Q&A: Chapter 14 and 3.4.0

Options

Comments

• Dip
    Dip Member Posts: 27
    Options

Are there any perks for killer or survivor that makes the frequency of blood orbs spawn more or less? Like sloppy butcher or no mither, that change the bleeding rates? or is it purely static?

• SlysJore
    SlysJore Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2019
    Options

its The Oni Spirits Brother? The Oni is really great! I love your work. Will there be other generator designs on each map? And new Menus? A Japanese generator would be cool.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

Was Oni's terror radius meant to be so quiet? His heartbeat seems quiet enough to get alot closer than a normal killer could, and monitor and abuse accents this. Is it a bug, or was Oni meant to be a combination of stealth and brute force?

• Haraak
    Haraak Member Posts: 119
    Options

What's your philosophy when deciding the new killers that you are bringing on??

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

There was a lot of uproar with Tome 3 being too difficult. The changes the dev made were reasonable and seemed to make people happy, however I personally enjoy very difficult/ grindy challenges and I know I'm not the only one.

Would the devs consider creating a extra ultra challenging Tome for those who are into that kind of thing?

It could be optional and not tied to lore or the rift. Maybe upon completion a unique charm is given? Or maybe just extra shards/ blood points?

• Unironicalygoth
    Unironicalygoth Member Posts: 175
    Options

When will the Xbox patch come out?

• EclipseDarkstar
    EclipseDarkstar Member Posts: 47
    Options

I've noticed a trend for the last few DLCs that the survivor perks are on average much more powerful and useful than the killer perks for the chapter. Is this intentional, and if so, why? Pardon my phrasing, but it looks to me like you're almost intimidated to give killers more truly strong perks.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

Hey devs!

Thanks for the amazing new chapter. The Oni is really fun to play as and Yui is a cutie.

My question is: You said you'd try to buff solo survivors to SWF level. With the new Kindred buff you definitely have taken a big step towards that but, why not just make it basekit? Back when you said you'd buff solos we all thought you'd be putting more stuff in our basekit, not make us spend a perk slot to get on par with SWF groups. How come you chose to do that instead of putting Kindred in our basekit?

• Mudzkip1221
    Mudzkip1221 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Since you released many exclusives to everyone, what's going to happen with certain other exclusives, such as Dwight's Bloodletting shirt, Nea's Dia tank top, etc.?

• JinXTonic
    JinXTonic Member Posts: 3
    Options

Will sensitivity will be adjusted on console soon? I feel that with the increase in chapters, some of the base settings should get adjustments and changes, even more so that Cursed Legacy has been released.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited December 2019
    Options

Why did you design Sanctum of Wraith this way? It is extremely dark which makes it nearly impossible to see anything, has a ton of vegetation, excessive amount of obstacles certain killers struggle to use their ability around, shack that leads into another maze tile etc.

• Afgkid
    Afgkid Member Posts: 2
    Options

Did Jon Rob create the Oni chase music?

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

What was the most challenging part of the oni to create?

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

Why the change to deep wound?

• beck__
    beck__ Member Posts: 25
    Options

I really want to do well with Oni on PS4 but his slow turning speed with demon strike makes it very difficult. Are you going to address this issue?

Maybe give him faster strike turning on console only.

Thanks.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Can you guys give us more info on the Doctor changes? Some descriptions changed and I would really like to hear how the changes are going :)

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105
    Options

Why are there still critical bugs like basement glitching and sound breaking often still being released? What steps are y'all taking to work on the infrastructure/core of the game and to improve testing?

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Due to the recent outcry at Legion's new rework, will the changes either be reverted or will they receive another rework anytime soon?

• LushyBunny
    LushyBunny Member Posts: 76
    Options

Question: Will the devs look into killers on console? Console is a huge difference from PC and while Oni may be good on pc, hes pretty trash on console.

• KingOfGhost
    KingOfGhost Member Posts: 236
    Options

Why you make DW stronger ?

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274
    Options

question: since the new map is darker than other ones, are darker maps a possibility in the future (are you guys switching to a darker lighting)?

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2019
    Options

Is the doctor rework going to actually improve his gameplay? Or it is going to merely make him more annoying to face/play?

