Arm Flailing

Auron471
Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

What does this mean to you?

I flail my arms mostly to get my teammates' attention and get them to save me. "Hurry up plz" or "No one is coming to get me!"

Comments

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I use it as save me, now. Because when i use it as 'I'm being camped', other survivors come running to save me

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136

It means something else than "I'm doing my gymnastics because I can't do anything else." ?

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Yeah, but i get yelled at by people saying" No! It means save me! Y u dumb?! R u a noob?! Rank 4 my [BAD WORD]" I mostly get that so now i have been converted to do that. So far no one's complained to me about it yet.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Waving your arms on the hook generally means "I am being camped" as it's really the only information you can signal that can't be confused with just doing nothing because you aren't trying to signal anything.

If people aren't coming to get me, ONE arm wave helps to get attention. Repeatedly doing it says to people "the killer's come back, it's not safe" and if you're doing that to say "come get me" it's a great way to go into second stage for no reason.

Additionally it's good to give a wave when someone's close to you but they're headed straight at a trap on the ground, they may not always get it but sometimes they'll change their path, especially if they know it's Trapper.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

It used to. Nowadays, in my experience, people tend to use it more to mean the opposite.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367

When I first started I did it because I thought it was funny. Then people explained that it meant I was being camped.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

It's meant to indicate that you are being camped. I flail when the killer is near by. When the killer leaves, I raise my arms to the hook and let go.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

This is exactly how I do it and what also makes the most sense imo.

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142

Oh that’s why no one comes for me when I do it.. I usually flail my arms when I’m about to get into second state then I get their and someone else is getting chased THEN they come for me.. I used to get pissed but I guess they thought I was saying the killer was camping :/

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

This. It basically got no other use, because everyone got a weird understanding of it.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

I use it to give me something to do... that's it. I don't pay attention to it.

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102

Flailing like crazy means the killer is camping, slow hook grabs mean come get me. At least that's what i've been noticing on PS4. I miss the days where it was only used for camping so i knew what was going on. Lol

• extonjonas
    extonjonas Member Posts: 41

I feel like this was the original meaning back in the day but has since come to mean...nothing. I honestly dont think anything of it. Some times people do it because they are being camped sometimes they do it to signal that they are ready to be saved and other times they are doing it because they have been playing this game for three years and they are just bored of sitting on hooks.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It means I'm checking that my mouse button works.

• NamesCris
    NamesCris Member Posts: 30

This whole time I thought it meant "save me nobody is coming for me," Because it works like everytime for me.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I use it to warn of camping but have learned most survivors use it to try and rush people to unhook them. So now I have to tell people in chat to only use it to warn of camping.

• nickofford
    nickofford Member Posts: 105

It 100% means the killer is near/camping it always has , think of flailing as an alarm system , you want to signal danger

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

It's the universal movement for "Unhook me noooooooooooooooooow!"

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited December 2019

The flails are obviously in morse code

People do say some really weird stuf with it sometimes

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

For myself do it to signal the killer is close, dont save me.

If anyone comes towards me more fool them as it has always been that way since the game release. Some of course who joined later in the games life used it for the killer is not near me so it has lost some of its meaning but generally most do seem to get it and dont come for me until I stop.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

WHAT?! Me and a lot of my friends use this as the sign for "he's not around, come now"

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

I use it as "I'm being camped, stay away".

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I use it more when I want someone to come get me. However there is no clear indication of what it means

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I always thought it meant I'm being camped but I know not everyone uses if for the same thing, so I take it with a grain of salt. I've started twitching just for something to do now.

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156

I've used it to signal "save me!"often. However I've used it also as survivors get close as a warning. In Trapper matches, I'll start flailing if your coming through a trapped area and stop when you're in the clear.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

If someone is flailing I don't save. I assume the killer is camping.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Yeah some changed it to that scenario as they didn't know there was actually already a reason people did it and thought hey I have an idea lol then the debates started long ago.

It has always been the universal sign for camping though.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

Honestly, I don't like how loose this term is, people all interpret it differently, I think we should just get dedicated gestures that say "The killer isn't nearby, come help me !" and "The killer is camping, rush gens!", dunno exactly how they could be implemented though :P

• Coolwhy
    Coolwhy Member Posts: 12

I usually flail if the killer is close, or I’m about to go into second stage and no one is coming. If I’m not being camped I’ll usually do a long hold, but not actually try to Kobe, to say that no one is coming please save me. Otherwise, I’ll just sit still and wait for the person I see coming to get me to unhook me.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230

I always thought it meant the killer was close