The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can Killers be Toxic?

GT_Legend2
GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

We’ve all heard of toxic survivors, but what about killers? I understand that they do things that can piss off survivors, but can they do it in a Toxic way? And How often do you see these examples?

Post edited by GT_Legend2 on

Comments

• GT_Legend2
    edited August 2018

@Mr_Jay_Stark I agree, I don’t mind if I’m on the hook when the exit gates are open, I EXPECTto be camped, but hitting me on the hook is a bit too far

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Examples of Toxic Killers:

Massive TR Doctors on The Game map.

Doctors that do nothing but shock and refuse to melee.

Full on face campers 2 minutes into the game.

Chugga chugga choo choo tunnel killers.

Killers who dc the moment they see what offerings were tossed up or just dc the moment the round starts in general.
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    I wrote a semi-long post and it got deleted after I edited it. :(:(:(

But yes, they can be toxic. Spamming attacks, watching me bleed to death (when hook is near), nod etc. They get salty just like survivors sometimes but at least they don't text me after the game is over.

I still think survivors are much more toxic.
  • Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

just my 2 cents after a few days playing this game as a killer. Stop whining when you get killed by a KILLER!
    The one job the killer has is to kill you not say hi have a nice day and wave you off into the sunset!

• Khroalthemadbomber
    @Killigma allow me to rephrase myself lol.

A Doctor that plays an offering for The Game with massive terror radius and increased static, along side small skill checks and other such stuff and does nothing but stay in treatment the entire time, without hooking anyone.
  • Eveline
    Do I deserve hatchets throwed in my face while being hooked for being a respectful player? 

Does toxic behaviour from both sides breeds more similar behaviour? When I first started I rarely encountered killers like these but last few days it's the norm. What gives?
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

If tunneling is toxic, then gen rushing is toxic.

IMO there's 2 main things killers do that are toxic, which is full on face camp and toxicity at the end of the match in chat.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    I will state the only "toxicity" I generally display in matches is burying farmers. I drop the person that they just rescued to beat down his altruism emblem and then put chase to the jackass, allowing the teammates to heal up the farmed person.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Killers who dc the moment they see what offerings were tossed up or just dc the moment the round starts in general.
    I have to disagree with the doctor to part and the tunneling part. Both are viable strategies/builds that when played right give killers the chance they need. I have never tried Impossible SC doc but don't you worry I just need to get the right build.
  • TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

@thekiller490490 said:
    Khroalthemadbomber said:

I have to disagree with the doctor to part and the tunneling part. Both are viable strategies/builds that when played right give killers the chance they need. I have never tried Impossible SC doc but don'tT you worry I just need to get the right build.

I agrea.

Also with that said their is not a clear definition of what entails toxicity among killers. To some if you camp what so ever (even if gates are open) - your toxic. If you play a huge TR doc - your toxic. If you tunnel at all.. your toxic. These are some of the things mentioned which I don't agree with, but get labeled toxic by some.

In my opinion Tunneling, a Build , Camping is not toxic. Many would say the 3 get strat is toxic and I disagree here too.

The doctor who shocks you I need more clarification, that sounds like hes throwing the game if hes refusing to slug ya.

What I do find toxic is rude behavior in the post game chat. Body blocking a basement to just hold the game hostage. Hitting some one on the hook repeadedly or if you have a chain saw reving it in a hooked players face. Ect.

There are ways to be toxic as a killer... but its important to remember not every one shares a similar concept on what entails toxic behavior as the killer. Many common strategies get labeled as toxic by players... which i personally find ignorant. For example a tactical camping/baiting is often lumped in with face camping. Not the same but to some just as offensive.

• davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    Yes killers can be toxic.

camping and tunneling. Slugging. These are toxic strategies. They are still strategies though. This game was designed to allow and even often encourage toxic behavior. Even in the initial release trailer, they show a survivor being toxic.. she runs from someone who is stuck in a bear trap. When approaching another survivor on a hook, she ignores it and climbs in a locker: the most useless place in the game for a survivor to be.

long story short, this game's design is meant to grief others. Choosing not to be toxic is noble. Sportsmanlike behavior is my personal persona. I can enjoy being a killer without practicing camping or tunneling. If you have to be toxic to enjoy a game, there are many single player games out there. I would suggest one of those, because I don't want to play with you and no one else does.
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Of course.

You just see more of it from survivors.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@GT_Legend2 said:
    We’ve all heard of toxic survivors, but what about killers? I understand that they do things that can piss off survivors, but can they do it in a Toxic way? And How often do you see these examples?

