Suicide option please

Options

Can we please get a suicide option so that we don't have to be a slug while the killer tries to find the last survivor for his 4k? I have also had a trapper who downed me as the last survivor and proceeded to just keep picking up and setting traps while the egc timer ran out. You can suicide on the hook so why not while you are bleeding out? I just want to move on to the next game at this point.

Comments

• Kotentopf
    Kotentopf Member Posts: 274
    Options

there are playstyles depend on slugging, f.e. deny hatch. Sucicide is like a free DC then.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited December 2019
    Options

No. Its cheap and denies the killer a deserved 4k. It's a free escape for the last person, and should not be encouraged. Why do you think people don't like DCers when its to the last person? It's the exact same thing.

Besides, most killers don't run Deerstalker, so you can still hide away from them so you have to force them to search for you.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

Adding a suicide option is basically asking the devs to give you a way to circumvent the DC bans.

No.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

It just seems like if it is ok on the hook then it should be ok on the ground.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

i feel the complete opposite, i dont think you should even be able to attempt hook escapes without luck increasing perks (for those who just kill themselves first hook ruining the game for everyone) this will mean you need to run perks if you even want to play like that, get rid of struggle, once again people kill themselves which ruined the whole game for both sides, just give skill checks that can award some BP or something in survival. and as annoying as slugging can be its part of the game, do feel there should be a hard cap of two survivors slugged at max personally, i know survivors shouldnt all be able to get slugged if theyre good but there are potatoes out there

• kcwolf1975
    Options

I am all for an automatic struggle phase while on the hook. As far as slugging goes, maybe instead of an instant suicide maybe they could at least let us do something to speed up the bleed out timer. It is just so freaking slow!!!

• kcwolf1975
    Options

Is it cheap? Yes, but I think slugging for a 4k is as well.

As far as a "deserved" 4k goes, that would be totally subjective. Many cases it would be, but there would definitely be cases where it wouldn't be. Maybe you had 2 potatoes that died before the last 2 were even hooked once, is the 4k still "deserved"?

Free escape for the last person? Definitely not. It does give the last survivor a much better chance, but EGC is heavily favored on the killers side (as it should be).

I play more killer than survivor, but I guess I don't care much between a 3k or 4k so I don't slug. Same goes with rank, I play for fun so I don't care about rank, I would rather play 4 games and get a 3k than have to slug for a 4k and only play 3 games.

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201
    Options

Killers just trying to pip out here and having that option for any survivor (even if they played like hot garbage the entire match and did next to nothing) to get out of jail free is more cheap than trying to not depip or black pip when you played optimally

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Just a small note: you don't need Deerstalker when you have Barbecue & Chilly perk.

So the third person (being slugged) is offten doomed anyway.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

If you are slugged and the killer is searching for the last person, the best you can do is try to get into the BBQ and Chili range of where the last person will be hooked before they are hooked. Then, hide as best you can, despite the moaning.

Sure, it's time consuming as all hell, but if you succeed you can deny the killer a double pip because they failed to kill everyone themselves.

• kcwolf1975
    Options

Any survivor on the hook has that option, that is all i am saying.

I don't care if the last person lives or dies, i don't care about a killers pip, i would just like to move on to the next game without crawling around forever.

Maybe it doesn't need to be an instant suicide, but something should be available to the slugged survivor to speed things up.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I'd be okay with the option being available after your total bleed-out meter has gone down by at least half.

• blackx2
    blackx2 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Yes, please for the god saken, I don't care either about bloodpoints or pips, after all these years it doesn't matter anymore

A free option to suicide/giveup on dying state, and just give 9999 bloodpoints + 1 kill for the killer and leave a token for mori/hooks, whatever the killer what to do

No one should obligated to play a match that isn't fun

• DeKillerKiller
    Options

No, that is literally circumventing the DC bans and punishments that are about to be put in place.

You may not have fun, but you have to stick to it to the end. I may hate OoO but the most I can do when I realize I can't do anything is go to a corner, be AFK for a bit, and then tell the survivors to leave when the gens are done.

Did I have fun? No. But did I do other things to spend my time? Yes.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

This is a good idea. I have too many games where I'm forced to bleed out on the ground because killer can't pick me up without me wiggling off. Sad

• blackx2
    Options

Soo give a option for killer kill themselves also.

It's a game, not a frickin job.

• DeKillerKiller
    Options

Yes, and killing yourself ruins the game for the other 4 players. And I wonder what BHVR would decide to do by then?

• blackx2
    Options

If the game reach a point that someone want to suicide/leave/dc, maybe is because it's already ruined.

• DeKillerKiller
    Options

Really now? I've had survivors suicide on their first hook because I hooked them before any gens are done.

I've had survivors deliberately run towards me because they found out I am playing Freddy.

I've had survivors in my own team when I am playing as Survivor willingly stop playing the game normally because they dislike what perks the killer is running.

In what way has the game been ruined then? The only reason to DC are three things: Internet Issues, Real Life Emergencies, and the game being taken hostage.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

Or because the person leaving is overreacting? Just a tad?

• kcwolf1975
    Options

I am only speaking about your last point, game being taken hostage. I know that slugging the third person isn't completely taking the game hostage, but in more cases than not, you aren't going to be able to do anything other than bleed out and die. I would just like something to speed that process up because I just want to move on to the next game.

• Raven014
    Options

It still wouldn't be fair for the killer regardless.

I'm speaking from the high rank killer perspective here, in which survivors are usually way better than killers and so they have to earn every victory.

I don't really care if people escape or not. I just think that it's cheap to add something that is punishable by the game's current standards. There are already counters to Slugging anyway: Unbreakable, No Mither, Flip Flop, Tenacity... it's not like survivors don't have workarounds for it. If you don't prepare for it, and it happens, you only have yourself to blame.

• Raven014
    Options

You'd be surprised how many times I've been the slugged one and yet they still couldn't find me on the ground. BBQ only does so much... it tells you where they are at that moment, but if they have Tenacity or Flip Flop, then it could be a pain to catch them.

• kcwolf1975
    Options

It isn't punishable if someone gives up on the hook, so why should it be if they are slugged?

• kcwolf1975
    Options

Maybe after the slugged person gives up, there is still a "bleed out timer" so that the hatch doesn't open until that goes off.

I am not looking for a way to let the last person get an easy escape, I just want out at that point and I don't feel like crawling around waiting for the killer to find the last person.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

If such option exists, then prevent the hatch from spawning for 3 minutes.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Please add a give up option if you have been slugged for 30s.

It’s honestly so boring waiting on the ground for the killer to find an immersed Claudette in the corner of the map. And for the sake of what?? 1k extra BP?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Only if suiciding while slugged keeps the hatch locked for the time remaining on your bleed out.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Why? Killers aren’t entitled to a 4K even if 3 survivors are dead, same applies to survivors if they complete all gens, they aren’t exactly entitled to escape. The game is never over for both sides.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Survivors aren't "entitled" to an escape for not doing gens AND having a teammate decide they can't be bothered finishing the game.

The survivors should not have a "let my friend uncounterably escape instantly because I got downed" button that loses the killer a significant amount of points just because you don't agree with how they're getting them.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Because it would get abused by groups. "Hey dude, i found hatch! Suicide!" Then boom, outplayed.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

Just lessen slug time. If Killer can't be bothered to hook, fine by me. I'm ready for a new match anyway. 🎉