The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

will bill come to console

my question is why is bill not on the console version of dead by daylight 
if it’s exclusive that stupid cause bill is from a game that was on pc xbox and playstation
if it’s a license issue  can anything be done 

Comments

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Member Posts: 44

Because it is from left for dead a game made by VALVE. So it would need to be licensed by them for that which I doubt becuase they have NEARLY nothing console related and their whole platform is on PC.
    Bill is ######### anyways

• davidthyrat
    davidthyrat Member Posts: 44

Because it is from left for dead a game made by VALVE. So it would need to be licensed by them for that which I doubt becuase they have NEARLY nothing console related and their whole platform is on PC.

he may be but bill is from left 4 dead witch was on consoles so still don’t answer why he not on consoles we got the other liecense killers and survivors just not bill 
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Member Posts: 44

@davidthyrat said:
    Sinistrous said:

he may be but bill is from left 4 dead witch was on consoles so still don’t answer why he not on consoles we got the other liecense killers and survivors just not bill 

Oh well IDK then, I'd assume its something to do with VALVE being dickheads, their main platform is PC like I said and maybe they want a PC only exclusive because of it

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010

We got other licenses killers and survivors because their license holders agreed to it. Valve decided not to for whatever reason
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Very very very unlikely he ever comes to console. I'm fine with that.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Whoever says Bill is ######### is ultimatively a liar.
    Bill is one of the best.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

just out of curiosity

do console players get bill perks or not?

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153

I heard we weren't going to get him at least anytime soon, I feel that consoles should get an exclusive survivor since PC got one... just my opinion

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Thatbrownmonster said:
    just out of curiosity

Yes, they are in the regular pool of perks.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    edited May 2018

@mdg2018 said:
    I heard we weren't going to get him at least anytime soon, I feel that consoles should get an exclusive survivor since PC got one... just my opinion

They didn't intend for Bill to be exclusive to PC, just like they didn't intend for Legacy to exclude those who came after Nov 2016. Exclusivity means you weren't in the right place at the right time, so it's kind of your fault. You can still get Bill, but you have to get a PC first. I was a PS4 player, too, until I put down the money for a PC, and I don't even use Bill. His perks are in the PS4 version, too, so PS4 users are basically complaining about a skin, the same with Legacy. If the devs were to give PS4 an exclusive surv, then PC users would complain, which doesn't help Behaviour's situation any. Console players have to realize that they're getting the short end of the stick not because Behaviour wants you guys to, but because of licenses and Sony and going through stuff they don't have to go through with PC.

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

They didn't intend for Bill to be exclusive to PC, just like they didn't intend for Legacy to exclude those who came after Nov 2016. Exclusivity means you weren't in the right place at the right time, so it's kind of your fault. You can still get Bill, but you have to get a PC first. I was a PS4 player, too, until I put down the money for a PC, and I don't even use Bill. His perks are in the PS4 version, too, so PS4 users are basically complaining about a skin, the same with Legacy. If the devs were to give PS4 an exclusive surv, then PC users would complain, which doesn't help Behaviour's situation any. Console players have to realize that they're getting the short end of the stick not because Behaviour wants you guys to, but because of licenses and Sony and going through stuff they don't have to go through with PC.

I see what you mean thats a good point

• davidthyrat

@mdg2018 said:

wait we don’t get legacy why i kinda understand about bill but why don’t console get legacy stuff
  • Alza
    Alza Member Posts: 2

@davidthyrat said:
    Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

wait we don’t get legacy why i kinda understand about bill but why don’t console get legacy stuff

Please read this again below and read again till you have understood.

@Peanits said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

They didn't intend for Bill to be exclusive to PC, just like they didn't intend for Legacy to exclude those who came after Nov 2016.

Legacy is totally intended to exclude those who came after the cutoff. It was made as a reward to those who had prestiged before the bloodwebs were made significantly easier. Basically, giving it to people who came after that and get to level up with cheaper bloodwebs is just a huge slap in the face to those who had to grind relentlessly to get it in the first place.

