Blood Orbs are as bad as plague’s infection

Gorgonia
Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

what is the point of playing stealthy if blood orbs are going to give you away even if you’re standing still? I would understand if you lose more blood when you’re running or performing an action, making blood orbs eject violently from your body... I’m really okay with that, but if I’m standing still and doing nothing but trying to be stealthy, hiding with Iron Will and you can still see me because huge blood balls are flying around me... then that’s a bit annoying...

Comments

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

Blood orbs are not a reliable way to track survivors what so ever. If you are that dependent on stealth then talk to a friend about going in custom to work on your awareness and looping skills.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Stealth is not a viable build anyway. Focus more on gens and chase builds.

• What stealth does against Plague and Oni is deny them their power. I've had many games against Plague in particular where I took it a bit slower and was able to avoid getting sick for the entirety of the game. The same can be done with Oni, as typically you won't see whispers being ran on him. Spinechill can prove a very useful tool for this kind of play. After they gain their power, that's when you're going to see stealth do little to nothing.

• Gorgonia

Oh, I’m good at chases and good at losing the killers too... well, until now. You can’t lose the Oni if you’re hurt xD

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

I agree, every build should be viable, but alas, they're not. Stealth builds in particular are a lot weaker compared to genrush builds or chase extender builds.

It's like saying that all killers can be used at rank 1. It's true, you can use any killer you want, but you shouldn't be surprised when you do worse playing Cannibal compared to Spirit.

• HurricanePixel
    HurricanePixel Member Posts: 7

I don't get it... you can see the blood orbs... just avoid them if you're trying to be stealthy and don't stand still if you're injured - it's not rocket science

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I totally agree. Most people like to slap on one build and think it should be viable in every case. Oh, you brought botany, we'll make it, and a medkit against a plague? That is extremely unfortunate. But said build would be very good against someone like Spirit, Ghostface, or Oni which healing is important against them.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Do you also complain about Doctor because he always knows where you are? xD

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

You can't see them actually. You can see them sometimes for a split second as they come out of you, but you can't see them laying around. I think Oni has an add-on that makes them visible to survivors but it also has a downside or something like that.

• lynelmane

I do agree that the violent nature of the spurting of the blood orbs makes stealth difficult. I'm a stealth player usually (iron will is always in my build) and Oni does make my playstyle more difficult.. the only counter is healing, which I can't do as much since I don't run self care or items (usually)

The orbs shouldn't last as long as they do as well.

• HurricanePixel

Reread what I said... if you can see them, then you know not to interact with them... if you don't, then don't stay in the same place for too long if you're injured... it's seriously not rocket science?

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Looks like we found someone that doesn't like being healed

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

You get one hit. Then you gain speed bost. Then you have multiple places to avoid Oni with pallets and exhaustion perks. Oni got you. You get unhooked. Just heal and bye?

• lynelmane

I was just responding to the fact that you said you can see the orbs when you can't. I'm not disputing you saying not to stay in one place if you're injured.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

If you're going for stealth, might I suggest self care and/or a med kit? You don't drop blood orbs if you're healthy. Though, be sure to find a new hiding place, cuz there will be a sizeable amount where you were healing.

• HurricanePixel

I said you can see them because that addon is what I thought people were talking about and making the comparison to Plague... the only time plague can see you is when she's running the addon... and you won't know if she's running it or not... with Oni you have a clear and obvious indicator if he is or not... everyone here baffles me

• lynelmane

they weren't talking about the black incense add-on or oni's add-on that shows the orbs to survivors. they were talking about the orb's existence and how the oni can see the orbs and how that affects survivor's stealth play.

the comparison to the plague was to explain how you can control the orbs spawning but you can't control how a plague uses her infection.. but cleansing against plague is much easier than healing against Oni, and even if you do heal the orbs stay on the map for a long time.

i'm pretty sure this thread is talking about oni being able to see his orbs and how that affects stealth players. survivors cannot see blood orbs without Oni using that add-on.

• Gorgonia

I think you all misunderstood the thread... but that's alright, a lot of simply came and posted to try and be funny and feel superior haha