Petition for a Compromise regarding the withdrawal of the 4 event cosmetics.

Options
124»

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

And they stated they want to avoid exclusives as much as possible( with legacy being the exception). And that event cosmetics will be at the store so you can get it if you missed the event.

You can keep saying "the store wasn't around before" but that's not an excuse. This is their policy now, so they should follow it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

One could equally argue that they went back on their word to those who put in the effort to earn "exclusive" cosmetics by making them non-exclusive in the first place. But that's a little beside the point.

By the logic you're presenting, any time they revert a balance change based on community feedback is also going back on their word. And I hope we can both agree that that's really not the case.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

c...can we just ask them to fix their absurdly broken game?

Cosmetics can take it in the face. The quality of the game needs improving. This community reminds me of Bebe's Kids.

• Mountichan
    Mountichan Member Posts: 18
    Options

That is their policy NOW which they follow with every NEW event item they release.

And as they have CLEARLY stated they are NOT giving out the 4 items to everyone for already mentioned reasons there is literally no ground for any discussion about it. They reverted it for those 4 because they knew it would be huge mistake to hand them out just like this. End of story, that's basically it. No matter how much you insist on this "policy" for event items, those 4 items are NOT included as stated by the devs.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

Because updates to the game engine and mechanics are expected. It's not the same.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

If there's no grounds for discussion, ######### are you even doing here?

• Mountichan
    Mountichan Member Posts: 18
    Options

Exactly, now you don't even know what to write anymore but before I said there's no ground for discussion you insisted on those 4 being in the ingame store.

Have a nice day.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

...what?

Do you actually think you made any point here? Because that comment was so badly written I think the mouse from avengers endgame typed it.

There's no need for me to add anything, you might like to repeat yourself in every comment, but I rather not.

But if you really want a more elaborate answer, I'll give you one.

Yes. And they should be consistent with the previous items aswell. You have yet to give any good reason why that would be a problem.

"And as they have CLEARLY stated they are NOT giving out the 4 items to everyone for already mentioned reasons there is literally no ground for any discussion about it."

You know, I was wrong. You had poor sentence making all along, not just the last comment.

Now, let me make my point better by putting CERTAIN WORDS on all caps. Yes, that's BETTER.

And there is grounds for a discussion, and you yourself is engaged in said discussion. So either actually listen to the other side or do leave as you pretended to do in the end of your newest comment.

"They reverted it for those 4 because they knew it would be huge mistake to hand them out just like this"

Correct, which is why we are asking for them to be put in the store like every other event cosmetic.

Or are you too dense to realize that we aren't asking them to be hand out for free?

"No matter how much you insist on this "policy" for event items, those 4 items are NOT included as stated by the devs"

Don't put words on the devs mouths boy, they never said anything about these 4 cosmetics in regards to their policy.

No need to put policy in quotation marks either. It's a policy, should be treated as such.

• Miss_Britannia
    Miss_Britannia Member Posts: 165
    Options

I would t mind paying for them. I just want them.

• WelshTomz
    WelshTomz Member Posts: 27
    Options

EXCLUSIVE. Get it in your head, the Devs are already giving you everything else you want, the only thing you don't have is event cosmetics that people EARNED by playing for hours and hours. What other game does this?? Imagine if fortnite said, hey guy as an early Christmas present we are giving everyone every skin in the season 1 battle pass because some idiots are getting scammed. LOL, this is laughable that people have this level of entitlement for exclusive cosmetics which they did NOT EARN.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they gave everyone Season 1 skins from Fortnite, even though I grinded until Tier 100 myself back then.

Why? Because they're just skins. They have no real value.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

I put som mutch time in for those cosmetics and event cosmetics are supose to NEVER come back if they release those to everyone might aswell give everyone legacy

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Those who werent here to play during that time frame should understand that they werent playing the game nearly 2 years ago.... and therefore it shouldnt be that important to have the cosmetics... when you look at it from that perspective, it seems that those players who want the cosmetics are way more entitled...

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

So your point is, it isnt fair because people complain? I dont get that sry.

Also the point of a compromise is not to make everyone happy. thats pure fiction.

I dont know if you ever played another online game with a cosmetic feature. There are always exklusives you just dont get because you missed a season, an event or just started too late. Why should you be able to get exclusives in dbd all the time?

also in your kind of compromise only one side gets benefits. If you can purchase these exclusives in the store its only good for ppl who dont have this stuff. whats the deal for the others? What do they get out of it if its a compromise? they only get the feeling: wow i grinded for it others can just buy it or whatsoever.