If you came after that, your reward is not having to grind anywhere near as much.

• davidthyrat
    Alza said:

@davidthyrat said:
    Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

Please read this again below and read again till you have understood.

@Peanits said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

They didn't intend for Bill to be exclusive to PC, just like they didn't intend for Legacy to exclude those who came after Nov 2016.

Legacy is totally intended to exclude those who came after the cutoff. It was made as a reward to those who had prestiged before the bloodwebs were made significantly easier. Basically, giving it to people who came after that and get to level up with cheaper bloodwebs is just a huge slap in the face to those who had to grind relentlessly to get it in the first place.

If you came after that, your reward is not having to grind anywhere near as much.

annoying we don’t get bill and so basically legacy skin was timed exclusive that did not even give us a chance to get it kinda feel cheated really but hey it don’t matter cause it’s console 
  • theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    Console players will unfortunately always come second in this community. I will say the devs have improved greatly. It used to take weeks to over a month for console players to get up to date to the PC version. Now it's usually same day or a couple later.

I still think it's nonsense that they can't figure out a way to get the Charity Case on console. Even if 100% of the proceeds don't go to charities because of Sony and Microsoft, BHR could donate THEIR profits. Some charity is better than none!
  • GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

@Peanits said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

I wish XBOX & PS4 could get some of the colorful outfits (such as the twitch shirt).

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@GolgiNea said:

@Peanits said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

I wish XBOX & PS4 could get some of the colorful outfits (such as the twitch shirt).

MY EYES! That color is so blinding! IT BURNS, GET IT AWAY! AWAY!

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 said:

@GolgiNea said:

@Peanits said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@GolgiNea said:

@Peanits said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@mdg2018 said:

You dare bring light into MY LAIR! YOU MUST DIE

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

@Jack11803 said:

lol you're everywhere Jack!! XD

• Jack11803

@GolgiNea said:

@Jack11803 said:

lol you're everywhere Jack!! XD

I’m the omnipresent Dwight god. I must be everywhere to bless everyone with my godly pressence. PRAISE BE TO DWIGHT

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Sinistrous said:

@davidthyrat said:
    Sinistrous said:

Oh well IDK then, I'd assume its something to do with VALVE being dickheads, their main platform is PC like I said and maybe they want a PC only exclusive because of it

yeah but i have Left 4 Dead 2 on xbox one

• Cosmic707
    Cosmic707 Member Posts: 1

@Thatbrownmonster said:
    just out of curiosity

yes we do we have his perks but we don't have him on the game.

• RockRage8962
    RockRage8962 Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2019

This is not the first time anything related to DLC and Left 4 Dead has been PC exclusive. Zombie Trilogy had an entire Left 4 Dead expansion that was free for PC owners of the trilogy. The biggest issue is licensing, and the biggest reason for that is due to Bill being free, just like that Zombie Trilogy DLC pack.

Given how Valve owns the Steam client itself, they were able to include Bill for free, since Valve always earns a small percent of the profits from all sales of the game and it's various DLC's, so the license essentially pays for itself. On console however, it would be entirely different. Bill would have to be paid DLC for Valve to make any profit on the console versions, and it would likely not be within BHVR's interest to make a free DLC pack on PC a paid DLC pack on consoles, because essentially, that would cheat the customers on console out when PC players got the content free of charge. It's a complicated mess, but that's sadly how it is with licensing.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@theagitatedapricot said:
    Console players will unfortunately always come second in this community. I will say the devs have improved greatly. It used to take weeks to over a month for console players to get up to date to the PC version. Now it's usually same day or a couple later.

I still think it's nonsense that they can't figure out a way to get the Charity Case on console. Even if 100% of the proceeds don't go to charities because of Sony and Microsoft, BHR could donate THEIR profits. Some charity is better than none!

we do have Charity Case on console I see it on ps4 didn't pick it up like all the other dlc but it there.