk about Leatherface

Leatherface is one of the most killers that require little to no skill, this is not from "salt" this is from a lot of experience that was put into the game. Most people that play leatherface chainsaw spams, basically nonstop chainsaw survivors and almost never use their mallet. Sure some will not spam, but lets be honest, only 1% will do that. I understand people will be sorta not happy about this claiming that he takes alot more skill about a killer. If you do I want proof and claims, And not just a sentence. Again I am not salty or mad, just showing a fact that a killer does not take much skill and people a lot of people are ego-inflated and just say that we are "salty" we may be a little but its for a good reason.

Comments

• CryoHooked
    CryoHooked Member Posts: 19

This is also mostly talking about the toxic people sorta, meaning someone made a actually a good job at making a point and people called him salty.

• CryoHooked
    edited August 2018

This is also mostly talking about the toxic people sorta, meaning somoe> @Grey87 said:

Oh yes, you are salty.
    Leatherface is not the only one that requires no skill.
    And even if he is an easy killer to play, then what does it matter? Billy isn't that hard to play either and is far superior.

I don't get the point of this thread. All I see is someone who say's how LF doesn't require skill to play which can be seen as someone being salty after getting rekt by one.

Im apparently being salty by proving a point. Btw We are talking about leatherface right now, not Hillbilly

• Facefullofleather
    Facefullofleather Member Posts: 17
    I would say it all depends on rank or at least the skill of both parties. At low ranks leatherface crushes as long as you can get the chainsaw hits or basement hooks. But higher ranks he just gets looped and ran around and mostly only gets good opportunities to saw up pallets. If you can't use the chainsaw effectively he's just an m1 killer. Also most chainsaw spammers pay for it by hitting objects a lot in my experience. 
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

I don't get why you made the thread when one is already going

• CryoHooked

@Zanfer said:

I made one sorta explaining it but the other person got mad LF mains calling him salty and mad.

• Zanfer

@CryoHooked said:

@Zanfer said:

I made one sorta explaining it but the other person got mad LF mains calling him salty and mad.

Oh well Leatherface is a pretty weak killer so I don't know why you are complaining about him..

• CryoHooked

@Zanfer said:

@CryoHooked said:

@Zanfer said:

Oh well Leatherface is a pretty weak killer so I don't know why you are complaining about him..

Just because someone is weak does not mean he isn't broken..

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

A good Leatherface doesn't spam his chainsaw. Actually part to play well as him is, to know when to use it or the mallet. Or even wait for a better oportunity to use it. Etc. Yes, he might be missing a little bit variety in his playstyle compared to other killers, it still requires some tactical decisions to use him well.

The only killer ability I would argue that takes no skill/tactical thinking is Freddy's, because there is no choice when to use it or not. You have to be able to interact with survivors. That's why I hope they manage to rework his base kit, to be more tactical.

• Zanfer

@CryoHooked said:

@Zanfer said:

@CryoHooked said:

@Zanfer said:

Just because someone is weak does not mean he isn't broken..

what makes him broken? He is an m1 killer if you keep your distance. He is tall you can see him coming from a big distance away. Just stay away from the basement. His mind game potential is worst than other killers like hag, pig, freddy, anyone who is short. His power only helps break pallets better with the right addons. The only thing that he is really strong at is basement hook and end game hooks

• CryoHooked

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:
    Most people that play leatherface chainsaw spams, basically nonstop chainsaw survivors and almost never use their mallet. Sure some will not spam, but lets be honest, only 1% will do that.

So you're saying a killer shouldn't use his power?
    Did I read that correctly?

Not at all but what i am saying is that most of the LF mains are just spammers.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

This thread is dumb

• CryoHooked

@Shipthebread said:
    This thread is dumb

Then Why did you read this?

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Somebody is so mad that they go and copy paste a already made lol

I sense a Face camping leather Face lol
  • CryoHooked

@feffrey said:
    Somebody is so mad that they go and copy paste a already made lol

I sense a Face camping leather Face lol

Apparently Someone Did Not Read Anything In The Comments And The post.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited August 2018
    leatherface is absolute garbage dude, just loop the fat moron into oblivion and laugh in his stupid fat face as you gen rush him 
    If he chainsaws you thats your own damn fault
  • yeet

A good Leatherface doesn't spam his chainsaw. Actually part to play well as him is, to know when to use it or the mallet. Or even wait for a better oportunity to use it. Etc. Yes, he might be missing a little bit variety in his playstyle compared to other killers, it still requires some tactical decisions to use him well.

