Ksoni
Ksoni Member Posts: 607
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Just look at these!

Comments

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    Options

The real question is are they buffing the shock blast since the passive isn’t gonna be 3-gen lock down based now. Solid rework if they get it all right.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Any more?

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited December 2019
    Options

Wow so this confirms that static blast can't be spammed like shock therapy in treatment, okay thats fair i guess since it seems to be a area of effect shock in your terror radius. The big question now is how much does it increase madness on hit.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,509
    Options

I hope there's a lot more to come because none of that looks promising in terms of improving Doctors viability.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

Well it seems stance switching is gone from the other screen shots of doctor's power, BUT that also means he can't stop vaults at will if it's on a cooldown now or even if he tried depending on the charge of static blast or if it even does that anymore. There's still alot that hasn't been confirmed but i doubt any of this stuff will stay the same anyway.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

Obviously a new cooldown mechanic.

Because the others were just so fun and original, if they can do it to Nurse they can do it to anyone.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Yeah I kinda dislike cooldown powers, too. As a killer I want to use my power when I need it not when I have it.

• coppersly
    edited December 2019
    Options

Exactly.

I also think it is more skillful to use the power whenever you want as opposed to having windows of opportunity where it can be active. The ability to choose when it happens gives players the chance to use the power unique ways and also punishes them for wasting it.

Cooldowns just make everyone cookie-cutter and reward the SAME playstyle of waiting for your power before being useful.

It looks like he's getting the Nurse treatment and having his main power moved to a cooldown dependent state. Hopefully the new power is actually useful, strong, and interesting. But considering there is likely a cooldown meter on it I doubt it'll be any of those.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602
    Options

Oh boy, another cooldown mechanic killer yay 😒

If any of this ends up being true, I'll definitely hate it

• coppersly
    Options

But can't you see? It makes the game so much fun for survivors who even cares if the killers are having fun? Thanks BHVR!

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Honestly all Doctor needs is just to remove the delay in his shock and he'll be fine.

• SpacingLlamas
    Options

I hate when the devs say there gonna make changes so its fun to play against and as the killer. When in reality all the changes are really just to make the killer more fun to face against for survivors

Exactly. Most of doctor add-ons are really fine. Just change the ones that give him a new shock therapy shape (ring one & long rectangular one). And give him another ultra rare add-on

• coppersly
    Options

I'd rather we get a rework that makes him interesting and not just another killer with a power that's only useful for very specific things and even then it's meh.

He could make you actually mad and see illusions of him walking around. That alone would be a cool change I'd love to see instead of some dumb guy standing still, usually on top of things you can't be on giving away what he is before you're even confused about why he's there.

• TheHourMan
    Options
  • SpacingLlamas
    Options

It is good for specific builds and for memeing, but overall it's not that useful to me

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

I'm all for doctor buffs but they should finish buffing legion first.

• TheHourMan
    Options

It's way better than the green shock range addon because it doesn't add charge time and has an even longer range. The only issue is your aim has to not be doodoo

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Maybe a cooldown instead of switching system ? I hope so !

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Doc is losing his early and late game tracking tools..so if this new static blast isnt accompanied by the removal of the need to swap stances and a base range increase on shock therapy then the most he will benafit from is a way to flip off flashlighters..hardly a fair trade off if you ask me

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

The new description for Carter's Spark says The Doctor will have both the shock therapy and static blast. So he can still shock survivors at pallets and vaults. The static blast is replacing the passive static field.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

I don’t want him reworked, I love Doc as he is :(

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I'm hoping that the Static Blast isn't just the Static Field put on a cooldown. If it is, then that'll make him worse in terms of viability. Hopefully it releases a lot of Madness or doesn't require you to switch stances or something good.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

@SpacingLlamas The 20m beam is awesome. Just combine it with the long range addon and you can shoot outside of your TR. You don't even need specific builds, you got your targets with gen highlighting. Stuff like totems or Discordance or Nurse's just make it even more powerful.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

From reading the power portion of the text (which isn't in this post but is on there) the stance changing mechanic seems to have been removed entirely.

