Camping is insane

I have played over 30 games and each one of them was a camper sitting there waiting and if you get off the hook they tunnel you all day long. I can never get a killer that dosent camp and tunnel hard.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

When you do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Negan4891
    Negan4891 Member Posts: 53

Camping yes and no. If ne survior tbage me. I will camp them. But i dont camp. Even tho it seem like i do camp. But the other survivors runs to the hook. Tunneling yes. At the start of the match.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

What is your rank, and are you doing anything that might be considered toxic by the killer? (Flash light clicks, butt dance, etc)? Is your team farming you off the hook without BT? Are you a swf that are being jerks?

30 matches of killers camping makes me think they are either low rank or new killers, or you and your team are doing something to provoke it.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I run Kindred and don't see any Killers camping.

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152

Camping is only bad at low Ranks beacuse a killer can't rank by camping.

You are exaggerating. 30 games and all camps and tunnels? No chance in hell that happened. But it is annoying when it does.

The devs have been working to cut back on it. Great perks that encourage leaving the hook, BBQ being one of the best perks in the game, and making it so you lose points for staying near the hook. They are trying.

But rest assured, I'm a killer main and if you are toxic, I'll be toxic, simple as that.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited December 2019

It could definitely be done to where it couldn’t be abused. But at this point, as annoying as it is, you just have to use your perks against it. No different than killers having to use gen defense perks. It is what it is. When (if) the day comes where survivors are given a second objective, or gen speed is nerfed, at that point a hard nerf to camping and tunneling must happen to where that playstyle can’t happen.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

And I get looped every game. What about it?

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

DS, Unbreakable, DH, BT. There's a reason why they're meta perks.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,238

What are you considering camping? Because I haven't played against 30 campers total in the last 3 months.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

What rank? I found most camping is done in yellow. It's always hell getting out of yellow. . .

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Camping is situational depending on survivor attitudes and character I'm playing. Hag is a natural camper/tunneler. Her movement speed is so slow, that you rely on trap teleports, and a hooked survivor is a great place to load down with traps. An overly altruistic team is like picking low hanging fruit.

Ghostface is a natural camper as well. When I play Spirit, I will mindgame the crap out of people. Hook a survivor, fake my power, wait for anyone close to run over and make the save. I will also wait for the unhook and make a guess with the haunting.

If survivors are being toxic with butt dancing, pointing, flashlights and running me on an infinite, I will start playing dirty. If I'm being gen rushed, I will also start playing dirty, because the easiest way to get them off the gen is to have them trying to unhook a friend.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

To tunnel someone, after he got unhooked is not a decision made by the killer in many cases.

It is just, that he saws you, instead of the guy who had unhook you and ask yourself - what would you do as killer?

-Hunt the injured survivor down that runs around for your eyes.

or

-Hunt the healthy survivor down that has unhook someone but hides now in some corner or has come out of sight for you?

Yeah, you guess it maybe already... You will not wasting time in the time of gen rushes and where nearly every survivor wears some sort of speed perk.

You will instead hunt the injured survivor that runs for your eyes a long.

What camping matters - that is a decision the killer makes.

Some may do it, because they didn't know it better and some may even like it, but imo - the majority does it because they feeled annoyed.

Either from a particular survivor, or by the whole group.

The reason for that vary from killer, to killer, but to teabag a killer, playing like you would untouchable, looping the killer for too long, or flashlight the killer, can very often lead to heavy injuries later on a hook.

That sounds almost like one of the small texts on the boxes of cigarettes :) .

So you may validate to play healthier, next time :D .

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Run DS. Next post.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Camping is only valid when

-Survivor is being toxic

-There are survivors nearby

-Everyone keeps hookrushing

-There are less then 2 gens remaining

-Exit gates are open

Other then that camping is bad