Keyboard and mouse support for console

FrostyTurtle
FrostyTurtle Member Posts: 5

Would you like to see consoles get keyboard and mouse support so we wouldnt have to always use a controller?

Crossplay would fix any added wait times for finding games

Keyboard and mouse support for console 41 votes

Yes
53%
thesuicidefoxFibijeanEclipseDarkstarSN1P3R5G3TH3ADKenshinFriendlyMateDelsKibaraArashiNoHantacamgaming_dbdPhoxAhoyWolfpalletsryummyjasonq500Brucecastro81FilledPizzahysteriadeltasqad2005AzgarthusKeanaaa[Deleted User] 22 votes
Yes (if we get crossplay and it only connects people with keyboards to people with keyboards so its not controller vs keyboard)
24%
StevoATerribleBillyAwakeyDetailedDetrimentismeiWhTe_Tygre_DBDSilentSpectreBubbaGamesThe_Wolf_1v1boneyremains 10 votes
Maybe
9%
Hail_to_the_KingOnryosTapeRentalsMicheal_Myerspichumudkip 4 votes
No
12%
OicimauRasinbranpleasedontbetoxic117dopyinbiergebaden 5 votes

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Yes

We are going to get crossplay at some point, it would be nice to have a keyboard and mouse support for console players.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Maybe

Xbox has some compatibility with keyboard but idk about mouse.

Cause I can press a key on xbox and all the HUD turns into a PC HUD instead of the Xbox HUD..

• FrostyTurtle

I’m pretty sure they gave it full keyboard and mouse support the game devs just have to enable it. My only worry is if they give us keyboard and mouse on console with crossplay but dont make it so only keyboards play with keyboards then it will be unbalanced if its keyboard and mouse vs controller

• hysteria
    hysteria Member Posts: 62
    Yes

yes! who in the right mind would say otherwise?

• FrostyTurtle

Idk someone did vote no so maybe some people dont want keyboards

• hysteria
    hysteria Member Posts: 62
    Yes

that's stupid. m/kb being enabled for console could open up new possibilities & sh*t like that.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Yes (if we get crossplay and it only connects people with keyboards to people with keyboards so its not controller vs keyboard)

This is an "if and only if" scenario for me.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Yes

Yes. M/Kb support is native on Xbox, developers just need to enable it. If you can plug in any Dell m/kb then there is no advantage. This besides the fact that you won't see much of a difference except with Huntress and Nurse, and even then you still have to deal with less the optimal frame rates.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240
    No

No because it's possible to be good with a controller the issue is the framedrops from bloodlust and when an exhaustion perk is activated. It's the limitations of the hardware in the console itself.

Mouse and keyboard won't make someone better, if they are bad with controller they'll probably be worse with keyboard. Im tired of that excuse from my fellow console players instead of actually trying. It's an embarrassment to be honest.

• FrostyTurtle

I never said it would make anyone better it also won’t make anyone worse if you use the same thing every time eventually you’ll be good with it. I just prefer keyboard mouse for some games. I’ve never actually seen any framerate drops from bloodlust or exhaustion

• BubbaGames
    BubbaGames Member Posts: 2

I can confirm it is up to behaviour to allow the kb/m support for xbox. But for the ps4 that's a whole new story, Basically Sony has had kb/m support for about a year now. It is surprising

• BubbaGames
    BubbaGames Member Posts: 2

How the devs have not made kb/m support for dbd yet.

• ismei
    ismei Member Posts: 3

That’s why keyboards play with keyboards there’s nothing to even vote about cross play would be better for the game

• FC3962
    FC3962 Member Posts: 2
    Yes

Mouse/Keyboard support would be amazing, by the looks of it most people favour it, they need to listen to the players. I just wanna use the m/kb i bought haha!!

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Everyone else here chose basic yes and would like it to be extremely unbalanced by playing with a keyboard and mouse against a controller.