I Know Camping Isn't Reportable But Come On...

Options

I played a match against a face camping LF who did nothing but chainsaw me on the hook even as the gens were getting done. By the time I died the gates were being opened. Turns out he's a streamer and has a 2 hour+ video of him doing this same thing on YouTube and according to the title of the video, also reports angry messages he gets. Is there no action that can be taken against this? I'm playing on PS4 btw.

Comments

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195
    Options

You can control/avoid camping/ FaceCamping unfortunately

I know already know people are gonna come up in here an sayIng

β€œWELL JUST DON’T GET CAUGHT AND YOU WONT BE FACECAMPED πŸ™ƒβ€ ignore them derpfaces.

Theres honestly nothing you can really do PS4 reporting wise, unless the killer says something highly offensive/ inappropriate to you and NO not if he call you an idiot trash moron or #########. I don’t know why but people really think they can report people for saying that lol. It has to be threatened or harassment type of messages.

You can just leave match, suicide on hook, or just sit there. This are option you do have.

• StrayDog
    StrayDog Member Posts: 25
    Options

My issue isn't the camping itself or that it happened to me, it's the fact that he does it specifically to be toxic, that he clearly does it all the time and that's he's blatantly hoping players trash talk him just so he can report them. Also he's not using insidious, in the basement or trying to win. Just being toxic

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

It was countered correct by knocking out gens. Don’t give killers like this any angry messages or salt, it’s what they are looking for.

• StrayDog
    Options

That's exactly what I told my Gf who was playing with me. I was the first one he caught and she desperately wanted to save me but I kept telling her to stick to gens to punish that behavior. Luckily the two randoms were smart enough to do the same.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

Honestly, when that happens, I just let myself die. No offense to my team, but I hope he gets them too. The sooner people like that get sent to Red Rank Hell, the better.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It still isn't bannable as they are playing within the rules how they wish.

Nothing in game is toxic if its within the rules. Some do do things to trigger people but players should never take the bait. It shows a lack of restraint.

It may not have been a very fun match for those that got hooked but if they message something which the platform or devs ban for then they only have themselves to blame if they get punished.

The game we choose to play allows camping as a strat and its not bannable even if someone does it all game, every game.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195
    Options

As A Red Rank Survivor. There are too many tunnelers and campers as is. I do not wish for more of these types of killers. I would love to DeRank back to green, but ranking up is just to easy.

• StrayDog
    Options
  • StrayDog
    Options

To anyone saying that camping is a strat, it's only when you do it under the right circumstances. When you're only camping to make people mad or incite some kind of reaction, that's just being toxic.

• twistedmonkey
    Options

There is no rule against being toxic in that way. If its done within the parameters allowed in the game then its fine.

If it was tbagging or clicking the flashlight could also be considered the same as they can be just as annoying for some and will get you camped by them if caught.

It's still a game and nothing which happens in it warrants messaging someone hate.

One of the biggest dbd streamers does it now and again and has a night playing as basement face. They camp people with insidious just for laughs.

Just becasue you don't agree with it doesnt mean it should be bannable. It is what it is.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Camping is a legitimate strategy, and is only successful if survivors allow it to be successful.

• HurricanePixel
    HurricanePixel Member Posts: 7
    Options

If that's the case, try to and hope to go against him more so that way it becomes targeted and then it can be a ban-able offense I think

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

You can't simply say "if you keep going against him and he keeps doing it, it's targeted". Queues are random. It can't be targeted, especially if that's his playstyle and he does it all the time, which is what it sounds like.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited December 2019
    Options

I mean if you kept being the one he camped over several games one could argue it was "targeted".

I do the same thing. It also denies them extra hook points if someone somehow would have managed to unhook me. They lose 1000 points and sacrifice emblems. If they're gonna camp they deserve as few BP as possible.

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

No you couldn't. I never look at the names of who I'm facing as killer. Literally never. I down them, hook them, move on, down hook move on etc etc. until they are dead. I don't even have post game chat on.

It would be a broad assumption based on a hunch, and nothing more.

• Atrushan88
    Options

But that would just be your word against theirs, and they would technically have the data to back it up. Saying "I never look at the names of who I'm facing" doesn't really provide any kind of REAL defense.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    edited December 2019
    Options

If its basement i will run down start the unhook like tap it so the leatherface goes for the chainsaw then ill sprint back using sprint burst and most likely he will end up hitting the survivor on the hook and while hes stunned ill pick up the survivor. Doesnt always work but its worked a few times then i stand infront of him to stop him from tunneling. That or ill try to blind him with the flashlight while hes camping then when hes blind ill unhook depends on where he is in the basement. (Normally hes on the side where the chest spawns though).

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options
  • DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

*Something annoying happens to a DBD player*

DBD player: "is this bannable?"

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

Of course, for that data to be relevant and acceptable, the chances of facing the same killer/survivors at x rank would have to be virtually impossible.

