Key and Hatch Ideas

Honestly if they got rid of keys all together and made the hatch gameplay different. Like if they made it a "keypad" and you had to hit 1-4 difficult skill checks to open it. The amount of skill checks could ve based on how many gens were done. Like 0 gens done = 4 check. 1 or 2 done mean 3 check. 3 or 4 gens done = 2 checks. 5 gens done is only 1 check needed. Could also make it to where instead of needing an item to open it anyone can open it but you only get one attempt. I think this change would be fair to both survivors as well as killers. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I'd love to hear others thoughts on this.

Comments

• jinxykinz
    jinxykinz Member Posts: 107
    edited December 2019

I could see having to do skill checks similar to healing someone. A progress bar with 1-2 checks. But no check if the killer is within a certain distance.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

So what you are saying is, anyone can access the hatch without the key, and once it appears, we can try to OPEN the thing regardless? 😎

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 219

i think the hatch is fine, 50/50 unless survivors running bills perk.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    edited December 2019

Like some parts of the idea. Make hatch like now, but with a time to open it of course, only for one person in the match, only if the gates are closed and yes maybe with skill checks. Keys may remove skill checks or open it a little faster with add ons, but hatch has to be only for the one last survivor, not like it is now.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

How about we make a door for the basement and the killer instead have to skill check to open it. Would be fun and very refreshing. I think the survivors have enough other things to think about every game while the killers get the same survivors, similar perks etc

• Waldorf_2R3
    Waldorf_2R3 Member Posts: 20

Seeing as this game is more survivor leaning i don't think that would happen.