The gap between killers

Options
Dilophomos
Dilophomos Member Posts: 21
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

I'm gonna be honest here, some killers are WAY better than others when it comes to powers. There are so many options to choose from when it comes to playing killer but most of them are unreliable.

Let's compare Hillbilly and Legion as an example. Legion runs fast, can vault pallets and can't down survivors with their power. Their power also has a cooldown and missing an attack from your power stuns you. Hillbilly runs FASTER, destroys pallets and insta-downs survivors! The chainsaw has no noticeable cooldown and missing a chainsaw attack is less punishing than missing a Feral Frenzy attack. All killers should be reliable. At this point the game is screaming at you to use Hillbilly, Spirit and Nurse. I feel like BHVR doesn't pay attention to Killer mains.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,531
    Options

There is a vast gap in power between killers that's true. You don't see it in the "stats" given because all those weak killers run NOED because of how weak they are and it artificially makes them look like they're doing better than they are.

• toxic_clown
    toxic_clown Member Posts: 318
    Options

This is just a thinly veiled "buff legion" thread.

Oof.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

Billy’s chainsaw has no noticeable Cooldown? Do you only use bulb and Thompson’s? But you’re right, Billy needs a Cooldown timer on his chainsaw, it comes up too quick. Also he should only be a 110% movement speed killer.

Its unfair for Legion to be alone.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Everyone knows that.

And unlike bad survivors, There ARE game mechanic differences between low and high tier killers.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    edited December 2019
    Options

Billy is not as good as you think. Spirit or a few thousand hours on nurse.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options
  • Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    edited December 2019
    Options

weak killers run noed because (players) on those are bad xd i stopped using noed about 1,5 year ago and since then im maining both pig and wraith (arguably weak killers) and still be on whatever rank i want (i have now maybe 800h on both of them)

edit: you just have to learn how to play those killers its not just plug and play on same lvl as spirit or billy

but lately i saw more and more spirits and billys with noed and you wont tell me its because they arent in top 4 its because players likes to have 1 perk that will give them kill or even win them lategame

• Blueberry
    Options

People equip noed either because their bad or the killer is weak.

I personally think it looks pretty sad to see noed on a Spirit for example, but if I see say a Trapper running it...eh he kinda needs it and I'm not really gonna blame him.

I personally detest NOED. It rewards players with undeserved kills.

It is a "gen rush" counter of which I do like, but I don't want a gen rush counter that rewards me for survivors being lazy. I want a gen rush counter that rewards me for playing well.

For example. (not being literal here, just to get the point across) if NOED activating instead of 1 shots made a gen reactivate when the last one finishes I would like that much better. This is because then it is punishing gen rush heavily, but it's giving me time to make skillful plays, not just handing me free kills.

• Galklife
    Options

@Blueberry yup i detest noed as well and when i see top 4 killers with ruinoed i want to puke (and sadly thats pretty often)

noed needs rework but can you imagine how much big chunk of killers would cry about it?

• Blueberry
    edited December 2019
    Options

I think if we saw NOED removed that those stats they have would look extremely different. NOED is just one of many factors their stats don't take into account that artificially make killers look stronger/more balanced than they actually are. It's one of many bandaids for bad balance.

• Galklife
    Options

@Blueberry yea + those stats dont cover most important thing (to me) how many hooks killer made, because most of the time i get 6/7 hooks before 1st kill, and i know that stat would be way different with most killers here, and imo that would show kinda ballance, because 1 kill after 6 hooks =/= 2 facecamped/1hooked kills

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

He said billy is on the same level as nurse and spirit. Billy's clearly not, that's why i replied.

• Blueberry
    edited December 2019
    Options

Agreed, that is another factor.

Take NOED games out and show us the amount of hooks per killer.

Also, I wouldn't count any kills once the exit gates are powered because after that the killer will just camp whatever survivor they got because the games over. As well as once the gates are powered the survivors know they won so they just dick around swarming the killer and trading hooks. This also doesn't take into account all the games survivors just kill themselves on the hook.

I also want rank 1 stats, not just red rank stats. As we've seen from prior data they've shown, rank 1 stats are very different from overall red ranks.

There are just SO many factors that give the killer kills for these stats, but at the same time are not indicative of "balance".

• Blueberry
    edited December 2019
    Options

Are those kill rates factoring in a lot of the things we've mentioned though?

Since kills also aren't necessarily how ranking up (winning) is decided I'd also like to see those stats include pipping stats. IE 4k but all 1 hooks for a black pip can each be highly misleading.

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

I feel like people always forget that legion gives information, which is pretty powerful in its own right. Like if really useful for knowing if you have to defend generators without actually seeing or hearing them. That's what he does better than hillbilly.

Unfortunately perks are a thing so Billy can get information similar to legion with perks like infectious fright.

But I feel like killers powers are there to help your weakness as a player. Like if you're amazing at chases and mindgaming but garbage at finding people (like me because I'm colorblind and just lose survivors if they 360 me), you can use legion and get the built in tracking and slowdown, then have 3-4 slowdown perks and gens won't get done. In that situation you would need maybe 2 or 3 tracking perks on Billy and no slowdown perks and you'd be screwed.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

Some killers are clearly weaker than other.

Hag vs Trapper are common comparison but sadly wrong.

Both killers are territorial, but their trap mechanics are fundamental different. The Trapper can hurt and disable survivors with his traps, therefore need to be a bit more difficult to setup.

The Hag can build map presence with her traps, but still needs to teleport to each trap to apply that pressure.

We always should take context into account when comparing killers and powers and when you play Hag or Trapper like a Hillbilly you will be disappointed and frustrated and would think they are garbage.

Find your playstyle and compare similar killers to find your fit.

What can be argued, that some killers have a concept that doesn't work in DBD/the current meta. Killers like Legion or Plague, because survivors tend not to heal against them so their concepts lose half of their impact.

Also powers like Ghostface stalking can be frustrating, because it depends on the awareness and abilities of the survivors. Great survivors can deny you the use of your power completely.

I believe a more diverse skillpool and option for counterplay and skillexpression would be amazing!

BTW make 2 Trap Trapper base please! #2trap

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

You can have all the informations you like.

If you can't actual down someone with it, it doesn't matter.

Of course, Legion can m1 survivor like any other killer.

But the Legion needs more to be really viable.

Either the Legion needs to have a lot more freedom in frenzy mode, or dw needs back to the old state, or something similar.

The Legion basekit was already to pre patch times weak, how everyone knows, who has play with the Legion - without addons - against average survivors at least (so that you could see the basekit how it really was).

So -what we have today is a Legion that is weaker as the already too weak Legion we had before.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

should see the stats for the increase use of hex:ruin as the ranks get lower, honestly a problem when near every killer runs it to slow the gens down which shouldnt be needed, yet if survivors cant hit ruin skill checks they pretty much lose and the killer has an easy game. should look into fixing gen speed and maybe changing ruin so they dont all rely on a perk that can "ruin" not as good survivors games

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options

It can happen when someone prestiges a killer and doesn't have many perks to choose from when they start to level back up.

• Galklife
    Options

i know it can happen but most of the time those killers have all perks on 3rd lvl

+ feeling when killer killed you because he had noed 1 is ughhh so bad (since i played when noed 1 and 2 didnt had 1shot)

• Dilophomos
    Dilophomos Member Posts: 21
    Options

You misunderstand my intentions.

I just want killers to be equal.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,698
    Options

They have to be. Otherwise the killer would de-rank and their stats wouldn't be considered anyway.