Potential fix for hook bodyblocking and agitation

So, I know that most forms of body blocking that don't break the game (trapping survivors in a permenant way, etc) aren't heavily frowned on, and are fine generally...but survivors body blocking the hook is incredibly frustrating.  As I see it,most annoying things in this game has a perk counter.  Sabo squad? Run hangsman's trick.  Keep getting hit by pallets?  Get the stun reducing perk.  You get the idea.

I think that survivors body blocking the hook has an easy fix with a readjustment of the agitation perk.  Add an effect that reads similar to "when approaching a hook while carrying a survivor, when you are within 6/8/10 meters, your anticipation heightens and attacks gain greater power, applying the exposed status to any survivors within that range"

This would buff a weaker perk and allow killers to counter as survivor action they dislike, if they choose to take the perk.  Thoughts?

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    You realise that you can chase and catch up to a Survivor even without Agitation while carrying someone, right?
    What you’re suggesting will have Killers pair Iron Grasp with Agitation and chase survivors with one on their shoulder, to oneshot and slug everyone.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Okay I just realised it’s meant to apply within range of the hook.
    My bad.

This actually sounds like a nice idea but like I said, chasing and slugging while carrying someone.
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245
    Judgement said:
    Okay I just realised it’s meant to apply within range of the hook.
    My bad.

This actually sounds like a nice idea but like I said, chasing and slugging while carrying someone.

Hey, it's all good :P
    The point is to give a perk that can more or less help ensure a hook.  Iron grasp helps you move easier, and slows down the struggle.  Agitation helps you get further in that time...but there's no good response to the survivors alk body blocking the hook
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Chrona said:
    So, I know that most forms of body blocking that don't break the game (trapping survivors in a permenant way, etc) aren't heavily frowned on, and are fine generally...but survivors body blocking the hook is incredibly frustrating.  As I see it,most annoying things in this game has a perk counter.  Sabo squad? Run hangsman's trick.  Keep getting hit by pallets?  Get the stun reducing perk.  You get the idea.

I think that survivors body blocking the hook has an easy fix with a readjustment of the agitation perk.  Add an effect that reads similar to "when approaching a hook while carrying a survivor, when you are within 6/8/10 meters, your anticipation heightens and attacks gain greater power, applying the exposed status to any survivors within that range"

This would buff a weaker perk and allow killers to counter as survivor action they dislike, if they choose to take the perk.  Thoughts?

You dont know that you verse a sabo squad until its too late. Thus, this strategy cant be countered with a perk. Its not a solution making perks mandatory to fix flawed mechanics in the game, there are only 4 perk slots

Simply allow the killer to hook from all angles, survivors got their all angle-unhook ages ago, only killers still have to go through this ######### .....

• jakeb_1993
    jakeb_1993 Member Posts: 50
    Why would you want to body block anyway, the killer will always win in the end. I don't see it as an issue. Killer can hookcamp so survivors should be able to hook deny