Survivor Perk: Wild Card

Options
Guy_without_a_plan
Guy_without_a_plan Member Posts: 67
edited December 2019 in Creations

At the start of the trial, all perks except this perk are disabled for 200/180/160 seconds. After the duration, this perk activates with one of these random effects.

Athlete: exhaustion durations are halved, if you don't have an exhaustion based perk, gain a 15% haste when beyond 20 meters of the killer. (Adrenaline doesn't count)

Stem Cell Explosion: gain the ability to heal self at 150% speed twice per trial.

Lucky Pickup: When you have no item, gain a random item of Very Rare quality or Higher, comes with an add-on

Bullet Time: Skill checks are 40% slower and give 2% more progression

Army Stance: Become immune to grabs and the hinder status effect is halved

Snake Eyes: The red stain is 50% bigger for you and fast vaults take 30% less distance to activate

Comments

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    GeneralSpudmuffin Member Posts: 311
    Options

I feel there should be at least a few possible negatives you could get. Like, Snake Eyes should basically make it a dud perk, maybe even keeping their other perks disabled! Of course, you'd have to be extremely unlucky to get that effect, but still, it would make it far more interesting~

• Guy_without_a_plan
    Options

Bump

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

15% speed boost would mean you could outrun some killers so they won't be able to get within 20 meters of you. I think it should be a 7% boost (not stackable) while having gone at least 10 seconds without being in a chase.

Removing grabs and changing fast vault mechanics would probably be too strong.

Also, all of these effects would need to be well-balanced with each other so the Survivor doesn't just DC when they get a less desirable effect.

Random effects would be a nice gimmick and I would honestly use it, but the cooldown is a bit much, especially since the perk deactivates itself as well. Maybe 140/130/120 would be more reasonable, and maybe just have the perk be active immediately and only disable other perks during the cooldown, or the Survivor might just be super immersed for the beginning of the game. Also, would you be able to charge perks like Autodidact or Mettle of Man while they are disabled?

Perks that I would use/try with this:

• Adrenaline (obviously)
    • Maybe other endgame perks like Hope or No One Left Behind
    • Lucky Break (would probably still suck but might throw the killer off if it activates at the beginning of the match)
    • No Mither (sudden broken effect lol, also ez plague counter)
    • DS (for late game plays)
    • Deliverance (because I hate myself)
    • Object of Obsession (suddenly get to see the killer when they don't expect it)
    • Sole Survivor/Distortion (Distortion might last until late game with this, also Sole Survivor is a late game perk anyway. Sole Survivor + Object activating after Survivors start dying would be godlike)
    • Autodidact/MoM if chargeable while disabled
    • Sprint Burst, would be nice to be able to run around in the early game without getting exhausted
  • Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Come to think of it, it would be nice for Up the Ante to be changed have an effect similar to this. You'd be making a gamble by not having perks for a bit but then you'll get a reward if you last long enough.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Absurdly game-breaking

• micha_beck
    micha_beck Member Posts: 78
    Options

I really love the idea of a gamble. I think if you play part of the trial without perks, you should then get something that is really strong.

But how about if you cannot just wait it out like "Corrupt Intervention", instead the perk activates after a certain amount of hookings.

Say, all perks are deactivated. After the third time someone is hooked, all perks activate. And then you get one of 3 boost, but they should all be worth it.

• prismalorg
    prismalorg Member Posts: 55
    Options

lmfaooo this is what ace should've had instead of his perks. this is really cool

• prismalorg
    prismalorg Member Posts: 55
    Options