Petition for a Compromise regarding the withdrawal of the 4 event cosmetics.

Options

Comments

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118
    Options

I know what you mean, but what about the Switch and Mobile players? They deserve a chance.

• MrGolden32467
    MrGolden32467 Member Posts: 99
    Options

That is word for word exactly what I feel like ! This could literally be a follow up to the post :D Thank you for the support :)

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Im all for event cosmetics being earnable again in future events. I doubt that would anger anyone unless theyre unreasonable. alMost of them other than the billy hammer are pretty dull and I rarely see them being used anyway.

• MrGolden32467
    Options

Now that you shared your thoughts, I came to think that some people just want to keep these cosmetics to themselves to brag about how "cool" they look in these (exclusivity). "Oh look I have exclusives, and you don't..." This could lead to some toxicity in the community. The more I read the thread I've started, the more I feel like the people against just don't want to share the game with others ; which is kind of sad :,(

• MrGolden32467
    Options

I can tell you haven't read the entirety of my post so I will clarify the compromise I gave. I understood both points of view before writing anything here : the first side wants in on every cosmetic, the other side wants the first side to stay out of this and not get the free stuff because they grinded and the first side didn't.

What I suggested is that these cosmetics be sold in the in-game Shop for Auric Cells only as any other event cosmetics. That way it sorts out the issue of "being free". All of the people who REALLY want these skins will have to buy them with their actual money, so they understand the price they have to pay for missing out.

Giving a second chance is showing how generous this community can be. :D

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236
    Options

I've never seen anyone use the kate cosmetic and I've been playing since the game released on console

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

What about the First Anni stuff? That's available to everyone? What's the difference? Why should these exclusives stay exclusive? What's so important that they stay exclusive? You didn't have to do anything different than normal to earn them. The special gens/hooks weren't more difficult than normal, yes you had to bring an offering to spawn more but you didn't need to. They spawned regardless.

I guess new players should also not be able to buy anything that was put into the shop before they started playing as well. I mean, they weren't there when they were released. Why should they be able to buy them. They also weren't there when the first killers and Survivors were released. So I guess they shouldn't be able to access them as well.

That's how stupid that is.

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

You had to hook someone on a special hook or complete a special gen that wasn't any harder to complete than normal. Wow, such skill. Not anything you could do by just playing the game as normal.

• MrGolden32467
    Options

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion.

In my experience, I was very sad to see all these people getting these incredible outfits at a time I couldn't play (even though I really wanted to !). I'm just disappointed that we have to exclude a part of the community on the subject of cosmetics, which were designed for everyone to be happy. Again, the code-related skins and legacy I can understand because they were exclusive to people who supported at event and who supported DBD at its start. I was here to support when the Howling Grounds and Scorching Summer BBQ events came around so I feel like I also need my share.

If these cosmetics were available for Auric cells, surely not everyone would buy them. However it would give a chance to those who actually want them to pick them up. :D

• MrGolden32467
    Options

True :D But it gives everyone a fair chance. If they cannot buy them now, they will be able to afford them whenever they feel like they need them (I think).

• MrGolden32467
    Options

I have a slight feeling that you might be changing your opinion on the question of these event cosmetics :3 No ? I've been reading all your posts and it went from opposed to me to agreeing with someone that shared my point of view :D I see you also support us on the disappointment of the devs turning on us about giving us these cosmetics <3 Nice to have you around !

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

I mean you also didn't have to burn any offerings for the special hooks and gens to spawn. More spawned if you did, but you could just play as normal and at least one of each (I think it was actually 2 but I don't remember) spawned as base. The only thing you didn't get if you didn't burn an offering was the bonus BP.

So you could've actually ground the whole even without burning a single offering. Yes it would've been harder, but only moderately so.

Like my computer was having fits during the BBQ event and my net kept dropping but I still managed to grind out both the Kate and Billy cosmetic with time to spare. That just shows how easy it was. The only way to could be a huge chore is if you were severely impacted by RL issues going on at the time (work, family emergency, whatever), which to me gives even MORE incentive for people to want them re-released in some capacity. Whether that be free, in the Shop, in another event.

• MrGolden32467
    Options

Thank you for sharing :D

I would add that it is not the fairest solution. If it was indeed, then no one would complain about it. This is why I'm proposing a compromise, to give out an idea of how to make everyone happy.

