The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is anyone else getting bored?

TangledNoodles
TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

There's times where I have taken a break from playing and then come back but it's reaching a point where I just don't really feel like playing anymore. I mainly play survivor and I feel like it would be nice if another objective would be added or a different game mode.

Yeah we get new chapters but quite frankly it's more entertaining for killer mains because killers are actually play different, but survivors are essentially the same person just different perks. We (whoever mains survivor) usually get 2 ######### perks and 1 decent one that would later get nerfed so it's like... why am I buying this chapter again? lol

Anyone else got some input or feels similar?

EDIT: I have been playing for a while I have about 3.5k hours and I tried a couple of things to spice things up. Maybe when the new chapter comes out I'll get into the groove again lol.

Post edited by TangledNoodles on

Comments

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

change your build and playstyle. do some wacky challenges. Have you tried no mend legion? Never mend against a legion. Do pallet toss against Huntress. Do hide and seek with Pig and yeet into random lockers to distract.

• ygnea
    ygnea Member Posts: 116

Try new builds, and try playing the other side.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I mostly play killer i haven't been bored yet. I sometimes take breaks to play another game while waiting for a patch thats coming soon though.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,947

whenever I play survivor it gets boring so I move to killer but then that's hard as hell because of frame issues on console and also great sensitivity

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I feel that. I got bored a while back after Ghostface released, but the Stranger Things Chapter brought me back. Started feeling that way again but they brought in the Archives. Now I've been balancing DBD and ARK, but DBD will take up most of my time now, definitely going to git gud with Oni.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I get that feeling too. I have taken breaks from this game either from toxic behavior of messages or from just being bored. To stop this feeling, personally I play different games like Apex Legends, replay Resident Evil 2, Code Vein and Dead Island or watch Youtube. Just to refresh myself.

I try different builds, something different from how i usually play either a complete stealth, bold or random build. Like a random perk generator to spice things up.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Is there a difference between no mend Legion and infinite mend Legion? Because using the latter is a bannable offence, so I wouldn't recommend it to people.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

Tbh i would like to play more survivor games but the lobby waiting time is too long thats why i go with killer games, if you're bored try prestiging all characters or unlocking as many achievements as you can if you already have not done so

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

I’m right there too. I feel like I’ve been playing this game too long, so I recently took a dive into Modern Warfare (a completely different type of game) and I actually really like it. I haven’t played DBD in almost 2 weeks!

I do notice there are a lot of similarities in the games when it comes to marketing, charms, season pass, challenges that must be completed by the time the pass closes, etc.

This kinda gives me an idea of what the games intentions are as of right now.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I honestly find Survivor one of the most boring and tedious experiences in a game (at least in recent memory) so maybe try some Killer out?

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

No mend legion 😂, so you want survivors to challenge themselves by survive via slugging? I'm gonna take a wild guess that you actually meant no cleanse plaque😅

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I get burnt out anytime I fight constant gen rushers or toxic survivors, but I usually take a few hours break. I do find the whole "5 gens then get too an exit gate" incredibly boring nowadays, but that's why I play every killer, too keep the gameplay spicey and alive.

• Fibijean

You do realise my comment was advocating against no mend Legion?

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Funnily enough i feel the same way when you get matched against endless toxic SWF groups.

• FruityMemes
    FruityMemes Member Posts: 55

The game is not in a very good state imo solo queue surviving is literally terrible at any rank relying on randoms never ends well. Swf gets ######### for existing too. But killers have it bad too with some annoying swf teams and impossibly long queue times I haven't played killer in forever because It takes so long I lose interest. They def need multiple objectives to make the game more interesting for both sides

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172

I feel that way because 9.9/10 killers run ruin + bbqc every single match. I thought this game was supposed to have variety and be different from F13 but I guess not

• TangledNoodles

I've been playing the game for a couple of years now, I haven't been playing much recently so it's not that I've been playing it too much. I've tried killer I got a decent amount of good killer teachables, I've tried meme builds and challenges on survivor and killer.

