Kindred + Open-Handed

Has anyone tested if the new kindred coupled with open-handed extends the detection range of the killer by 8 meters? I recall there was also a cap of 24m detection range with the old kindred. Is anyone able to test and confirm if open-handed still works with kindred, and if the cap has been extended or removed altogether? Thank you!

Comments

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

It has always coupled with opened handed lol. You never did the aura build? Bond, kindred, windows of opportunity, and open-handed with a full SWF!? The open-handed stacks by 4, which is 32 meters. With bond 3, that totals to 68 meter range. Windows of opportunity 3, with 4 stack of open-handed makes 56 meter range. With kindred!!!! It’s amazing!!!! It’s a 48 meter range!!! Which makes the reverse bbq effect that kindred gives you so much better. You should definitely try it out with some friends!

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I had Open Handed but none of the other Aura perks, is it weird to run it for teammates who may be running aura perks? Even if I don't have any equipped?

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500

That explains why I see so many people doing this lately.

• Yoshi39
    Yoshi39 Member Posts: 6

Does it still stack beyond 24m? Back when it was 8m, the devs put in a hard cap at 24m killer detection range so that only a maximum of two open-handed effects would work with it.

Now that it has been extended to 16m by default, and one open-handed effect would put it to 24m (the previous and, possibly, current cap) I'm wondering if anyone can test out if the cap has been extended or removed?

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Yes its really strong rn, dont get too too excited, it caps at 24m for kindred.

• Yoshi39
    Yoshi39 Member Posts: 6

Damn alright, but it's not like anyone else will run a second open-handed anyways lmao. Thanks everyone