The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What map needs a rework the most and why?

AAAAA
AAAAA Member Posts: 558

Title says it all.

For me it's The Game (Gideon Meat Plant, not DBD in general) solely because the two levels make the terror radius very hard to use. I like the idea of it but the execution is very flawed.

Comments

• liarcy
    liarcy Member Posts: 160

Sadly it’s the most recent map ( not anymore really) Hawkins it’s just bad I hate playing it not just as survivor but also as killer the map is very confusing and loud it’s hard to keep track of anything and well , pallets are a joke there

• AAAAA

I agree that Hawkins needs some work, but mostly just tuning down the ambient noise. It's hard to keep track of things and find routes, but far from impossible, and the pallets are different, but not necessarily in a bad way. There are lots of pallets, but few really safe ones survivors can loop. I like this because it makes a chase more of a chase; you're not staying in one place trying to force down a good pallet.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Hawkins is gross.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Haddonfield. That map is still BS.

• AAAAA

Personally, I've never had a huge problem with Haddonfield on either side, but I'm at mid ranks and I can see how it would be bad at higher ranks.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

The Game is fine. Haddonfield and, to me, either Cortus Prenn or the Macmillian maps need it.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

The main problem was balanced landing, but the map still has at least one long loop (like every coldwind map except rotten fields).

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Nah, Haddonfield is fine. Only BL was the problem, the map itself is perfect for Killer now.

Will burn my 100 Haddonfield-Offerings during the next days to show that to the Killers.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Haddonfield, Yamaoka, Ormond. Too big. Too strong for survivors. Other maps could definitely use some tune-ups too, but those are the three worst maps.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

It would be easier to list maps that doesnt badly need rework.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Haddonfield. Even with the BL nerfs, it is still terrible. After that, Rotten Fields and Yamaoka.

• NoOneEscapesNancy
    NoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204

I hate red forest it’s pretty average for both roles and I think it needs some fixing

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

Ironworks of Misery

Coal Tower

Two infinites that have little-to-no counterplay. Plus they’re really plain and I’d really like to see the main buildings get a face-lift.

• Vao
    Vao Member Posts: 25

any of the red forest maps, gen spread is way too huge

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

Hawkins - if everyone did the survey they will get the message. I am not sure how they even made this map after having so much info from previous maps. Full of unsafe pallets, no safe loops at all. The idea of the map seem to be you run as far as you can untl you die, no playmaking potential involved at all. And yea the great stats we got from it. Seem they did a great job there

Shelter woods - insanely big map with nothing in the middle. Most gens are around a rock with a pallet and nothing else around. It is almost imposible to run from one place to another since everything is so far apart

Azarov's - the 3 gens is real every game. Very hard to get around the killer in the middle of the map which leads to camping very early on if anyone get caught. It is a really dumb map.

P.S. And again I see someone mentioned Coal Tower and an infinite and my head starts hurting. I think we need a real sticky thread for new killers how to play the game.

• AudioIV
    AudioIV Member Posts: 26

Farm maps are ######### trash to play in

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

the farm maps are all pretty shite, after that the mcmilon maps and mt ormond are pretty bad, but theres alot of bad maps so we can go around all day saying what needs reworks and what not.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Hawkins really isn't as bad as people say. I've played the map as both killer and survivor, and as long as you play optimally the unsafe pallets can gain you tons of distance.

Personally Lampkin Lane needs the rework the most. It's a very poorly design and there can be infinites with just 1 window. and the 500 safe pallets make it so annoying.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Disturbed Ward has the most overpowered building in the game. It really needs to be looked up immediately. After that, maps like Rotten Fields and both Red Forest should be made smaller in size, like what they did to Pale Rose a year ago, because killers without very good mobility get rekt by them very hard. Also, they should fix some God loops like ones from Wretched Shop, Ironworks of Misery and Grim Pantry by adding doorways near windows.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Hawkins and Lery's are just a bunch of random walls/windows. No lines of sight. They need fixing... But everyone is saying those.

My big pick is Sheltered Woods. It's just a totally flat area with a shack. Not even a pride rock (Balanced Landing is useless here). It honestly looks unfinished.