Which we know is not the case.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I disagree. While camping is not bannable, intentional griefing someone is. And with video evidence showing he is doing it not as a strategie but to destroy the game experience of people, i would think it might be bannable.

• Cassandra_Alexandra
    Options

Has it become acceptable to camp as LF? When I questioned the last LF who camped me because frankly I'm getting tired of it, he said you do realize I'm playing LF? Oh I see so that makes it ok? What has the DBD world come to?

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

This always sucks but just look on the bright side, your team got out!

Never send salty or angry messages. You are just feeding those people and damning yourself. Why else do you think their messages are open?

You can't take action against him, but you can remember their user name and just dodge the lobby if you see them again ^^

Hope you have more positive matches!

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

"it is what it is" shouldn't be okay when it leads to a horrible game experience for everyone involved.

"it is what it is" didnt reign forever for The Nurse

"it is what it is" didnt last for Legion's moonwalk

"it is what it is" didnt last for people trying to bodyblock in the basement or elsewhere during Endgame

"it is what it is" didnt keep Mettle of Man from being reworked.

"it is what it is" didnt make Exhaustion going down while running okay.

"it is what it is" is NOT justification for anything in Dead by Daylight. Plain and simple. You should know better.

• twistedmonkey
    Options

Not really as intentional grieving is generally used for targeting a specific user over and over each and every game or working with the other side.

When you do it every game to everyone its not targeted or working with the other side.

While he may be acting toxic afterwards and getting enjoyment its not greifing in the same way as its how he wishes to play and may have always done this. How they play is still within the allowed rules.

There are many that play this exact way which wpuld then mean they should also be banned. Just becasue someone is a streamer and laugh's about it on camera doesn't make it any different from what the others do.

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

I mean, look at his perks. His best strat is camping. One of his teachables is literally made for it.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited December 2019
    Options

I just TAPE THE 30 seconds VID OF THE FACECAMPING, send a GG to have their GT for me to face camp them if I ever get to play against them, I have managed to achieve this 3 times, they sent me rage messages afterwards and I sent a vid of what they did with a "remember me?" message attached, hehehehe.

One of them replied "Karma is a B..."

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

When he stares into your eyes πŸ’œ

• twistedmonkey
    Options

This is a strat which has always been allowed and has been stated numerous times will not be bannable. If it were half the devs themselves would be banned.

Your examples are all balance changes and has nothing to do with breaking rules. The devs have made camping less viable for pipping but always stop short of really punishing for it as they have stated they want it to remain a strat that can be used if one so wishes.

• Atrushan88
    Options

Which teachable is that? It's not Franklin's. It isn't BBQ. The only one I could potentially think would have any merit would be knockout but why would you camp a slug that can't be seen by other survivors?

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

Oh, that's my bad. I have no idea why I thought insidious was a bubba perk, lol. I guess cause you only ever see it on him.

Either way, camping is part of the game. It is never going to be removed or nerfed, so you guys need to get used to it.

• JereBear
    JereBear Member Posts: 30
    Options

I mean I totally understand the issue with camping as somebody that does play survivor.

Now as killer I do occasionally use camping as a strategy, but typically only if I have a daily or a challenge that requires something specific. A perfect example being the level 3 challenge in the archives that involves no one escapes death. once you get the two survivors on the hook it's almost required for you to camp them in order to make sure neither one of them gets off the hook and escapes. I reserve camping for times like this where it serves the specific purpose. I don't camp just to be a jerk. And I never face camp unless the survivor in question was being super toxic.

As has been already pointed out, unfortunately there are a group of people out there that just camp to be rude. They are deliberately salt and don't care if they win or lose. My advice would be if your experience that attempt to escape the hook until you entered tier 2 and then let yourself die.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    Options
  • Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

As a solo queue, I have had a LF attempt to Insidious camp me as a slug, he never hooked me just let me bleed out. All I could do was continue to move around so that he would have to move thus returning his heartbeat, and quickly wiggling left and right to let all the other survivors know he was still near me.

It isn't fun but it happens.

• The_Second_Coming
    Options

Well, they more or less said they denied the idea of Kindred being base kit because it would screw over camping. So there you go - right from the horses mouth. Camping is a legitimate strategy.

• Atrushan88
    Options

I have gotten used to it. Killers hate when people suicide on hook so I do it.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

That's one weak Bubba. He should at least look his friend in the eyes while hanging out with them πŸ˜₯

• Negan4891
    Negan4891 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Face camping is bad. But camping is not. Only at the end game. Do i tunnel yes. I tunnel at the start of the game. Cuz i need to thin the herd. But i dont camp. But the survivors think i do cuz im around the hook player. But they dont relize3 that they are to. Only when i camp is when sombody bm me. But they do punish the killer camping. By making them lose blood points. Do you know the streamer name and what is it. So where i can be on alert?