Maybe it's time to take a long break and try to find something else to play, and see what it's like when I come back.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

I’ve been saying this the whole time but BHVR needs to add in new objectives.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited December 2019

Well I'm not buying any more premium passes but that is mainly due to the amount of play-time needed to get a proper return on investment.

After purchase, it feels like you are compelled by a certain pressure to continue grinding, getting those challenges done, unlocking those useless knick-knacks...but for me I can happy go without it all.

The game is alright...in small doses.

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126

It just sounds like you're getting bored of playing the same role. I play Killer and Survivor (Killer 60%, Survivor 40%), and still love the game. I began playing in June of this year, and I've never gotten bored of it, since I can always switch it up. I, however, prefer playing Killer, and it makes sense why more people prefer playing that role; more interesting, and a lot more interactive, since all Killers have their own unique abilities, and attributes in some cases, while Survivors are pretty much skins, with maybe a good perk or two, that don't even make it into the meta. I'd say that as of right now, Survivor mains are getting bored of the game, while players like Otz and Scott continue to play the game, since they play Killer. Killer I believe is more difficult than Survivor, and Killer is so much more fun to play, and is so much more interesting. Switch it up, I'd say.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

I take long breaks from the game and it's really refreshing and enjoyable when I come back, maybe you should try.

Rn I'm enjoying the game a lot.

• jtechR1
    jtechR1 Member Posts: 33

been playing for a about a year now and its never boring but i hear you....like everyone says gotta take breaks i dont get bored or expect the game to give me something new every month. I see it as a challenge every match....it might be the same maps...but its not the same players every time playing online....? you get crappy survivors/killers....its what you can do with what you got in the match.....enjoy it and just keep getting better every time you play. I play every time i get a chance and i just have fun knowing its like a movie every match that you are in. Spectating also helps to learn.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'm a survivor main, too and I would love to have another objective besides sitting on gens. I also play killer but when I really need a change, I play a different video game. Happens more often now than one year ago.

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

I play both. It gets boring for me on both sides. New killers help my addiction stay, but I agree. It’s time we something completely new to the game. Not challenges, not odd secondary objectives through the events, not double Bp, not new cosmetics, or a new dlc... we need a new game mode. It doesn’t have to be majorly different from the game as is now. Maybe like a timer gameplay. You have a certain amount of time you have to survive/kill until the gates are able to be opened. The longer you stay alive, the more bp you get. You could even have a single player game mode that gives you an automatic half of the maximum bp you can get from a normal game (32k). It will also give you some xp. It is just a way for survivors to practice looping. It’s a 1v1 chase between a survivor and killer. All they do is get into a chase on a normal map and it is timed. When the survivor is downed another round will start. There would be like 3 rounds. That’s off the top of my head but it would help keeps things interesting

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I know that I am biased. But after 900 hours of play (not including playtests at work, which are on a seperate account), I'm not bored. I always find some new situation or some weird thing happens to keep it fresh.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

I get bored of chasing Survivors up stairs so I just stopped doing that. Umm...I can't think of anything else, though. Playing Killer only is a joy.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited December 2019

If you are tired play something else for a week, try Civilization or something for a refreshing change.

Post edited by rd_dex on
  • GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I'm in the same boat. I play both. Usually hit rank 1 with both sides. But have always considered myself a killer main. I take long breaks. I go away for three months, come back, pick it up. Play for a month or two and then have to take another break again. I've never seen a problem with that.

Lately I've preferred survivor. But for whatever reason the game went from killers sitting in long queues to survivors sitting in long queues. Which is kinda weird. But it makes me not want to play survivor. Kinda weird to sit in queue for 50 seconds and get 1 hooked every game because I play solo always.

