Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Aftercare Rework

Just an idea I have in my head for a long time:

I really like the concept of Aftercare. When it comes to Survivor Aura Reads, BHVR should not creaty any Aura Read Perks, because they are all outclassed by Bond. Same applies to Aftercare. It has to get set up first and provides a Map-Wide Aura Read, which can be great. However, the fact that Hooking removes all of the work done before (especially because it needs to be altruistic actions), is what make the Perk not really useful.

What I would like to see:

Aftercare works basically the same, however, that it works for 3 Survivors is Basekit on all Tiers. So even with Tier 1 Aftercare, you will be able to see the Auras of the 3 other Survivors, when you interacted with them in a way Aftercare wants you to interact.

When Hooking, depending on Tiers, remove the Aura Read Ability for 3/2/1 Survivors, based on Tiers. So with Tier 1 Aftercare, the whole Aura Read is gone. Tier 2 will remove the Aura Read to 2 Survivors. And Tier 3 will remove the Aura Read for one Survivor.

I would suggest that the Aura Read gets lost to the Survivor(s) who is furthest away so that it cannot be obtained immediatly.

This would make Aftercare actually quite useful, providing a more consistent Aura Read on Tier 3, but still needs some Setup to make it work (other than Bond, which has a limited (but still really good) Range, but works without having to do anything before).

Comments

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

This is a pretty good idea and it looks balanced. I don't see it superseding Bond or Kindred, but it would offer a good alternative suitable for an altruistic playstyle.

While we're at it, Distorsion deserves some love too. With the amount of killer aura-reading perks and add-ons, those 3 tokens are almost useless. I suggest a mechanic to replenish tokens similar to Stake Out or Diversion.

• MongByeolBuddies
    MongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 146

I like this idea

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited December 2019

Why not just remove the "upon being hooked" penalty altogether?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Thank you!

Yes, I agree, Distortion should get some love as well. It was not that useful to begin with (e.g. Nurses Calling might be blocked by Distortion, but only if you are healing yourself, otherwise the Killer will see the other person) and with BBQ getting countered by Lockers, it got even weaker.

Not sure if a permanent, map-wide Aura Read would be too much to be honest. Even with Setup, you would be able to see everything that your teammates are doing all of the time (which would be a great Perk to close the Gap between Solo and SWF to be honest).

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Bond the best? Hah, you fool, you have activated my Trap card: Kindred buff!

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I dont think its bad. All permanent aura reading perks have a limitation; someone being on the hook, gates being powered, being injured. Aftercare's condition, to gain its full effect, you would still need to interact with every single other person on the match.

Not to mention, losing your perk's effect for something you dont have full control of isnt a good feeling. Not saying you should not be hooked, but all the buildup required for Aftercare is lost and you have to start over.