What's One Thing You'd Bring Back?

Options

Dead by Daylight has changed a lot throughout the years. Both killers, survivors, killer perks, survivor perks, and everything else has been changed or changed throughout the years.

So if there has anything that you'd like back in the game, what would it be?

Examples if you're confused: Fast vaults always, the old Borrowed Time, The Moon Bouquets, double pallets, old insta-heals, etc etc...

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@Umbrae_pk

Hmm... well... I started in October 1st 2018... the only things that changed for me was Old DS, Borrowed Time, Fast Vaults (slightly), Old insta-heals, and NOED... I think?

Other small nerfs also but idk.

Personally, i'd really like Legion to be back to the way he was with of course a few things different... like please no to the old add-ons like Franks Mixtape... but I liked the gimmick he had where he relied on damage over hooking while also having a M/S of 4.4...

To me, he felt like a "Rush down Killer" rather than how he is now with the regular 4.6 movement speed... his power just seems like something that keeps everyone in check now, when before this was a side thing... the real thing he gave off in Pre-Nerf was the "rush down" feel he had... if that makes sense.

If felt like he was rushing down a certain Survivor (not tunneling...) and was also hitting other Survivors... it added pressure in my eyes and felt like he was unpredictable.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    Options

Yeah, you’re right. But The End Game Pig nerf was necessary.

What she really needs though aren’t nerfs OR buffs, but a whole rework.

• FireHazard
    Options
  • TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Common and Ultra-Rare perk rarities.

The current system just looks weird aesthetically and 1000 bp more or less isn't too big of a change in value IMO.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

The graphics before the Legion patch because it just seemed so much nicer.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

The hatch grab.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

Indeed, I don't know why but it just had something to it that makes me want it back.

• FireHazard
    Options

Maybe you liked it because that's the old engine the game used to run on...

Things looked a lot different before the engine switch and several lighting and aura effects were changed as well. People have adjusted to it though, so it's hard to say if anyone else feels the same way.

I personally don't mind either way, but I think the new engine brings more possibilities to the table... so... there's that.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I know this is always my answer, but...

pink perks. They byootiful.

• FireHazard
    Options

It could mostly be because of the lighting... it was kind of unique... I guess.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    Options

gen requirements for the hatch to spawn

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,494
    Options

The Moon Bouquets I really liked as you could create new game play. They were only abused by Blendettes, but that's an entirely different problem that still needs fixing.

• Unironicalygoth
    Unironicalygoth Member Posts: 175
    Options

I miss old Insta heals

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

Devs giving a darn

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

+1 to this, all the moonlight offerings actually.

Haddonfield just looked aesthetically amazing with Brightest moonlight for example. If they were still in the game and supported by all the new maps I wonder how many of the newer maps would look with different levels of lightning.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

One thing as survivor: Visible ranks in lobby.

One thing as killer: Original Tinkerer. God I miss that perk.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

the old trap set animation for Trapper.

i get that the new one is much faster, but it just looks so goofy...

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

Pink and brown perks

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Flickbilly, now that Oni reminded how fun that was

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited December 2019
    Options

Oof, uhmm...

The 40% version of Brutal Strength?

Idk, there's not much i miss, and the things i do miss will create new problems.

Or, y'know, old problems.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Being able to see the ranks of my teammates as a survivor. :D

• SaneToxinss
    SaneToxinss Member Posts: 1
    Options

The ability to see survivor ranks in the lobby. It was so useful since it let me know if I was about to be put into a game with low ranks or high ranks.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I kinda want to see exhaustion slowly recover while running again. I can see it being potentially balanced if they increased the time you were exhausted for

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

The Old Engine. ######### this new atmosphere sucks.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    edited December 2019
    Options

Gods no. Shelter Woods was horrific with a New Moon Bouquet, and could you imagine Sanctum of Wrath made even darker? I had old Lightborn on Shelter Woods with a New Moon once, and I literally couldn't see ANYTHING.

I honestly can't think of anything that was removed that I actually want back. I mean, vacuum pallets were fun as survivor, but SO broken. I definitely wouldn't want old mori back either, and NONE of the Hag changes should EVER be reverted.

I think some of the changes need some tweaks, for sure. I think the Styptic should give the full 15 seconds of BT instead of just 8, as one example.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Remove crouching to avoid Hag traps lol

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

the time when Legion wasn't a thing

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 219
    Options

The time before servers!

The time when lobbies (at least for survivor on PC) were usually under 30 seconds!

I miss when you either hit a killer with a pallet or a killer hit you before you threw it. Not both.

I don't want to go back to a time when it really sucked to be a killer, I just want to rewind to the point to where the hits felt fair and I could get into a game quickly.

Decent matchmaking would be nice too!

• ChaosMaster130
    ChaosMaster130 Member Posts: 24
    Options

3 o'clock skill checks, though not by default, perhaps as a new madness effect for the upcoming doctor tweaks.

Just more madness symptoms to mess with survivors :)

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320
    Options

Devs that actually listen to the community

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

Wait why can I see the ranks then... am I remembering this right? I swear I can see my teams ranks before the game starts.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

I bring back the Teacher from the void.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Prestige blood on the hair on Laurie and Nea.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

They recently removed the ability to see ranks in the lobby before the match starts.

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295
    Options

Better daily rituals

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

I would bring back old base nurse.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I mean I'd be fine with it if only the moonlight offerings that made the map brighter existed as well. Because I used them all the time even as survivor just because a lot of maps looked nice with brighter lightning 😄. So if no New Moon Bouqet, that's still fine with me.