Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How about stop hooking in basement until its fixed?

Asegbloodtears
Asegbloodtears Member Posts: 74
edited December 2019 in Ask the Community

Like the title says, how about the killer stop hooking in basement until the bug is fixed? I seen basement hook being pretty rare in games and since the bug is there... everyone is exploiting it. saying ... im doing the challenge in tome... not doing it on purpose.... i think BHVR should wake up and fixed that super quick. and Players should stop exploiting it until its fixed... right now im reporting each players that hook me in basement.

Also... what is that from BHVR? first update i seen since i got the game a month and half ago and dude... its bad... what do you test in the test server... nothing?

I can't beleive no one was hooked in the basement in the test server.... Same for the wiggling bug... some programer need to be fired for sure.

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited December 2019

@Asegbloodtears

If you see Killers exploiting the bug in-game for nefarious reasons than please do report them in-game and follow it up with a ticket to the support team.

Here's the support link: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

It's important to know...

Not every Killer is exploiting this. Some of them really don't know about it... but for those that do and openly admit it, please do report them. Exploiting bugs is not tolerated what-so-ever, especially a game breaking one like this.

• Adelstein
    Adelstein Member Posts: 15

What's the bug in question? I feel like I'm out of the loop on this one.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019

Lets not discuss this please, openly discussing game breaking exploits is forbidden. The less awareness, the better.

I'm sorry that you'll be out of the loop, but it really isn't a good idea to talk about it. Like I said, the less that know THE BETTER! Plus it's against the forum rules so...

• Adelstein

Point taken. I'll avoid it in the future until the next patch fixes it, I was just curious.

• FireHazard

Understandable, i'm just looking out for your own well being is all...

• Adelstein

Yeah I appreciate it! I'm new here so some of these things fly over my head.

• Asegbloodtears

Don't really care. that kind of hooked has raise by like 80% easy since the patch... i just report everyone that does one. Deal with it... just make yourself aware of what happen in the game by looking at the forum.

I understand that the less that knows about it the better but i don't agree with it. i think being open on a problem and advise the players about it and ask them to not do it until its fix and action will be taken if its exploited its the best way to go. Or as programmer... you know the bug is there... hard time to find it. make a quick patch that disablling that kind of hooking until its fixed... i seen other game disabling some feature until fixed and its just perfect.

I think its just badly manage right now!

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

What about this, I know about basement bug for now and I want to do my challenge as Killer - Hook 5 Survivors in Basement and then Hook 2 Survivors in bm with Monstrous Shrine.

Am I exploiting because I want to make my challenge in Tome done? Reportable? IMO NO.

• FireHazard

I'm sure they've gotten plenty reports about it already to know about it... I'm saying "the less know the better" because some Killers will actively abuse the bug to get "ez kills" or games.

That's why it's best to... not talk about it that much. I suggested you report the ones that openly admit it or give obvious hints to knowing it but not caring... Since it's a problem at the moment. I've had it happen to me just 20 minutes ago... and the Killer didn't see to care at all and KNEW about it.

• Asegbloodtears
    edited December 2019

Just Discarded then... that answer just show (if you are part of the BHVR team) that you just don't care much about it, eveyrone ######### exploiting it... right now in Meat map, the guy just grab my friend and notice he is not wiggling and walk alll the way to the other side of the map move to the floor under, then proceed to basement and hook. Don't tell me that guy does not know about it...

I don't care if you do the challenge or not... deactivated theses challenge for now as you know players use it as excuse to exploit the bug. Every single person i message about it told me that exact same excuse. I have that challenge... im not doing it because there is a bug. Do something else and wait... its simple as that. But like i said BHVR should have done a minimum about it as of today.. they had a full day noticing all the post about it. They know its there... can we fixed it in less then 24h? no ok can we help in any other way... Yes, ok then do this first and fix the issue after.

Not sure what hard with that.

I have seen it in many other games, being done to help in issue.

• Asegbloodtears

Thanks, nice position to have.... sorry guys, our beta was done badly. we miss bugs but we release it anyway... We are aware of it but hey... don't care much. We will work on it eventually, On the mean time.... feel free to exploit it and get some free point and challenge over it.

That is exactly what i understand from your 2 posts you just made.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019

Either way, it gets more data on it anyways so... faster the fix with more of the data!

I'm not saying report EVERYONE who uses the basement that's absurd, i'm just talking about the Killers that're aware and openly exploiting it while admitting it...