Of course, you can hit someone on a hook or you can even tbagg with pig e.g.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    You can be toxic on both sides of course. I have to disagree with some of the points made though. I don't think slugging is toxic. The example of slugging and following the person is just weird. Slugging has it's strategic uses. Camping is a bit more questionable to me. If they're full on face camping it's generally just bad strategy. If they're patrolling (something people often mistake for camping) that's just a strategy. Tunneling while not a nice thing to have happen to you is also not really toxic to me. Getting rid of a person early will help your chances as a killer. It sucks when it happens to you, but you can't blame the killer for killing. 
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264

How is tunneling toxic? If tunneling is toxic then doing gens is toxic.  
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Eveline said:

But yes, they can be toxic. Spamming attacks, watching me bleed to death (when hook is near), nod etc. They get salty just like survivors sometimes but at least they don't text me after the game is over.

I've had that happen to me, too. Not fun.

Spamming attack while they are on the hooks (a few times), at least to me is my tbag essentially. I don't do it often, but when I do, it is well deserved.

I honestly nod to give props for someone who did well. Might explain some salt I've had thrown at me. Not like there are many ways to communicate as a killer.

@Khroalthemadbomber said:

I've had a few doctors that were very eager to shock, but I think that's more of a strategy on their end. They want as many survivors on madness 3 as possible, so if they DO lose you, they can find you again without too much difficulty.

Campers and tunneling, 9 times out of 10, are not toxic, but a strategy choice. A choice you may not like, but a valid tactic that works. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is my motto when it comes to choosing my targets.

And yeah, DCing in general (unless a legit "lost connection, internet had a spasm") is extremely toxic behavior. I've had killers DC as soon as they saw I burnt a secret offering as a survivor. I've had survivors do the same, as a killer. I've had survivors DC during a chase when I found them within the first 30 seconds. DCs are the bane of this game.

• GT_Legend2
    Chrona said:

I honestly nod to give props for someone who did well. Might explain some salt I've had thrown at me. Not like there are many ways to communicate as a killer.

I usually nod as killer when I am particularly pleased with getting a survivor on a hook, or just to mess around with Myers 
  • Khroalthemadbomber

@Spiritbx I'm meaning like the killer is across the map and comes back, specifically to take down the person recently unhooked, ignoring everyone else and all other objectives. I'm talking pitch black train tunnel levels of tunneling.

• GT_Legend2

@Spiritbx I'm meaning like the killer is across the map and comes back, specifically to take down the person recently unhooked, ignoring everyone else and all other objectives. I'm talking pitch black train tunnel levels of tunneling.

What if that person is Toxic? what if there’s one gen left with zero sacrifices? What if there’s dying light/Remember me?
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264

Why should he go for the other people though?  The killer currently has no incentive to not take someone out as early as possible. Should survivors have to bring all gens to 99% before being allowed to finish them?
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Eh maybe I'm too nice of a killer main then. I've got a set of rules I follow and govern myself by that I do my best to adhere to. The idea of strictly focus down one person and ignoring everything else seems not only moronic but exceptionally toxic.
  • Eveline
    @meshugganah

So I should teabag every killer because some killers are toxic to me as well. You don't need to be rude to everyone if someone is being rude to you. That will only make dbd worse.
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Well they can be toxic but nothingto really change the game.I dont consider camping toxic because its not abuse of anything and it helps survivors so i guess spamming mori on someone without going through it fully.

• Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99
    Yes, hitting a hooked survivor for 3 minutes straight is one example of a toxic killer. It annoys the heck out of me and makes me so angry when killers do it. Or extreme tunneling like ignoring every survivor even injured survivors that are directly infront of the killer because he only wants that one survivor and chases them non-stop throughout the whole game even though the survivor was not toxic and there was no gen rushing. 
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I seem to go against a toxic leatherface from time to time (literally the only killer that actually has either a toxic or boring gameplay when any of these are applied, not talking about those who play him normally) and besides him staring in my face, slapping me 1,000 times he also likes to do a little dance with his chainsaw for me.. Just to make me feel comfortable. And he knows I don't feel comfortable with it.

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2018

Eh maybe I'm too nice of a killer main then. I've got a set of rules I follow and govern myself by that I do my best to adhere to. The idea of strictly focus down one person and ignoring everything else seems not only moronic but exceptionally toxic.

I play the same way. I don't tunnel people if I have another target, especially fresh off hooks. I don't camp and leave the area asap except when I detect another Survivor in the area. When I have a rage quit I let one Survivor go unless they were a toxic butt hole.

Edit: I still get accused of toxicity even though I follow these rules.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Playing doctor is toxic.

I have had killers camp me because they had a hard time catching me, while camping me they would continously hit me. I see that as toxic, but if I am in a swf I don't care, I just tell my buddies to rush generators and guide them towards each other so they can do it faster. ^^

Face camping is toxic. Tunneling someone down with 5 gens left to be done is toxic.

After game chat is usually also toxic if the killer completely loses. (Blaming their loss on every perk, every item they can.)

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89

@Chi said:
    Playing doctor is toxic.

The entire Killer?

• Chi

@Kilrane said:

@Chi said:
    Playing doctor is toxic.

The entire Killer?

Yes. :p
    Although that is a bit more of a personal thing, the more I play this game, the more I hate playing against the Doctor. :p

• Master

@Spiritbx said:
    Khroalthemadbomber said:

How is tunneling toxic? If tunneling is toxic then doing gens is toxic.  