In other words no stance change needed for Shock Treatment either.

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

To me it sounds like what the did for freddy. You get on ability you can use whenever you want (shock therapie) and one that goes on cooldown (statik blast)

• coppersly
    Options

We can only hope they left in tact something to differentiate Doctor from other killers like Nurse while they wait for their power. (That felt so disgusting to say, I miss you Nurse)

If they just lump everything of his onto a cooldown... yikes. But hopefully he at least retains the passive field. It looks kind of like they maybe merged both of his forms into one so he can walk and shock and attack without switching? and the blast is basically the switching replacement? I'd be ok with that. Streamline him and update him at the same time.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239
    Options

Were the exhaustion addon effects replaced as well?

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Em...with "refreshing" you mean weak? He got close range information and inconsistent anti-loop. End of the story.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Unfortunately, they are. They’re getting a much weaker effect in counter clockwise skill checks. Survivors will adapt to it very quickly.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

Yes it's coming and I'm worried… Just... Just look at Legion and you'll find out why

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It seems really good to me so far. Based on what's in the descriptions and what's gone;

No more passive terror radius buildup, that means no tracking just for existing at the start of the game. Survivors can react better to get into a locker when they hear the terror radius without being on a guaranteed 5 second timer before they tier up.

No more "modes," you can zap, and you can attack. That's WAY more user friendly. That also means no more slowing yourself every chase just to build up the stalling aspect of your power which is a really small stall anyway. Also, no grabs by spamming M1 in treatment mode while facecamping. It also means his zap-stun into an M1 is a much more fluid combination as you don't need to wait for a mode switch to swing, and hope they haven't recovered or just run away while you're slow.

The "Static Blast" is a cooldown based TR-wide attack to shock all survivors nearby, allowing a better controlled buildup that's likely to actually tier people up, rather than the slow passive TR effect on everyone nearby that you aren't in a chase with, even if you know they're there. The cooldown sounds fine, as I'm assuming you can still use his default zap in the meantime.

Overall he sounds much healthier. He's more fluid for the killer player and less cumbersome, and he can actually build up tier 3 on multiple people more reliably to stall people he's not currently in a chase with. On the survivor side, you have better options to avoid gaining madness by getting in a locker at the start and not needing to stay until the terror radius is gone. His calm add ons will also amplify the terror radius when a blast is coming so you can react, as they increase TR ONLY when the blast is off cooldown.

Really this sounds like an excellent rework that addresses most of the issues I have with him from both the killer and survivor sides.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

All depends on if this is all true..and if this static blast is only good for annoying flash lighters...not sure how that will go down...hes losing a lot just by losing the static field..so getting him to be better than present will require some substantial polish..if stance swapping is gone then maybe this will be what he needs..but that's on the assumption it is gone..even then..I dunno..its really a toss up at present

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I think losing the static field is justified. It takes no effort and is a constant source of annoyance. He still has the capacity to do the same thing with blast, but it takes actual thought. It will also be a bigger chunk of madness which means you can potentially bump 2-3 survivors into madness 3 at once without going around individually zapping them, meaning survivors 1 and 2 are snapped out of it before 3 is in it. It is a MUCH more reliable form of stalling outside of a 3-gen situation.

There's also the positive that he isn't countered completely by terrain. Before survivors running up/down stairs would dodge the zap entirely. If it can now be launched based on terror radius you can play around that better.

If he doesn't have to swap forms, it's also a major buff that you can alternate zapping and hitting without being a 110 speed less-than-m1 killer, and you can react to situations much better. It also means you don't have to choose between moving across the map quickly or having your power working on hidden people, just run and drop a blast when you think you're close, or use whispers to guarantee a zap.

• coppersly
    Options

That does sound much more fluid but my question is why are they able to make someone like Doctor fluid but they completely remove the fluidity from Nurse making her the exact opposite of fluid.