Think I'm about to take another break. Oni comes out tomorrow. So maybe that'll catch some interest. But it's surprising that in three years there haven't been any changes to the game. Everything's the same. Windows and pallets. You would've thought by now they would've come out with something else to make it different. But new killer, new survivor, new map. That's what they offer. Games still pretty good. Just gets boring.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Nope. I just play on and off. Was playing Pokemon all last week. Still kind of am but am also playing DBD. Playing too much I do get bored but right now I'm fine.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I get a bit bored playing against the same killers over and over again as survivor. Other than that, the game is still pretty fun.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

Hey uhhh, no-mend legion is a challenge you do as a survivor. It has nothing to do with being legion, you just try to manage your mending timer by being in different states where the bar doesn't decay

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Honestly, for me it's the rift that's done it. In the past I would take breaks for a few days up to a week when I was getting bored. Now I feel like the rift has pushed me into playing a lot more than I normally would, and I'm completely burnt out. I've played maybe 3 games in as many days.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Nah.

In fact, i'm way less bored thanks to the Archives.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

I blame grind burnout. The rift in particular has caused a significant increase in grind, and because of that I've played much less in between finishing the challenges of each level.

The challenges have also drastically decreased the fun of each match, because everyone is going for a challenge and if you aren't helping them or are getting in their way they just want to get on to the next match.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2019

Yeah DBD has been boring af for me as well. Not even KYF is nice now

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I've been getting that feeling as well. Except I've been playing both sides, game has gotten stale for me, I cant play for more than a few matches now, especially at high ranks, its just not enjoyable at all for me.

I still play the game but I just dont really have fun anymore, I get SOME fun rounds here and there but most have me sweating and just not having fun. So I've stopped and only play a few games every now and then. Then I move on to playing the game I've actually been enjoying for the past 3 months

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

This is why I play Survivor Roulette. My friends get pissed at me for playing random Survivors with random perks but it gets boring to play the same Survivor every freaking match time and time again.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I always get addicted to one multiplayer game at a time. I was first Call Of Duty Zombies, always played one map for a few weeks then switched to another one for a while. Recent years it become the multiplayer from the new Call Of Dutys, from about advanced warfare onwards.

However I've been consistently playing dead by daylight for two years now. I had a short break for two months during the summer last year but since then I've been on since. I wouldn't be able to play this game if I wasn't playing with my mates, since I love to talk. I would've stopped playing a long time ago if I was playing killer.

However I'm also getting a bit bored of the game. It has nothing to do with the game since there is more reason than ever to play this game. I just want to have a nice few months break but I have nothing to replace it with. If they remastered the old Black Ops 1 or 2 games then I'd definitely be having a break.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2019

This is why I say make a new chapter that gives survivors some core new abilities (Not with perks)/adds some new objectives

...but I’m fairly sure we’re gonna wait till next gen consoles until this can be a thing.

what if proning and climbing were added as examples? Opens more dimensions for new perks and killers.

• TangledNoodles

@rd_dex LOL love the reference, yeah I've been doing civilization for a while now 😅

• Fibijean

Fun fact, originally survivors were supposed to be able to climb things. That's why there's no collision on the shack roof, and a hole through which you can drop down into the shack. They decided against it, though I'm not sure of the exact reason - perhaps because they didn't want survivors to have the ability to get out of reach of the killer.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I have some huge issues with battle for neighborville. Most notably the lack if rewardatron updates since release (ie. None) and the weird balancing but it's fine. Glad someone is getting enjoyment out of it. Lol

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126

That's the problem with the balancing of the game. It would be nice to not see every Killer run the same builds, but I don't blame them for always running Ruin. It's very rare for me to go against a Killer who doesn't have Ruin, and doesn't get gen rushed, if they're not playing Spirit, Billy, or Nurse. Ruin just seems like a necessity for most Killer players, and I'm pretty tired of seeing it every game. But, once again, you can't really blame them.

As for BBQ, who doesn't want double BP's? :)