People who grinded the cosmetics feel like they put a lot of time into them ; and its true !

People who haven't gotten the skins and that want them should be able to get them with Auric Cells.

Both ways would mean there is a significance. Significance in the first one because time was put into it. Significance in the second one because real money was put into it. In both ways you are conscious of the impact of your decisions : will you grind and spend a lot of time to get it free ? or will you actually spend a portion of you salary (including money you could use to go out with friends or buy yourself a meal) to get them ?

I think this decision and choice is the fairest option :D

Still I respect everyone's honest opinions as long as the are not rude about them, so once again I thank you for adding your thoughts to this thread :)

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    Options

I’m alright with this (Own them)... if people are worked about what they wear not being exclusive they miss the big picture... when there’s a point that there’s so much to choose from cosmetic-wise... you’re gonna look unique 99% of the time anyway.

Not being able to get exclusives from games stops me wanting to buy games that have them. I dunno why game devs thought “let’s add exclusives so no one leaves” is better than “if all devs don’t have exclusives they welcome every new player” meaning more sales for every dev.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Funny thing is: As a Huntress main of course i got the Hound Mask, but i rarely wear it.

I personly don't like the look of it, aesthetic-wise. She looks a bit dump for me with it.

I feel the debate is also always a bit like: People want what they can't get the most...

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

'I didn't earn it but I feel entitled to have it handed to me anyway. Old players bad. Old players selfish.'

This thread in a nutshell. You didn't earn it, you're not getting it. I am under the impression that the only reason they were bringing the event items back for everyone in the first place was because they couldn't identify the people who actually lost the cosmetics. Now they have, so only the people who earned them will receive them.

If you didn't earn them, you're not getting them.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

I didn't bother reading it all because in all honestly, who cares, they are just cosmetics.

I earned all 4 cosmetics and i don't care if they were given to other players who didn't.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options
  • WelshTomz
    WelshTomz Member Posts: 27
    Options

When a game says an item is exclusive and you can only unlock it in this time period, it means its an exclusive which only the people who got it in that time period can get. Everyone who does not have the cosmetics do NOT deserve them, if you didn't own the game then or you didn't put the time in to earn those cosmetics when they were available is your fault, not the playerbase who earned the cosmetics and its not the developers problem.

People need to understand what the word EXCLUSIVE means, you can only get the cosmetics ONCE, if you do not get the cosmetics you CAN NOT get them in the future by begging about how you are being treated unfairly.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

They're making every "exclusive" cosmetic (that has no real monetary value) available for everyone. So the word "exclusive" holds no water.

• MrGolden32467
    Options

Correct ! I talked about it in one of my previous posts : I really don't like the feeling that I'm not able to collect everything I can get (completionist / OCD / Perfectionist aspect of me). I don't feel the same towards legacy because I didn't even know the game existed when Legacy was a thing. I just feel robbed that I supported the event / the devs / and the players when the event was around and to not be able to be a part of it (minus the Feng Min New Year Polo that is :D) I feel like my discussion is going nowhere :( I should have reacted at the same time as others when half of the community asked for the withdrawal :/

Thank you for sharing your thoughts ! <3

• MrGolden32467
    Options

Nah xD I just don't want cosmetics to become a lever of toxicity :)

• WelshTomz
    Options

Yep, its because everyone is begging for everything they didn't earn and the devs are giving in because it makes the beggars happy and because it doesn't lose them any money, so its a win win for them. But how entitled people are for exclusive cosmetics which they didn't earn and didn't have to dedicate hours and hours of grinding in game to get it disgusting.

• DelsKibara
    Options

No, they are doing it because they want to crack down on people selling codes and whole accounts for these skins.

• dont_ask_me_again
    Options

Which is arguably a symptom of not listening to those people in the first place.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

Nope this is and will be a new legacy for 2018 players

• WelshTomz
    Options

can you explain how people are selling event cosmetics which do not have a code?

• dont_ask_me_again
    Options

If there was no exclusives in the first place there’d be no scams... some people really not see that?