The only killer ability I would argue that takes no skill/tactical thinking is Freddy's, because there is no choice when to use it or not. You have to be able to interact with survivors. That's why I hope they manage to rework his base kit, to be more tactical.

Freddy is one of the most difficult killers to play effectively.
    He's deceptively complex and if you're just sleeping and chasing one person at a time you're playing him wrong, he's all about juggling multiple targets and being unpredictable.
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@yeet said:
    He's deceptively complex and if you're just sleeping and chasing one person at a time you're playing him wrong, he's all about juggling multiple targets and being unpredictable.

I play him more complex with switching targets and sleeping more than one survivor, if possible. But still playing him feels like. "I see a survivor, that isn't sleeping. Should sleep him." There are rare cases, where the choice to sleep a survivor feels like there is a thought process behind it. And all his other abilitys around the dreamworld are just passive. With Wraith, I can bait survivors with my uncloaking e.g. Or use it for mobility etc. Even Leatherface can bait with his chainsaw sometimes etc.
    Freddy on the other hand might be able to use his aura seeing within chases, but it really feels more like basic chase tactics. Not like you are directional using his ability to control the game. More like how to play with it, because it kinda hinders you.

• yeet

@yeet said:

I play him more complex with switching targets and sleeping more than one survivor, if possible. But still playing him feels like. "I see a survivor, that isn't sleeping. Should sleep him." There are rare cases, where the choice to sleep a survivor feels like there is a thought process behind it. And all his other abilitys around the dreamworld are just passive. With Wraith, I can bait survivors with my uncloaking e.g. Or use it for mobility etc. Even Leatherface can bait with his chainsaw sometimes etc.
    Freddy on the other hand might be able to use his aura seeing within chases, but it really feels more like basic chase tactics. Not like you are directional using his ability to control the game. More like how to play with it, because it kinda hinders you.

Using the auras to come from unexpected angles is super important on him
    but he will always be hindered by his own power tbh
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@CryoHooked said:

@Shipthebread said:
    This thread is dumb

Then Why did you read this?

Who says I did?

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@CryoHooked said:
    Leatherface is one of the most killers that require little to no skill, this is not from "salt" this is from a lot of experience that was put into the game. Most people that play leatherface chainsaw spams, basically nonstop chainsaw survivors and almost never use their mallet. Sure some will not spam, but lets be honest, only 1% will do that. I understand people will be sorta not happy about this claiming that he takes alot more skill about a killer. If you do I want proof and claims, And not just a sentence. Again I am not salty or mad, just showing a fact that a killer does not take much skill and people a lot of people are ego-inflated and just say that we are "salty" we may be a little but its for a good reason.

Sounds like you should Git Gud.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Me smell nooobz

• CryoHooked

sigh This is kinda depressing.

• feffrey

Any leather Face player is depressed because they can't get any kills
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

@feffrey said:
    CryoHooked said:

That's why we bring Insidious.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

In defense of all Leatherfaces i have to break a lance.
    If Leatherface plays fair and doesn´t instantly mori someone (even tho he can), the survivors will then call the game EZ and boring. So it´s no surprise that they don´t get any mercy in a future game. A viscious circle indeed.

Oh and Leatherface is Mid tier at best. I like playing him, but he´s far from OP. Asking him to not use his power is ridiculous. Why play Leatherface then? Why not someone else who has a better power?

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    Vortexas said:

@feffrey said:
    CryoHooked said:

That's why we bring Insidious.

Boi don't say we because I don't I'm fair because I play both survivor and killer
  • Unit
    feffrey said:

I 4k almost every game without camping or tunneling thank you very much.
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited August 2018

@Unit said:

Well, you know, pretty much everything works against Rank 21 potatoes.

• Unit
    Acromio said:

@Unit said:

Well, you know, pretty much everything works against Rank 21 potatoes.

Well, I know, that I'm rank 6 my good sir
  • CryoHooked

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

My only issue with LF is his chainsaw's hitbox swinging through corners and doorframes as well as other waist level debris. Blame it on lag maybe? I don't know. Half the killers ive seen playing are hosting with potato pcs and trash Walmart WIFI.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

What the hell is even a chainsaw spam?!? It's his ability (which in most of the cases sucks), he is supposed to use it.

