Why do killers do this?

me_mad
me_mad Member Posts: 15
edited December 2019 in Off-topic

So I just went up against a Ghostface who relentlessly tunneled, without reason. No one teabagged, no flashlights, right when we start the game he’s tunneling. I get unhooked, he goes for me until I die, he won’t stop chasing me unless I’m dead. I’m hooked a second time but he went to chase someone else hopefully. Nope he comes right back and I get unhooked and he hits me, but borrowed time saves the day. I run away and I could only get so far. I die, 1 generator left, and he tunnels the next guy he sees. Why? Why tunnel people right off the bat when there’s other people doing generators, trying to get Boldness points, and it made sense when he was a rank 10 in a purple rank lobby, (rank reset had just happened) but the worst of all is that he had a Gruesome Gateau! What a waste! Not really salty but confused to why some killers do stupid stuff like this.

Answers

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Some people just like to tunnel?

That play style might be boring for most of us, but there are some who prefer to play that way.

That's why you should always run DS and BT to protect yourself and others.

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2019

BT and DS will only get you so far most of the time. At the end of the day this is the Devs fault for not doing more to discourage this type of gameplay. The hooktime should go slower the closer the killer is to the hook and maybe faster than current if they are across the map. GIVE THEM A REASON TO LEAVE. This is really such an easy fix and such an obvious issue, but its really just pathetic they have never addressed it. I don't even have a problem with tunneling so much but the fact that they just wait and are right there when you get unhooked I do have a huge problem with. This completely ruins the game for many survivors and it ruins what is mostly otherwise a pretty fun and fair game to play. Be it bloodpoints be it the speed of hook progression DEVS need to reward killers who leave the hook and punish those who don't. Its just that simple. This would go a long way towards fixing the issues, but some would still to do it just for the trolling factor, but at least they wouldn't get rewarded as heavily. In summary the devs don't care about the terrible inconsistent gameplay for survivors as evidenced by the fact that this still hasn't been addressed in any meaningful way even after 3 years. They either simply favor killers that much or they just don't care. I don't think survivors are entitled to survive, but I don't think we are entitled to a fun at least somewhat fair match if they have to buffer killers in some way to balance this out GOOD. But this gameplay needs to be eliminated I'm sure many people get frustrated and quit over it as I have stopped playing several times over the years specifically because of this issue and I've promised myself not to spend any more money on the game until this issue is addressed even if I do keep playing.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

for the epic win