The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

We need to talk about Leatherface

2»

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    feffrey said:

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:
    Most people that play leatherface chainsaw spams, basically nonstop chainsaw survivors and almost never use their mallet. Sure some will not spam, but lets be honest, only 1% will do that.

So you're saying a killer shouldn't use his power?
    Did I read that correctly?

Not at all but what i am saying is that most of the LF mains are just spammers.

Yeah I hate when
    Nurse mains spam blinks
    Hag mains spam traps
    Amanda mains spam rbts and the ambush
    Or when Myers mains spam stalk

How dare Killers use their powers those unskilled broken noobs.

Now back in the world of people with common sense. Stop whining about a Killer using their powers when it's the most viable. That's just as stupid as a killer whining about how survivors keep dropping pallets and vaulting during a chase 

The only difference is that those other killers skills require actual skill unlike

This Junkie of a killer who onky has to Rev up the chainsaw for a free instant kill
    Yes because it requires some much skill to hold down a button when someone is in you line of sight no offence to Myers main but stalking doesn't require skill and as an Amanda main I can tell you placing a rbt on someone requires as much skill as turning on a kettle.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the person who couldn't tell the difference between countering an item and countering a killer or see how fundamentally broken it would be if survivors could see the Killer and how very little impact seeing an item as a Killers actually going to do.

Yeah something tells me your opinion on whether something is fair or balanced in Dead by daylight is about as useful as a fish's opinion on climbing a tree.
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    feffrey said:

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:
    Most people that play leatherface chainsaw spams, basically nonstop chainsaw survivors and almost never use their mallet. Sure some will not spam, but lets be honest, only 1% will do that.

Yeah I hate when
    Nurse mains spam blinks
    Hag mains spam traps

Now back in the world of people with common sense. Stop whining about a Killer using their powers when it's the most viable. That's just as stupid as a killer whining about how survivors keep dropping pallets and vaulting during a chase 

The only difference is that those other killers skills require actual skill unlike

This Junkie of a killer who onky has to Rev up the chainsaw for a free instant kill
    Yes because it requires some much skill to hold down a button when someone is in you line of sight no offence to Myers main but stalking doesn't require skill and as an Amanda main I can tell you placing a rbt on someone requires as much skill as turning on a kettle.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the person who couldn't tell the difference between countering an item and countering a killer or see how fundamentally broken it would be if survivors could see the Killer and how very little impact seeing an item as a Killers actually going to do.

Yeah something tells me your opinion on whether something is fair or balanced in Dead by daylight is about as useful as a fish's opinion on climbing a tree.
    Placing The RBT and forcing them to go off on a player indeed takes skill in map knowledge and putting pressure on them to make a move.
    She has a add on that hides her machines so the survivor has to take more time locating it.

The nurse Blink ability takes a lot of skill in Timing and predicting the survivors movements

Michaels Stalk ability takes time and sacrifice if the survivors know what they're doing. 

Countering a killer vs countering a item is fair if the killer is decent he has nothing to worry about...

Leather face on other hand presses his ability instant kills a survivor and destroys a pallet at no cost
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    feffrey said:

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:

Yeah I hate when
    Nurse mains spam blinks
    Hag mains spam traps

Placing The RBT and forcing them to go off on a player indeed takes skill in map knowledge and putting pressure on them to make a move.
    She has a add on that hides her machines so the survivor has to take more time locating it.

The nurse Blink ability takes a lot of skill in Timing and predicting the survivors movements

Michaels Stalk ability takes time and sacrifice if the survivors know what they're doing. 

Countering a killer vs countering a item is fair if the killer is decent he has nothing to worry about...

Leather face on other hand presses his ability instant kills a survivor and destroys a pallet at no cost
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@feffrey said:
    Aari_Piggy66 said:

feffrey said:

Aari_Piggy66 said:

CryoHooked said:

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:

Yeah I hate when
    Nurse mains spam blinks
    Hag mains spam traps

Leatherface can only chainsaw at EXTREMELY close range and even then there are risks like bumping into something which, if he does, punishes him severely. He also moves slower while he is revving up the chainsaw so he loses some distance on survivors which is quite big for him. His acceleration mechanic is awful and actually makes him go slower for most of his chainsaw sprint rather than faster. His add-ons are mostly useless for him and are just Hillbilly add-ons. He also has no mind game potential around loops and is one of the easiest killers to loop in the game.

So I disagree with this claim that he has an ability that has no cost.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    feffrey said:
    feffrey said:

@Dragonredking said:

@CryoHooked said:

Yeah I hate when
    Nurse mains spam blinks
    Hag mains spam traps

Placing an rtb takes no skill or map knowledge. The pressure comes from the trap and nothing else all you did was tap a button over a downed survivor. That's not skill nor does it require map knowledge. As you mention there is an add-on that does more of the work for you without any additional input.

Michael wasted time and counters don't mean his stalking takes skill do you know what skill mean.

You're only valid point was the nurse

Once again a Killer's power determines game play and play style whilst a survivor's item does not. If you can't understand that then you clearly don't know about balance.

However you did prove me wrong. your opinion on whether something is fair or balanced in Dead by daylight is far less useful than a fish's opinion on climbing a tree.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@IronWolf115 said:
    He is literally one of the worst killers in the game, if Freddy and Wraith get proper buffs then he WILL be worst killer in the game.

I wouldn´t bet money on it. Devs managed to pull the Wraith Cube and make him weaker than before.
    They also think it´s a good idea to buff BL by reducing the speed bonus.
    So handle those buff concepts with care.

• IronWolf115

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:
    He is literally one of the worst killers in the game, if Freddy and Wraith get proper buffs then he WILL be worst killer in the game.

I wouldn´t bet money on it. Devs managed to pull the Wraith Cube and make him weaker than before.

If LF gets Hag treatment though that would be a good thing. But yes I agree with you, I have very little hope for proper LF buffs.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@IronWolf115 said:

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

If LF gets Hag treatment though that would be a good thing. But yes I agree with you, I have very little hope for proper LF buffs.

You mean like this?
    https://clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticRichDiscTheThing

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

What he wants to say... is if you down someone by the basement with Leatherface...

It isn't allowed that LF puts anyone in the basement...

Listen. If you get hooked in the basement by LF, expect to be camped. That's how it works. The basement is the worst place to be in.

If I hook anyone in the basement with LF, they are not getting out. It's that simple.

• IronWolf115

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

You mean like this?
    https://clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticRichDiscTheThing

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

LEATHERBOIIIIIIII!

Kidding aside I really want LF buffs. I love him as an icon so it saddens me to see him reduced to this.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    i think LF is ok