• Facefullofleather
    Facefullofleather Member Posts: 17
    At least LF got a really good mori. Otherwise he got less love from the devs than any other killer. :(
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Bruh.... hes known as campface for a reason..... hes a ######### killer that needs a lot of TLC.. the chainsaw is utter garbage and the punish that he has when he runs into things is far to punishing since he lacks so much power....
  • tronixton
    tronixton Member Posts: 15
    Leatherface is simple. That's what his kit is. He doesnt have any mobility or map control created by his power, but he excels at punishing altruistic survivors. The power is risky anywhere there is geometry to block it, but overall it's a strong ability to swing chases and games. Is he anywhere near as difficult as the nurse? No, but he  has strengths and weaknesses to think about and plan around.
  • Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    How is LF simultaneously a bottom tier killer and requires no skill to kill people? Like wut?
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Having an easy to use character with good power is basic game design 101.

Leatherface is indeed easy and less-skilled to use, but he is far from the best character in the game. And this is not a bad thing. Indeed, this is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

I played LF when I first started the game. I'm not gonna lie, I was wrecking people in the 15-20 bracket. Then I hit 15/14 and people started looping me like crazy. He's a lot like Billy IMO but he trades mobility for power. I'm not that great at this game, but I've been around survivors that you can just not hit with the chainsaw because they know maps so well. So then you have to use your mallet and LF isn't nearly as strong.

My issue with LF is he's just sooo slow. If you're not good at finding survivors, you walk your chubby butt around the entire map and 3 generators are even done before you hook your first survivor. Billy is so much better, after my first chainsaw sprint from an abandoned generator to a generator that survivors were working on and instantly killing someone, I never went back to LF. I can understand the frustration of you and a couple teammates being mowed down, but if you were playing against LF, why were you grouped up to give him that advantage?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

@yeet said:

The issue is he has nothing for the chase... his power is incredibly weak and hinders him so much... 
  • Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@Unit said:

Let's be honest here the only killer that requires "skill" is the Nurse.

I stopped reading here.
    I don't really have any comment arguing against this but you know...
    Sometimes you just have to make useless comments ;D

Should I upload vids of me getting 4k everygame as the Nurse?
    I'll make it look easy! :3

I'm not trying to brag.
    Seriously!

Just asking if I should be uploading actual content*

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

He is literally one of the worst killers in the game, if Freddy and Wraith get proper buffs then he WILL be worst killer in the game.

• Crusher
    Crusher Member Posts: 45

Generator RUSH does not require skill either... Just saying... Also SWF does not require skill either because they imba and got a voice com to own any killer... Ops...

• Glebu
    Glebu Member Posts: 56
    Looks like someone died in the basement
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Having an easy to use character with good power is basic game design 101.

Leatherface is indeed easy and less-skilled to use, but he is far from the best character in the game. And this is not a bad thing. Indeed, this is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w

This is totally true but in this way they are forcing killers to use 1-2 killers like nurse and billy. Also, If they are going to create a killer that is easy and a little bit lackluster, I feel like they should have done that with their own original killers. Leatherface is an icon and he should have been much more powerful. He is my favorite killer and I really am sad to see him being an ultimate camper in this game.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:
    Most people that play leatherface chainsaw spams, basically nonstop chainsaw survivors and almost never use their mallet. Sure some will not spam, but lets be honest, only 1% will do that.

Yeah I hate when
    Nurse mains spam blinks
    Hag mains spam traps
    Amanda mains spam rbts and the ambush
    Or when Myers mains spam stalk

How dare Killers use their powers those unskilled broken noobs.

Now back in the world of people with common sense. Stop whining about a Killer using their powers when it's the most viable. That's just as stupid as a killer whining about how survivors keep dropping pallets and vaulting during a chase 

• feffrey

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:

Yeah I hate when
    Nurse mains spam blinks
    Hag mains spam traps
    Amanda mains spam rbts and the ambush
    Or when Myers mains spam stalk

How dare Killers use their powers those unskilled broken noobs.

Now back in the world of people with common sense. Stop whining about a Killer using their powers when it's the most viable. That's just as stupid as a killer whining about how survivors keep dropping pallets and vaulting during a chase 

The only difference is that those other killers skills require actual skill unlike

This Junkie of a killer who onky has to Rev up the chainsaw for a free instant kill