Forums was a mistake

I think that the dead by daylight teams decision to start an official forum was a mistake.

There is so very few positive posts on here and I feel like it will spook the devs into changing the game in a way that only caters to the small % of whiners that post about how the game is "broken"

Dont get me wrong the game is not perfect but you start hearing "this killer is OP" this perk is weak, this feature is broken. Then you start making the game for the worst part of the community.

Look at data, take critique from content creators that use the game as a means of livelihood. And trust your gut devs.

Dont cater to the trolls, The salty babies that want the game easy and toxic. The ones that will never be happy and feel entitled to get there way everytime.

Comments

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

It's not the forum's fault, it's the people who come to the forum just to complain.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

It matters not what form of communication the Devs decided to give us, trolls/toxic people would exist. You cannot silence people with civil behavior and good intent/criticism because you might allow the aforementioned in.

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558

Just because people are complaining about something doesn't mean devs will change it. They'll probably consider it, but that's a good thing; the community's voice should be heard, even if the community is wrong. I trust the devs to be able to differentiate between poor losers and legitimate criticisms.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,690

If only there was some public place for discussion, a forum if you will, that you could Express your thoughts.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

This is quite a paradox. You use the forums to say the forums provide bad info on what should be changed but then that makes your opinion bad what makes you right at the same time

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Lol. I didn't look at the name. I just assumed it was Peanits responding at first.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I just used the steam forums until recently.

It's alright.

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43

I'm not stupid I understand the point of forums and get that there are many layers to this onion and that not everyone on the forums are trolls.

My point I was trying to make is alot, A LOT of the posts I see are uneducated and just not true nor realistic to the games current state or the feelings of the community at large.

I know the game has a global player base quite large and my hope is that a small portion of those people doesnt end up with the "voice" for us all.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I've had a lot of good experiences talking to the players here. I like the forums. I just tune out the excessively negative stuff; it's not hard to spot. :)

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Except the people speak and the leaders ignore them.

So it turns into a cesspool of slander and side bias with no real difference made.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

You just described what forums are supposed to do whilst insulting the people who do post positive comments

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

So many bait threads recently. Yeah before the forums i'm sure their balancing was going alright.. or were you not around for that?

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

*is on the forum, writing about the forum as a mistake*

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    edited December 2019

Ummm, well, ummm, you realize you did kinda well insult yourself right?

Considering the fact there is plenty of opposing views posted in here, not really sure how this is an echo chamber.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

"Survivors OP"

"Killers OP"

"*Place perk here* is trash"

"Fix your game"

"*Killer buff/ nerf* is ruining the game"

"Behavior doesnt care about the game and it's community"

Can't go more than 2 hours without posts like these popping up and the echo chamber going in.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

You keep saying echo chamber but I dont think it means what you think it means.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It's only natural that people on the forums talk about what needs to get changed about the game (in their opinion), not about what can stay as it is.

And depending on which roles they play, how experienced they are and how much they know about the game, some users will make suggestions that are reasonable and others will make unreasonable ones.

If the official forum wouldn't exist, these discussions would take place elsewhere.

• Thatoneguy46
    Thatoneguy46 Member Posts: 8

That's true

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

No

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

Go ahead and name a game that doesn't have an official forum

• Deathperil
    Deathperil Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019

I don't think forums were a mistake but they can be very dangerous in unexpected ways. One of which is new players having toxic first impressions. I have seen many links for various forum posts in my news feed and I would say almost all of the forums threads I have seen are negative or completely toxic. Now I know that the forum isn't just toxic try hards wanting to nerf everyone else so they can feel powerful but sadly that's whats on public display because "Thanks Devs" or "Good Job on the new Killer" posts don't get clicks.

• BushetteLyfe
    BushetteLyfe Member Posts: 27

Welcome to dead by daylight where everyone is salty.

• LetsBeFriendly
    LetsBeFriendly Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2019

I believe if their was a way to keep out the toxicity and trolls then they would have used it. There is no true way to do it and it is the sad reality of the socialite that comes with the internet. I wish there was a way to keep it civil and the outright "entitlement" that came from it away from us with civil and respectful criticism but there isnt. Not as a survivor main or killer main, but as a player with almost 3000 hours and having had the game since beta, I wish there was a way I could speak with the more civil side of players but there isnt. I knew that coming into this community and I've grown to accept it because no matter what multiplayer game I play, it will always be there.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

It definitely is. I've encountered some of the dumbest and most idiotic opinions that I've ever heard from any game on the forums. This isn't coming from a minority of the people either. It's a massive majority of the people commenting on the forums. They have outlandishly stupid opinions like the they shouldn't have nerfed Freddy or base nurse was fine or spirit didn't need nerfs. I would absolutely be fine with toxicity and the other similar things if the opinions and ideas that were being presented with them were credible or defensible in any way. Instead, we have a collective of the dumbest gaming opinions I've ever heard coupled with the toxicity and negativity. They would honestly just be better off never reading a single comment from here and just relying on the fog whisperers for feedback on the game.

• StrayDog
    StrayDog Member Posts: 25

The negative post are annoying but the Devs have enough data to know which complaints are worth looking into and which ones aren't

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Steam forum OP

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I felt inspired by your words and started to post some more but then in turn was immediately censored. So no I don't believe your words to be true.