Your idea is nice but only for one side. All you want are these exclusives but for what reason? Just to be able to have them? sounds pretty millenial

• WelshTomz
    Options
  • MrGolden32467
    MrGolden32467 Member Posts: 99
    Options

OK STOP.

You guys have to STOP comparing Legacy and Event cosmetics. It's getting old. Legacy was not an event ! It was a way to thank people for supporting the game in its early years. The two other events are events that took place before the in-game Store opened. Does that mean that the cosmetics shouldn't be available like all the other event skins they created ? It just... doesn't make sense ? You know ? Right now, people might as well keep selling their entire accounts for people to get these 4 exclusives. And what does Fortnite have to do with all of this ?! Running out of comparisons ? Seriously ???

And don't even get me started with this thread again : my IDEA was that we found a COMPROMISE... TOGETHER as to make everyone HAPPY. Unfortunately, I was too gullible. And I thought I could "save the day", make things change and help people to all be happy.

This thread had started off nicely with positive feedback.

I had a SINGLE question : Compromise ? Yes or No ? Is it good ? Would it need readjustements ?

What has it become ? A mess of illogical arguments and a flock of hatred between the different parties... This whole discussion just doesn't make any sense anymore. The same arguments come back over and over and over... Don't you ever get tired ? "The Store didn't exist before" / "You're not entitled to them" /// "You're selfish" / "Policy should apply to earlier cosmetics".

I wrongly thought I could set common ground.

It's fine, keep your exclusives to yourselves and feel happy that you kept them away from our "grabby little hands" (-Mathieu Cote). I hope this changed your life and that you feel good about yourselves. We'll just keep sharing and caring and create social connections while you have fun alone with your "exclusives". Then, in 80 years, when you'll all be pretty much deceased and that the cosmetics have gone forever, I hope you feel glad once more.

Maybe others will try what I attempted, but I can't keep wasting my time here.

Hope this long thread was useful to some of you guys <3

Love you all,

MrGolden32467

• MrGolden32467
    Options

Pardon my ambiguous arguments.

It is double sided :

-"Oh great ! I got these cosmetics for free because I grinded ! Guess the others will have to pay for it."

-"Oh great ! I missed out on the event but I guess I can still get the skins if I pay for them."

Besides, and this will be my final word on this thread :

The devs have stated that the Rift cosmetics are Exclusives but they will be released in the Store in 1 year time for those who missed out. Which gives a full year of bragging about the cool cosmetics you grinded. I'm already Tier 70 in the Rift, and I don't see why others couldn't also get the outfits from the rift in one year. The events took place in 2017 and 2018 (it's been over a year for both). People have time to show off their mad grinding skills, but I just want a Wolf Mask and a New Year David Jacket (and others want a hammer and a kate top). So why would you have an amazing Wolf Mask that no one can get and me tons of Rift cosmetics that'll be released in a year ?? You see what I mean ?

My SECOND COMPROMISE : If you can't sell the exclusives - make RECOLORS ! Just like Dweard etc. had Ultra Rare recolors !

Would that work ? (Oh and SELL the recolors in Auric Cells to add up the compromises).

Appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with everyone <3

Stay Awesome,

MrGolden32467

• MrGolden32467
    Options

@MandyTalk

Dear MandyTalk,

Sorry for disturbing you at this time,

I think this thread should be closed. And I don't know how to close my own thread. That's embarrassing...

Could you please tell me if its possible to close a thread ? If so, how can I do it ?

Thank you for patience,

Kind Regards,

MrGolden32467

• WelshTomz
    Options

Incase you don't understand what we are all saying is that we DO NOT want a compromise, you do not deserve the cosmetics since you did not earn them. Get over yourself and stop being so entitled.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

I'm fine with them being put in the store for actual auric cells and not shards. That way those of us that earned them dont feel that everyone else who didn't put in the time and effort to grind for them get them for free. They actually have to spend hard earned money for them.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

It's not possible to close your own thread. You did the right thing by tagging a mod to do it. I also flagged the thread just in case Mandy isn't around and one of the other mods is able to step in and fulfill your request.

You seem like a very nice person, I'm genuinely sorry your lovely thread went downhill like this 🙁

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,450
    Options

Closed as asked by OP.

This discussion has been closed.