Apparently doctor with large terrorradius is toxic too

• Master

@Eveline said:
    @meshugganah

So I should teabag every killer because some killers are toxic to me as well. You don't need to be rude to everyone if someone is being rude to you. That will only make dbd worse.

We have passed that line already, it doesnt matter anymore.

• Master

@Chi said:
    Playing doctor is toxic.

I have had killers camp me because they had a hard time catching me, while camping me they would continously hit me. I see that as toxic, but if I am in a swf I don't care, I just tell my buddies to rush generators and guide them towards each other so they can do it faster. ^^

Face camping is toxic. Tunneling someone down with 5 gens left to be done is toxic.

After game chat is usually also toxic if the killer completely loses. (Blaming their loss on every perk, every item they can.)

If tunneling a survivor is toxic, is tunneling gens toxic too? Just curious

• Eveline
    Lol in the last game we were up against the toxic huntress who once trapped me where I couldn't get out and tried using me as target practice, she missed every shot which was hilarious. 

At the end we couldn't escape cuz she used noed. She left me laying on the ground to chase someone else and after she hooked her she came back to bully me. I crawled a long distance and I was approaching a hatch, she was desperately running towards me too. I escaped just in time when she got to me. 

I had such an adrenaline rush and I feel I was blessed by some karmic justice. :lol:
  • Chi

@Master said:

@Chi said:
    Playing doctor is toxic.

You are comparing apples to potatoes right now.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Of course.

Yeah because maths: 4 survivors per killer

• Master

@Vietfox said:

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Of course.

You see way more toxic survivors, even if you take that 1:4 thing into account

• Master

@Vietfox said:

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Of course.

You see way more toxic survivors, even if you take that 1:4 thing into account

• Master

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:
    Playing doctor is toxic.

How is it different?
    Both sides can decide to complete their objective as efficiently as possible and work first on the same objective to complete it and then switch it.

Or did I miss sth? Did I misinterpret the definition of tunneling? Please enlight me

• Chi

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:
    Playing doctor is toxic.

How is it different?
    Both sides can decide to complete their objective as efficiently as possible and work first on the same objective to complete it and then switch it.

Or did I miss sth? Did I misinterpret the definition of tunneling? Please enlight me

Both sides objectives are different and can be obtained differently. You can't compare the two, it is literally like comparing apples to potatoes.

• Master

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:

@Master said:

@Chi said:
    Playing doctor is toxic.

How is it different?

Both sides objectives are different and can be obtained differently. You can't compare the two, it is literally like comparing apples to potatoes.

They are really similar
    The most efficient way to play killer is by tunneling survivors, the earlier you remove one survivor from the game, the better.
    The most efficient way to play surivivor is by tunneling gens, the earlier you knock out your gen, the better, its saved and cant be taken away by the killer anymore

Tunneling is annoying for both sides of the equation.

You just gonna say apple and potatoes or will yuo bring any arguments too?

• GT_Legend2

@Master said:

The most efficient way to play Killer is by tunneling survivors, the earlier you remove one survivor from the game he better.

This is true, In all my games this works very well.

• Master

@GT_Legend2 said:
    @Master said:

The most efficient way to play Killer is by tunneling survivors, the earlier you remove one survivor from the game he better.

This is true, In all my games this works very well.

Yes of course, its common sense.
    Survivors cry about it all the time, but they are never able to deliver another strategy thats as efficient as tunneling

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Chrona said:

@Eveline said:

I've had that happen to me, too. Not fun.

Spamming attack while they are on the hooks (a few times), at least to me is my tbag essentially. I don't do it often, but when I do, it is well deserved.

I've had a few doctors that were very eager to shock, but I think that's more of a strategy on their end. They want as many survivors on madness 3 as possible, so if they DO lose you, they can find you again without too much difficulty.

Campers and tunneling, 9 times out of 10, are not toxic, but a strategy choice. A choice you may not like, but a valid tactic that works. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is my motto when it comes to choosing my targets.

And yeah, DCing in general (unless a legit "lost connection, internet had a spasm") is extremely toxic behavior. I've had killers DC as soon as they saw I burnt a secret offering as a survivor. I've had survivors do the same, as a killer. I've had survivors DC during a chase when I found them within the first 30 seconds. DCs are the bane of this game.

AND 5 FPS MAPS TOO. il dc in shelter woods and the autohaven shop.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

every site has toxic plays.
    for killers it would be stuff like: hard camp, tunnel, continuously hitting a hooked survivor (unless you are using Bubbas chainsaw to do that. You just gotta love Bubba :3 ), bodyblocking them for a long periode of time and let them all bleed out.
    i wont start talking about the massive load of nerfs that hit this toxic playstyles, but they still exist (unless facecamping. RIP facecamp, you will never be forgotten!).

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Clown's mori cancel is pretty toxic.

But I get a kick out of it whenever it happens for sure.