Survivor Perk - Dying Wish

Options
Karaage
Karaage Member Posts: 340
edited December 2019 in Creations

Dying Wish

Your way of life inspires others to work harder.

After dying, grants other Survivors 15% additional speed when repairing, sabotaging, healing, unhooking, vaulting, cleansing, opening Exit Gates and searching Chests for 40/50/60 seconds.

Edited: Upon dying, all Hooks within 32 metres range break and You gain 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Boldness Category. You are awarded Bloodpoints for breaking the Hooks equal to the amount You'd gain from sabotaging them.

Comments: Basically a Resilience that affects others after You die + AOE Breakdown.

Post edited by Karaage on

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

It's a pretty cool idea, but unfortunately I feel like no one is really selfless enough to use a quarter of their loadout on a perk that does absolutely nothing for the person using it. In practice, all it would really amount to would be a SWF buff (probably not even that, come to think of it, since an alive teammate is almost always more valuable than a speed increase).

Perhaps you could add something like bonus bloodpoints in the Altruism category, so that people are incentivised to not only take the perk but also to play the game normally and not just kill themselves on first hook to buff their team.

• Karaage
    Options

@Fibijean

Hi, I always considered old Kindred to be a selfless perk and it was still used so I think there are some selfless people out there.

But yeah, I'll think of some buff.

• Fibijean
    edited December 2019
    Options

It is for the most part, but the advantage of old Kindred wasn't so much that it helped other survivors as that it helped other survivors to help you. It gave them information about whether the killer was camping, who was closest to you geographically to go for the save, and whether anyone else was trying to save you. So in practice, its effect was at least partially a self-beneficial one, because it gave the hooked player a higher chance of being rescued, and being rescued safely.

• Karaage
    Options

@Fibijean

I added some extra bloodpoints to the perk. I still wanted to keep the activates-only-after-death theme though.

• Fibijean
    Options

Yeah, no I think that part of it is pretty cool 😊 I just thought it should also have some kind of bonus for the player using it to incentivise bringing it into a game.

• SolarFoxVB
    SolarFoxVB Member Posts: 90
    Options

Maybe you could give the survivor using it some bonus at the start of the game, like action or movement speed

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Well Balanced

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    GeneralSpudmuffin Member Posts: 311
    Options

I had an idea similar to this, but never posted it. I called mine Martyrdom, and planned on making a "self sacrifice" style survivor who was a preist.