At the end of the say, it's his choice of course.

• Froggard728
    Froggard728 Member Posts: 94

Think the bug just happened to me. I got hooked in basement, died obviously and recorded it then found this post.

I did the challenge as killer the other day and had everyone hooked in basement twice each at least and had no idea this was an issue. There was 1 claidette not moving so guess it happened to them

• Asegbloodtears

I can clip my last hour and the last 5 time i got hooked in basement and got the bug every single time, so no its not random.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Here is a crazy thought, stop playing the game when it has gamebreaking bugs like these.

Yeah you don't know about the bug maybe, however they encourage basement hooks with the challenges. Just stop playing.

• FireHazard

It has something to do with the camera, so idk.

Anyways, talking about it isn't really allowed anyways... so idk. But I get what you mean... BUT! Despite being random, people are doing... things... to exploit it.

I can't go into detail sorry, it's best we move on from this conversation.

• FireHazard

A challenge and an unintentional bug are two different things.

They're not encouraging the exploit... every bug just happens randomly, it usually happens around new patches.

Regardless, to say they're encouraging players to do it is completely false.

• Endstille

I think you missunderstood, i meant they encourage hooking in the basement and not anything else. This is why i mean as survivor when you play the game, expect killers to hook you in the basement due to challenges. Thus stop playing until they fix this or enjoy the bug.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019

I'm a Killer main, so this doesn't have a massive impact on me.

The only time this had an impact on me was when I was doing the Survivor specific Achievements that came with Chapter 14 and the bug only happened to me once.

Now that they're done, unless i'm doing a challenge than I have no issues with it and don't plan on hooking anyone in the basement... since my basement challenges are done (for now) and any I have in the future will be after this bug is fixed.

If I was at a challenge requiring me to do basement hooks... I can just skip it until the bug is fixed. Just as a... act of kindness and understand to the Survivors I face. I guess... idk.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I ran into the basement and got the killer to hook me so I could finally see the glitch myself.

It was nifty. I think I wanna do that every match, now.

• Asegbloodtears

And you should be Ban for doing it. Thats the point i was bringing up. Action should be taken on exploiting a glitch. I always see comment saying, BHVR can see how many time you have DC, how many time you have died on first hook. .... They probably can see how many you hooked in the basement and give penalty for it thats it.

OR as i suggested.... stupid challenge should be block and basement should be not in game until its fixed. simple as date

• TragicSolitude

... I should be banned for dying to a glitch? It's not like I won because of a glitch, it was actually detrimental to my gameplay. I've been hooked in the basement multiple times since this glitch came out, though, and most of the time nothing happens. I've only fallen through the floor the one time. The glitch is inconsistent.

As killer, I try to avoid hooking anyone in the basement right now, unless there really are no closer hooks. So far, that's only happened once.

• Asegbloodtears

My bad i missunderstood your comment than, i read that you just got it as survivor and know what it is and now you will use it....as a killer LOL

My error

• TragicSolitude

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Yeah, no, that would be wrong; I don't ruin other people's games. As survivor, though, falling through the floor myself is funny :)

• FireHazard

It's weird seeing it happen...

I saw a Survivors aura shoot straight into the ground when being hooked in the basement... some how he didn't get stuck in the skybox though.

• Endstille

Yeah sure i understand but people know, people might not know so due to the challenges people are more likely to go for hooks in the basement arent they? I mean we are on the forums but the majority is not.

• VicelikeJmz
    VicelikeJmz Member Posts: 12

It's a bit ironic there's basement challenges at the same time there being a basement glitch. Tbh, I can't believe a bug so game breaking was not realized before the update release. When this happens 2-3 games in the row it's horrible, and then they bring out the "DC bans" when your two options when the bug happens is to stay still for 5-10 minutes hoping the killer will kill you or dcing...

The only way around the bug I've seen once it's happened is to be picked up again after being downed, but because you can't get out the basement they put you back on basement hook and you can't do anything. Struggle score doesn't count on the hook which has left me short at least 1,800+ points

• FireHazard

If that's the case than they're more inclined to fix the issue...

Either way, there is nothing we can do about the issue honestly... since like you said, the majority doesn't stick around the forums or twitter. Some just play the game and read the news section for info, some might even venture to find an answer to the issue on the forums or twitter.

The bug seems to happen very rarely in some cases, for some people they said it only happened twice or once in like 50 games or something...

So idk, stuff just happens.