• VulShark
    VulShark Member Posts: 3
    Options

Did Yui survived in her trailer ?

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

Will the Oni's prestige P3 be updated from the PTB version (which was basically the exact same as base outfit with the exception of the ultra bloody sword)?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Would you guys consider re-examining Spirit's post-phase speed curve? It currently feels really bad, almost like it's bugged.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Question: Why do you guys honestly thought nerfing Legion was a good idea, and when is he getting a rework too make him actually good?

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Why did you nerf Legion and buff BT instead of fixing the add ons that was the problem?

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

I'm curious, why exactly did deep wound get a serious nerf? Running really shouldn't pause the timer, it should make someone bleed faster. It.kinda defeats the purpose of Legion's power. I appreciate the fact that it still goes down when you're in the terror radius, but it gets heavily countered if I just run forever.

• aderpymuffin
    aderpymuffin Member Posts: 97
    Options

Why do you keep nerfing low tier killers for the sake of consistency and not giving them anything extra to work with? The community expressed how displeased they were with the Pig nerf yet you continue to do so with Legion anyways? I feel that a disconnect between the balance team and the community is starting to form.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    edited December 2019
    Options

What tick-rate are the dedicated servers currently running and are there any plans to increase it?

• Yoshi39
    Yoshi39 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2019
    Options

Does Kindred and Open-handed still interact like it did before? If it does, has the cap of 24m detection range been removed, or is it still present in the current build?

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493
    Options

How did y guys manage to break the game so much after this update? Even after the hot fix the wiggle bar is still broken, it does show up but only after a few seconds.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

Where did the inspiration for Yui come from? What inspired her aesthetically?

• icarlydotcom
    icarlydotcom Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019
    Options

This is a long one so get ready

Is there a possibility of a bit of adjusting to spirits vault or even a special vault for the spirit since in first person it almost seems like she just crawls through very smooth and almost even a bit of phasing as she jumps through instead of her hopping through the window like legion.

Thank you for answering my question if you see them and thank you for making a wonderful game🤠

• Françoise_Appledelhi
    Options

Is there any plans relating to an obvious indicator that The Spirit is phasing or is there no such plan for that as of now?

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87
    Options

Are theres already ETAs for the chapter 14 cosmetics?

Ps. Thank you all for the best Game ever

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

How does the DC penalty exactly works? (I know longer matchmaking, but, do they get matched with other people who DCed? And when does the penalty end?)

• MrCandyKiller
    MrCandyKiller Member Posts: 41
    Options

Is Kazan Yamaoka Rin's great great great great .... great grandfather or did Renjiro (The First Yamaoka, Kazan's Father) had other childrens that are Rin's great great great great .... great grandfather/grandmother?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Any plans for further Legion updates in the future or are you guys done with Legion for now?

• cowboydenson
    cowboydenson Member Posts: 1
    Options

Will there be a possibility that we could get a school girl uniform similar to the spirits 'top student' outfit on Yui kimura?

I get that she might be and adult but is there still a possibility? Since lots of people have thought about Rin being a survivor thanks to skemooo

• SneakyBoi
    SneakyBoi Member Posts: 1
    Options

The recent patch has made visibility for both roles too dark see but very detrimental for killer side of things especially the new map being too difficult to spot anything. Can you please re adjust this so its easier for everyone and both sides to see and if not why do you have the game like this? i feel it does not help the horror aspect in anyway (if thats what your aiming for) because it makes gameplay an awful and unfun experience when you cant see whats happening. Otherwise thank you for the work you've been doing and love the kindred change!

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Are there any plans to change recently changed killers such as Spirit, Nurse, and Legion in the upcoming patches based on community feedback? I'm not talking whole chapters away, but like the next mid-chapter or something like that.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited December 2019
    Options

The Legion changes of this patch are the rework that we were all waiting for, or a full on investigation on them is still planned?

• Adirom175
    Adirom175 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Will the Oni get a Nerf?

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75
    Options

Can you please increase the controller sensitivity? It's way too slow to be practical and there's no good reason to have it this low.

Note that I said controller and not console because I play on PC with a controller and everyone has a huge advantage over me (especially when I play killer).