The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Colorblind mode

I have trouble seeing red which gets to be a real pain when I'm trying to play as a killer and i sometimes can't see the outlines of the generators and other things that show up in red so was thinking a color blind mode or a way to change the color of the auras of things would be kind of useful.

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I have posted about this a couple of times, I don't know how to paste links here, but search for these topics:

Colorblind killers, again...PS4
    Red gen auras give trouble to colorblind players. PS4

In one of those threads someone said the developers once talked about it, unluckily stating there are no plans on doing anything.
    You can try tweaking settings on your screen or monitor, it helps a bit. There are maps where I can't locate a single gen though...

• jejones
    jejones Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for letting me know, honestly i think something that might be easier than implementing a whole set of color blind modes might be to allow players to alter the aura colors kind of like you can do with the menus in fallout 4, then again i don't know much about programming so maybe that would be harder
  • Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

@Condorloco_26 said:

I have posted about this a couple of times, I don't know how to paste links here, but search for these topics:

Colorblind killers, again...PS4
    Red gen auras give trouble to colorblind players. PS4

In one of those threads someone said the developers once talked about it, unluckily stating there are no plans on doing anything.
    You can try tweaking settings on your screen or monitor, it helps a bit. There are maps where I can't locate a single gen though...

Next time you post on this you can drop the PS4.. It is a problem that effects all platforms I am sure.. (not colorblind, but I can appreciate the problems). Also make sure you posted this in the wishlist section. (to lazy to search for the posts, but... just trying to be helpful)

• Condorloco_26

@Russ76 said:

Next time you post on this you can drop the PS4.. It is a problem that effects all platforms I am sure.. (not colorblind, but I can appreciate the problems). Also make sure you posted this in the wishlist section. (to lazy to search for the posts, but... just trying to be helpful)

Thanks for the observation man, you're right as it affects all platforms the same. At the time I mentioned PS4 because I was not sure PC players were in the same situation, since I read "somewhere" that they could make some adjustments via their graphic cards and the problem would be somewhat lessened, as several players giving their testimony asserted.

The statement about the devs saying they won't look into it is true though. I found it somewhere in the Q&A section of this forum. Man I wish at the very least we could make those same colors brighter...

• Condorloco_26
    edited August 2018

Here it is, sorry to upload an image but I don't know how to paste active links:

REDDIT Q&A | MAY 21, 2018

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

@Condorloco_26 said:

@Russ76 said:

The statement about the devs saying they won't look into it is true though. I found it somewhere in the Q&A section of this forum. Man I wish at the very least we could make those same colors brighter...

Oh wow.. I hadn't even read that part.. Yeah that really stinks. PUBG can make the blood blue I don't know why DBD couldn't make the colors different, but I saw your next post as well.. Simply amazed that they "can't" do it..

• Condorloco_26

Hi fellow colorblind killer friends (or is it colourblind?), I'm here to resurrect these and other similar posts to bring awareness to our problem. After playing for some days, enjoying the summer BBQ event, and after 100% being sure that we CAN have different colors for hooks after all, I would like to formally and kindly ask the devs for the option to choose our own color for hooks, totems, blood, tracks and gens. Some maps are just insanely difficult for colorblind killers.

Thank you so much in advance

• hangm_nn
    hangm_nn Member Posts: 43

I know I'm late to the party by a few years but they are adding new graphics instead of balancing the maps or adding colorblind options. I'm not colorblind but I want everyone to have a good experience on Dead by Daylight.