We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Controller issue: how much worse is it compared to keyboard and mouse?

_LC
_LC Member Posts: 105
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

I feel like it's way worse, I would love a tool to boost the sensitivity or something like that, something to make it more precise. I am on pc, but I never played anything with keyboard and mouse so I kept using the controller. Now I have more than 1000 hours and I regret everything hahaha I'm still good at the game cause of my hours but I have to deal with so much hindrance due to the controller, it is bad. I notice a big difference in things like:

• timing when pressing buttons in chase, like vaulting and dropping pallets, I think I do those actions with a certain delay every time
  • Aim. I notice it a little bit when using flashlights and when aiming a shot with the killer. The pad can't move accuratley as a mouse, it has resistance, so the position you end up with is not precise, it's somewhere in the area you would like to be but with a certain percentage of possibility you will totally ######### up what you're trying to do.
  • turning speed

Comments

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

To be honest, for me I prefer controller over mouse and keyboard any day given that its what im used to. Whether its because ive always been a console player or because my brain just doesnt comprehend playing with a keyboard and mouse, I am not sure why. I feel like its really what you get used to. However; if you compared someone really good with mouse and keyboard and someone really good with a controller, I believe the general knowledge is that keyboard and mouse offer a certain advantage.

• _LC
    _LC Member Posts: 105

yeah of course, and I am in the same position as you, I was just so used to the controller that I didn't bothered learning the other way and now I just get frustrated whenever I notice all the little difects of the controller.

I kinda know that is not that possible, but I still hope to get an improvement on the controller in the future.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

If you play survivor that's not much difference, despite with the keyboard you can do some neat turns useful to dash hatchets, but many survivor mains use the controller. For killer, if you play on pc you simply get demolished.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

M&K is simply superior to controller as far as DbD is concerned.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I've recently started playing using a Steam Controller. Having the customizable track pad in place of a right joystick really does feel like it makes a difference. At least, compared to a PS4 (and presumably Xbox One) controller.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

Played both, literally no difference. If this was a shooter it'd have a greater impact but it's not so it doesn't.

• Nunya_Nunyabiz
    Nunya_Nunyabiz Member Posts: 30

Survivor wise no difference but sort of sensitive controls.

Killers though... Oh boy...

Aim

Button delay

Not being able to move as fast as you're supposed to( I heard about this one somewhere)

And Nurse and Huntress should never be touched on consoles unless you believe and train your skills with them(though good luck with that)

Anything else not really noticeable

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

People on consoles just want to cry and wish for mouse and keyboard support instead of practicing to be good. It would be cool if console had the option to turn faster but the sensitivity only allows so much. Gotta work with what you got.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

I use the controller on PC sometimes when I've just come off another game using it, and it's almost always a worse experience in pretty much every way.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

You're actually right as a console player myself. There's not much difference between the two and I have played on M&K. I prefer controller because that's what I'm used to.