What is your idea of asymetrical balance?

Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Everyone wants balance, I just want to hear what everyone else's ideas of balance are.

Best Answers

Answers

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    edited August 2018

@jakeb_1993 said:
    But by the same merit when I am playing as a survivor I am in most matches where not all 5 gens are done, so the game is wrong in the wrong direction.

I think killers just need weakening so chases are meaningful. I also think killers need to reminded that generators prevention is their goal not hooking survivors. 

no killing is the KILLER'S goal and hooking is how you KILL

and are you kidding chases already last 30 seconds or more per hit, so by the time you hook a survivor for the first time most likely 2 or 3 gens popped

• jakeb_1993
    jakeb_1993 Member Posts: 50
    @holywhitetrash

That is where you are wrong. Killing is a secondary objective. To win you need to stop them escaping so you can kill... So you go for the generators first. I played several games yesterday where I did that I focused on generators, damaged them, never got into chases. I saw them. I knew where they were but I just kept scaring them away. 
    Eventually as the gens slowly came on online I tightens the noose, they made mistakes, and one by one I scooped them up. I got 4k in all games but one where the survivor had found the hatch, hats off to them for that.

The second part of this  is gen rushing doesn't exist, its just a numbers game:

At the start of the game there are 8 gens that could be fixed, and only one killer. So naturally the killer can't be everywhere at once, so gens come online easy. If the killer is focused on survivors and not gens, then yes, 3 will come on quickly. As the game carries on the number of patrolled gens gets smaller and it becomes easier for the killer to patrol. This makes the survivors job harder creating a difficulty curve. The game the gets arguably easier when the exit gates are powered but I attribute that more to lick of the draw than actual skill. Its a 50/50 chance you pick the gate the killer isn't near. 
  • holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

so you are saying you just kick a gen and just wait by it till it regresses to zero am i reading that right?
    so you are going for a 3 gen defense (which only works if the survivors are dumb enough to not fix any of those 3 gens before the last gen)

but when you play at potato ranks i guess you can just play like crap and 4k all them steam sale fresh boys

when a killer hooks a survivor he checks off one the three ticks for that survivor dying, he also stops that guy from doing any gens until someone else comes to rescue him which means the rescuer is also not doing gens for a bit

if all you do is kick gens and try to scare off survivors they will just hide nearby and hop directly back on the gen as soon as you leave and if you dont leave that gen they will just move to another gen and the entire time you are waiting at that gen the other survivors were doing gens and will pop 3 gens with you having not gotten a single hook

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I have to agree that gen defense is not a solid strategy. When  you can control the area with a gen trifecta, the game mechanics do not make it possible for the killer to prevent an activation if no one has died. I am not saying a killer should be able to, but survivors should not be able mob a gen knowing only 1 has to worry about getting the hook ( not counting situations like leatherface). I just think that in a survival horror being grouped up in front of the killer should warrant more concern
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I have to agree that gen defense is not a solid strategy. Why you can control the area with a gen trifecta, the game mechanics do not make it possible for the killer to prevent an activation. I am not saying a killer should be able to, but survivors should not be able mob a gen knowing only 1 has to worry about getting the hook ( not counting situations like leatherface). I just think that in a survival horror being grouped up in front of the killer should warrant more concern than is h