The DC penalty threshold MUST be lowered

Disconnects are getting out of hand as of late, evidenced by numerous posts and threads. Obviously, the current system is not punishing enough, the players don't fear it.

I haven't had a single game tonight that didn't have at least one if not more disconnects. At this rate, I will stop playing Survivor as I'm tired of trying to win 3v1 games with 5 Generators.

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Rank reset just happened. It's the best opportunity to downrank. Less to do and the monthly percentages just reset.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Rank reset just happened. It's the best opportunity to downrank. Less to do and the monthly percentages just reset.
    Theres also the fact that lower rank players tend to disconnect more, and at reset you get put with more of them.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited February 2019

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/319894/p1

First time you DC you get a pass, maybe your internet played up.
    Second time it should be a 15 minute wait before you can get back into a lobby.
    Third time and it's an hour wait to get into a lobby.
    Fourth time a 3 hour wait.
    Fifth time 24 hour ban.
    Any following disconnections then result in another 24 hour ban.

(resets after a day without disconnecting/disconnection penalty)

I think that would work.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Give players more motivation to not DC is the better solution imo
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Tell me about it. I played three rounds of killer and each time 2 survivors couldn't git gud and disconnected. I'm not even that good of a killer.....
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    If you're gonna DC you need a time out for being a naughty nugget and sit out for an hour. 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/319894/p1

First time you DC you get a pass, maybe your internet played up.
    Second time it should be a 15 minute wait before you can get back into a lobby.
    Third time and it's an hour wait to get into a lobby.
    Fourth time a 3 hour wait.
    Fifth time 24 hour ban.
    Any following disconnections then result in another 24 hour ban.

(resets after a day without disconnecting/disconnection penalty)

I think that would work.

@AlwaysInAGoodShape
    So, if my game crashes, shouldn't the game know it screwed up and doesn't punishes me?
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited February 2019

@Nickenzie

I think the game can know whether it has crashed or not.
    If for example after every match it returns a certain function but is unable to do so, then it knows something went wrong. (Similar to how unreal engine knows it crashed when it gives you a crash log)
    It's possible that such a thing also successfully works when you unplug the power. But if you have problems with electricity, then that might mean no DBD when it turns back on.:P

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Vietfox said:
    I gotta disagree, as long as people DC because they missed DS or got their totem cleansed they can gtfo and uninstall DbD tbh.
    I know right ? I was just playing a match in red forest where I popped the first gen on the back porch of the main building and right as it popped the trapper was right there, I dropped a firecracker and balanced landing away and he DC immediately, 1 gen was done his ruin was still up and he had noed for the endgame  but decided to quit... I really don't understand why these people play the game if they're going to quit the second they don't like something that's happening, he totally still had a chance to get a 4k and threw it out because he got blinded 1 time and his feelings got hurt
  • NMCKE

@Nickenzie

I think the game can know whether it has crashed or not.
    If for example after every match it returns a certain function but is unable to do so, then it knows something went wrong. (Similar to how unreal engine knows it crashed when it gives you a crash log)
    It's possible that such a thing also successfully works when you unplug the power. But if you have problems with electricity, then that might mean no DBD when it turns back on.:P

@AlwaysInAGoodShape
    Good, because sometimes the game actually screws up.

LINK:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/37090/bug-list-bugs-ive-encountered-thus-far#latest

Look for "attack DC Bug"
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited February 2019

@Nickenzie

https://xboxclips.com/NMCKE/4468d623-7407-4989-a65d-12354dded93b

I don't know what perk that Meg has, but I want one.

• NMCKE

@Nickenzie

Decisive DC: (Very Rare Meg Perk)
    Whenever you're about to get attacked by the killer, use the active ability button at the exact moment you take damage to crash the game and award you with 32k bloodpoints.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Of course there would need to be a more or less failsafe system to distinguish actual disconnects from pulling the plug, but that should be do-able.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Nickenzie said:
    AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

@Nickenzie

Decisive DC: (Very Rare Meg Perk)
    Whenever you're about to get attacked by the killer, use the active ability button at the exact moment you take damage to crash the game and award you with 32k bloodpoints.

xD That caught me off-guard

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited February 2019
    @Vietfox said:
    I gotta disagree, as long as people DC because they missed DS or got their totem cleansed they can gtfo and uninstall DbD tbh.
    I dropped a firecracker and balanced landing away and he DC immediately
    You toxic survivor main lol 😂😂😂
    I bet these DCers do kinda the same when playing single player games. Save every time they can and load when things didn't go their way.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Vietfox said:
    @HavelmomDaS1 said:

i've had people DC for falling for basic mindgames
    it's getting pathetic

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    I watched a well known streamer the other night try loop a huntress in the shack, the huntress totally outplayed him/her and hit him/her through the window with a hatchet, normal hatchet. It was an amazing shot. Outplayed, the streamer DCs. Salty and crying because he/she got owned by a very clever huntress.

People see this and think "if its ok for this big streamer to dc its must be ok for me". Theres no punishment, no timeout. Instead he/shes invited to DBD headquarters in March to meet the devs and other streamers. Has previous and this is only one example of his/hers many many DCs due to saltyness. 

People dont care anymore because they dont fear any punishment so we're seeing the number of DCs rising and getting worse. If theres no punishment people will abuse it and abusing it they are. 

Have a nice day. 
  • i just got 53 min ban for a game crash, the loading screen got frozen for more than 20 mins and i had to force close the game, seems your dream came true at the cost of make others suffer.

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195

You don't get that high of a penalty for a single DC though.

• this same can be said now in the opositte, now killers can be as toxic as they want because they know survs get banned if DC, this last 2 days i see all killlers doing facecamp and tunnel to death + pink mori, just because they dont fear be punished by survs with a DC, so they just are the most toxic possible with the hope survs give up and suicide, and if not just pink mori they. They now can also nake survs their slaves and force them to do engines, then destroy the engine and force they to built the engine again in a infinite loop of farming, because survs cant DC anymore against toxic behaviours on killers.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

Sheesh, did any of you wonder that players are trying to firsthand experience the limits of the ban etc? I believe the ban is not live right? They are implemented from 17-19 only, maybe thats why

• TheNormalizer
    TheNormalizer Member Posts: 113

WHY DID EVERYONE NECRO THIS THREAD FROM FEBRUARY

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

Didnt even notice that, just saw half the ppl talking it in were banned and figured the thread must be super touchy, lol.