Escape 5 Matches = Count Killer DC

If the killer leaves the game, you get the "Match Result: Escaped" message. Make it count toward the challenge.

Comments

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

If the killer leaves the game at the start of the match, you will have done absolutely nothing and still have gotten rewarded. It really doesn't work out.

• Sergei_K
    Sergei_K Member Posts: 43

Just got three killer rage quit in a row while trying to get this achievement.👺

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

Huh I actually have completed challenges from killer dc'ing. I've also completed a 4k challenge by having someone dodge the offering screen. Maybe it's just inconsistent...

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

Which challenge? Because if it's something you can do before the killer quits then it has nothing to do with this challenge issue. The issue here is if the killer DC's, you don't get credit for escaping.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

I remember specifically getting the Claudette escape one back in level 1 with the killer dc'ing before the match was over. Buuuuut I just had a match where they dc'd and didn't get credit for the 5 escapes (my final challenge of level 3). Weird.

But yeah it should be a thing.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

This will raise Toxicity exponentially. Because now the objective becomes 'annoy the killer until they dc', since you get a free win from it.

Lads, this is not a mechanic that is to be added for the sake of a Steam Achievement.

AN. ACHIEVEMENT. Of all things.

• Tarvesh

You mean survivors trying to survive is raising toxicity, but the killer DCing because they're not doing well is ok? The killer couldn't just DC to be toxic and deny the challenge? The reverse could never be true?

• Toxicboii

Regardless. It will still make survivors be even more toxic to the killer. I do feel that if the Killer himself DC's, Survivors gain nothing from that game. (although it might already be like that)

• Toxicboii

You didn't read this post did you?

These people are suggesting that when the Killer dc's, it counts as an escape. Meaning, if the killer DC's, it is a free win. And we all know toxicity is a thing in Dbd. People who legitimately try to survive are good people, but I'm more focused on the people who deliberately try to make the Killer dc. And as this guy suggested, if the Killer DC's, it's a win. I'm merely arguing that putting that into the game would make it worse for the sake of making ONE challenge easier. It's like destroying a house to make yourself a shed.

I never said anything that the Killer dcing is a good thing, I never said Survivors trying to survive is toxic either.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

More the reason to activate the banning system.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,068

Meanwhile I got the Unnerving Presence Challenge when a Survivor DCed in Loading Screen.

But when the Killer Ragequits after 5 Gens, nope.

• Tarvesh

I did. You're assuming the killer wouldn't do this anyway just to make a survivor unable to get their challenge done.

If I didn't read it, how could I properly respond to it?

Killers DC all the time because survivors are better than them. I've saved a few twitch games where killers were streaming and quit. There goes my challenge because the killer quits mid-game.

It shouldn't be up to the whim of another player that you don't get something done.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

The killer dced once and it didn't gave me my win. #sad

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Yeah when I was doing this challenge I had 2 killer's dc, would of saved so much time if it counted. DC's should always count during all progress. If i heal 3 health states in a game and the killer DC's, then I simply loose all progress.

• Toxicboii

"I did. You're assuming the killer wouldn't do this anyway just to make a survivor unable to get their challenge done."

Again: I was referring to if the update existed, which was "If killer disconnects, it counts as an escape", which raises toxicity to get a challenge done, or if anything, raising toxicity universally in the game, since it's a free win. Because if a Killer DC's to deny a challenge, with this update it wouldn't be possible. Besides, in the main game, if a killer DC's to deny a challenge, how would he know that the survivor was running the? Currently, the matchmaking system is FUBAR and right nor, wait times for Killer are SIGNIFICANTLY longer than Survivor. So if anything, Killer dcing would still be a downside, as the survivor can instantly get into a game in less than a second.

"It shouldn't be up to the whim of another player that you don't get something done."

That's the EXACT POINT of vs. games in the first place. One side constantly competes to better over the other, to deny them something their enemies can do to give themselves an advantage. In a FPS game, you take advantage of limited visibility through flanking enemies. If enemies aren't aware of their surroundings, they can, and possibly will die.

So, in DBD, The Killer's job is to kill the survivors, and Survivors' job is to survive. Mindgames exist so the Killer can deny the Survivors' ability to loop a killer endlessly. The Killers ability to kick gens is to prevent their completion. Survivors' flashlights and pallets are there to save others, themselves, or to buy time, which leads to gen completion. Killers can hook people, and without the rule of 'the players whim that their enemies' objective isn't done', unhooks would not be a thing, because the rule would be that you cannot interfere with another player's objective.

ALL competitive games are specifically built on this one point. The 2 sides are meant to be this way, it's not a vs. game if the objective completion cannot be denied by the other player, it's meant to create conflict, and to see who's better. If the objective couldn't be influenced by either side, then the game would not be fun. And I find it hilarious how you didn't think through that sentence, seeing as that sentence is the essence of the games itself. Conflict in games lead to your current skill to be used to try and overcome the obstacle, which is your enemy, using your skill to overcome challenges is fun. Overcoming it successfully feels good, and the opposite is a learning experience.

However, there is such a thing called "Unsportsman-like attitude" or whatnot. Those are people who deliberately abuse game bugs, people's attitude, or Hacks to win. Essentially, Hackers, Toxic/Salty People, and Exploiters are unsportsmanlike. Heck, there might be more types of people like this. If a killer/survivor DC's because someone is hacking, someone is being toxic, using an exploit to escape quickly, then them dcing makes sense, as they're stressed, and want to get out of the game, or because of some other reason. I do find it ok to DC because someone is being toxic to them, i merely find the act to be toxic in the first place to be wrong. I don't condone Toxicity. I don't condone 'deliberately dcing to deny a challenge' either. But there can be inconvenience, like you're minding your own business, trying to survive, someone else is being toxic as hell, and the killer DC's as a result. In that situation, it was the toxic players fault, not the killers. If an update that counted the Killers dc a win, you just announced to the entire toxic community "it's good to be toxic", because being mean to a killer made them dc last time, now you're rewarded for doing it!" Do you want a game where 100% of the community goes toxic to win?

This might be the longest post I've sent so far...