Do you let the last survivor go?

2»

Comments

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

I once let a final survivor (Jake) open the exit gates and escape when I played on the Switch version. I was playing Huntress and found him on the little corner next to the exit gate. I motioned towards the exit gate and he got the hint, opened it up while I stood next to him, then motioned towards the exit when he opened the gate up. He went up close to me as if to say “thank you” and then ran off. I felt good afterwards lol

• BruhMoment
    BruhMoment Member Posts: 39

Never. Survivors never show mercy to me, so I've become a merciless killer. I don't really have a choice, anyways, since I play at high ranks. Can't risk loosing rank over someone else's enjoyment. I honestly would, but I don't feel like I have a choice as a killer. Due to them feeling so weak, I have to sacrifice at every chance I'm given.

There are a few exceptions, like when a team of two people used bloody party streamers and the other two person team quit the match within 20 seconds or so due to me finding them. I felt bad because the other survivors used bloody party streamers for everyone, and got screwed over by derankers. I didn't let them go, but I farmed with them and let them do all of the generators and totems while chasing them around. Super nice dudes, they didn't even give up after the other two quit.

Events like these are extremely rare though, I haven't had a game like that in months. In almost all of my games survivors will try to steamroll me as hard as possible, which I don't blame them for they're just trying to win the game same as me.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

The game already does that for you.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Depends

How did they play?

Did they help?

Is it a baby bill?

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

A lot of the time yeah, I have a lot of different reasons as to why I let someone get the hatch/exit (they played really well and fair, they got screwed by teammates, they had an early DC, I know them and like them, I stomped the team too hard, they're clearly an inexperienced player, etc.).

Plenty of reasons why I sometimes intentionally don't give the hatch either, though.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

for about a day once I take a break from the game for a few months

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

If the last person was clearly new/having a bad enough game they looked new, if I felt bad for them for some reason, or if they impressed me with their play, I’ll try to give them hatch.

If I find the hatch first but the above is true, I’ll close the hatch but try to give them a door after downing them.

If they were toxic or played poorly/screwed their team over, they die.

If I’m not feeling merciful in general, they die.

...more or less my hierarchy there.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I usually don't but it happens

I don't slug for the 4 man so the last survivor has the chance to find the hatch before me or open the exit gates when i close the hatch

• Zerog
    Zerog Member Posts: 27

Sometimes, when the match went really well, the chases where fun, or the survivor was cute or carried,

That being said i never allow toxic survivors who teabag and point in chases to live willingly

• Bigboifordays
    Bigboifordays Member Posts: 17

If I feel sympathetic towards the last person. Especially when I destroyed the other people. Or if im having a good day. Other wise they all die :)

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

If they were a genuinely great player who got screwed by a weak team or I didnt even see them all game until that point then I let them have the hatch

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The only time I actually let people go is if I feel bad because of a super early DC. If someone got inadvertently sandbagged or something, they still going down.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

If I got my bbq stacks and the guy wasn’t being a d!ck yeah sure

• Myers_loves_KFC
    Myers_loves_KFC Member Posts: 5

If nothing scummy happened to them, no they die. If something DID happen to them (Actual example, all 3 players disconnected with 4 gens left) then yeah why not. In that match I also got my trapper challenge done in a breeze and they also gave me bloodpoints for closing hatches and opening gates so that was nice

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I never let people go except when someone DCs or I know one teamate screwed the team.

• MarsAttacks
    MarsAttacks Member Posts: 179

Not anymore, it creates entitled survivors that's what I've noticed, and when's the last time you had any survivors let you kill them when you had a bad game.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

Never.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Yeah I do.

The Killer is the host of the lobby. It's up to me if you live or die.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338

if they were baby survivors maybe.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I used to give hatch all the time over the course of the years but stopped being kind in any way whatsoever a while ago as no one ever appreciates nice killers so I might as well go for the 4k whenever I can.

As survivor I never expect a killer to let me go (the only thing I expect is to get 1-hooked and smacked on the hook for minutes). Last time a killer let me escape via the hatch was in mid/late 2018 at Lery's.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Never. Even the Dweets and shirtless Davids.