• DelsKibara
    Options

Sell the whole account. Look up on eBay, you'll find some event cosmetic accounts.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

It's not actually true that the cosmetics in question (from the Howling Grounds and Summer BBQ) events were never available on console, since the console release of the game happened months before either event took place, and therefore console players had the opportunity to participate and earn the cosmetics just like those on PC.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

I wish bhvr let me transfer my summer bbq cosmetics from console to PC.

• Mountichan
    Mountichan Member Posts: 18
    Options

In my honest opinion, even though I don't use them as much... why should event exclusives be available to everyone at all time?

There's no reason to call them event cosmetics if everyone can just buy it whenever they want.

Like for example Warframe has a lot of cosmetics that were only available at a certain time, I have some neat Halloween "Batwings" as shoulder armor from many years ago, and even though I'm not sure if they did return, I'm certain it would be again a limited offer.

Something you got when you were there, when you participated, when you supported the game. And now just because someone has money they have the right to buy it without ever being there when events really happened?

Why is everyone so obsessed with buying EVERYTHING in the store? There's like no exclusives anymore in this game, even if you grinded through the Rift well guess what, everything you earned will be available in the ingame store. Yeah sure, some of them are just recolors. Others might not even look cool. But if you earned them with playing the game, putting your time and effort into it, then it feels just dull to see everyone running around with everything you unlocked earlier.

Exclusives give people the feeling that they accomplished something. Exclusives are meant to stay exclusive, we actually grinded for those, we earned those, even if the task we had to do wasn't much but still it's not okay to give EXCLUSIVES away to everyone. it makes them.. well duh... not exclusive anymore. With the mindset of most people we should just have all cosmetics in the ingame store for auric cells. Don't work for anything in game, just buy it, whatever. People really just don't want to do something for rewards anymore and it's sad.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

I'm mixed at this point. I feel like they should be earnable by everyone but at the same time it's nice to have SOMETHING that feels more special and unique that not everyone can obtain (the only event item I own is the Kate shirt).

Regardless, I think at this point anything can happen. I won't be surprised if they stay exclusive forever just as I won't be surprised if they're put in the store. I do think having some type of exclusivity is nice though. Which is why I hope Rift charms will stay exclusive and not be obtainable again.

• DelsKibara
    Options

Rift Charms are confirmed to stay exclusive, same thing can't be said for the cosmetics.

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151
    Options

What they are doing right now is fine, but they if they put the Event cosmetics in the in-game Store under just an Auric Cell price, I'd be fine with it too.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

Event cosmetics are bs in other games too. No need to bring them up.

Just an excuse to go "I have this because I happened to be playing at the time it was given away, I am so awesome! Look at my pixels!!!"

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

I understand what you are saying but i also didn't have a chance for Legacy. I'm not out here asking for an option to buy Legacy because that is wrong.

• Mountichan
    Options

You really don't get the point. With how people justify they "deserve" these cosmetics we might as well just bring back legacy for everyone. Because, that's what you all are saying right? Since it's the other peoples fault for playing this game so early, right? Yeah heck them, let's give everoyne legacy. After all they were just cosmetics you kinda grinded no big deal haha 1080 Auric Cells per Set right?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

While i agree you didn't have to do anything special. The problem was event offerings early on didn't work, coins were not being accumulated, special hooks were broke(this was before they couldn't be or every hook was an event), the special gens would get camped or hard patrolled just to deny players. Some of these events were toxic ######### shows, which is why future events got changed.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

That's not what people are saying.

There's 2 issues here.

1- bhvr said they would release it to all, then went back on their word. What's stopping them from going back on their word on other things?

2 - their own policy about event exclusives is that they will all be avaiable at the store. So what makes these 4 so special that they get a different treatment?

Making strawmans out of people just make you look like an #########. Don't do that.

• Mountichan
    Options

Because it is not fair to hand out things that were meant to be exclusive. And they noticed that. The community gave them feedback on how these 4 cosmetics were a symbol of you playing the game way before cells, event items in the shop and so on.

By the time these event cosmetics were released there was no ingame shop. These 4 are an exception because they are out of a time where the "event items will be in a shop" rule wasn't even thought of.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

It is a rule now. So why can't they be at the store?

• Mountichan
    Options

Because I just said these 4 were never meant to be in the ingame store. The rule applies to the hallowed blight items, as that's the set of outfits where everything began.

This discussion has been closed.