Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

For the love of god, keep the DC penalties going.

KeepDCPenalties
KeepDCPenalties Member Posts: 47
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

It has been SO NICE to be able to play consistent red-rank killer games, and not have everyone DC the second I either:

Slug 2 people

Tunnel a particular annoying person

Mori anybody

Hook anybody

Damage anybody

Use NOED in any form

Stay near hooked survivors in anyway

I can actually stay at rank 1 and not constantly de-pip every few games because people get salty over something I've done. It is so ######### nice and I'd really hate to see it revert back to what it was before. DCing should never be a normal part of the game, and up until now that is all it was. Anything remotely "unfair" in a survivors mind, and they would instantly DC. I am fully aware that people can kill themselves on hook, and that BOTHERS ME NOT ONE BIT. Do you know why? Because I can, at the very least, safety pip because I still got the points for the game.

The complaints I see constantly about how "the game is bugged half the time" or "the killer holds the game hostage" just seems like people grasping at straws, desperately not wanting to be punished for DCing. I always find it a bit odd that there is almost never any video proof of anything like that happening, it is all just word of mouth. You'd think if these "widespread" gamebreaking bugs plagued a huge amount of people constantly, you'd see a ######### ton of video of it, but you never do. That is because it is not wide spread in any sense, and it is just another excuse people are trying to push forward in order to hold on to their right to DC.

End of my tangent, but I don't think I can go back to playing without these penalties. It's an entirely different game where people can't exit the lobby menu to ######### over someone because they got mad. I'm all for fixing bugs and making sure people don't get penalties for game issues, but this is definitely something that should stay.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

So I’m at a level in the time where you gotta hook 4 survivors in the basement but I feel survivors are onto that and DC every time I attempt it. I’m also on console. Am I just SOL?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

im a survivor main and can not wait for dc penaltys to come to consoles

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

it isnt, the Devs are should of released a PTB and allowed players to volunteer to test the dc penalty bans and maybe as an incentive to participate reward 500,000 BPs for participating in it for a certain amount of hours.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

@Sairek

Keep in mind that this is a testing and not final yet, you do probably know that dc penalty had to finally come to town.

• KeepDCPenalties

So far, we have 1 confirmed case of this happening to one person, with no evidence of it occuring again leading to a worse ban than exactly 1 minute. Yet "YOUR FEELINGS AND OPINION ARENT WORTH PENALIZING INNOCENTS". Which, interestingly enough, I can throw back at you. Your feelings and opinions over very few cases of bugs causing DCs is leading you to want the removal of the DC penalty system, which in turn would penalize all the innocent people who try to play this game normally, and are screwed over by those who DC. Shame on you!

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

Yes, one confirmed case. That must by why the devs, during the stream, acknowledged it was happening. Cause of one person.

Okay. Makes sense.

Give yourself a pat on the back for making sense.

• KeepDCPenalties

It isn't uncommon for someone to upload a video of a never-before experienced bug, and have it listed out in the patch notes or on the streams. Stick around a bit more and you might see it.

You still continue to not come up with any sort of defense for your points, which is leading me to believe that you can't find a good way to defend them without making yourself sound stupid, which is fair I guess.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Don't you just love it when you're forced to DC because a survivor bugged out on a hook and won't die to the end-game collapse?

Cause I sure ######### don't like to be punished because BHVR has no ######### idea how to fix core game issues, let alone game-breaking bugs.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

That was so predictable that this was going to happen. Obviously, a dc should count as a sacrifice towards the challenge.

• Mc_Harty

Of course he thinks they don't exist, read his name.

He literally just created an account to post this thread.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

I mean I originally supported the system because I hate habitual ragequiters, but after playing throughout today I have had the game crash / get stuck 3 times while loading, putting me at a ~30 minute soft ban.

There's also been plenty of times I loaded into a match and a survivor didn't, when there was nothing worth dodging, making me think they probably crashed while loading and also were eating DC penalties.

• KeepDCPenalties

You literally just posted more screenshots with no proof to back up your story behind it. You never learn..

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Agreed. While I mostly run into survivors who DC and ruin the game for their team and myself (either side) I can imagine it will be nice to know that a killer DC is not going to just screw over the survivors now.

Well that is assuming we get console bans soon-ish.

• SammyWasabi
    SammyWasabi Member Posts: 89

I can agree the bug where I am involuntarily forced to DC is annoying and sometimes the game will just disconnect me. Leaving me with my growing penalty, for no reason.

It's not that rare OP

• The_Werewolf
    The_Werewolf Member Posts: 30

Personally I think the option to "leave game" should be disabled during certain situations, like how in certain TCG video games you can only surrender on your turn when before or after card activation/interactions, so in this case, I 100% agree with being unable to leave the game while being carried or on a hook (maybe even dying, so you can't leave right before getting Mori'd) and actually force disconnect when the game has you trapped b/c of bugs. Or I guess "leave game" could be changed to trigger the Endgame Sacrifice pre-endgame, so you actually are giving the killer a sacrifice in return for choosing to leave the game early.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited December 2019

I've been forced to DC many times because of a bug where the killer catches me, which if you knew how good I am doesn't make any sense (basically I make noob3 look like a drunken labrador helplessly smacking its paws against a keyboard)

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    edited December 2019

I can't wait for it to be on PS4!

It is funny how many people are crying that they shouldn't be punished for bugs and crashes. Really? You DC 5+ times because of bugs and crashes in a day? I call BS.

If people didn't abuse the game in the first place we wouldn't need these penalties. Its sad... but I have my games ruined multiple times a night from people DCing because they got hit ONCE or hooked ONCE. Heck, Killers DC as soon as Ruin is blow. It is very frustrating when one person has a tantrum and ruins the game for 4 others...

My games ruined by crashes or bugs are far and few between. The problem is people's behaviour, not the game.

Edit: As a side note someone mentioned in another discussion a 'rejoin match' option for those who do DC unintentionally. Not sure how difficult it would be to add but it help people avoid the penalty when they didn't mean to leave.

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102

I thought i was the only one, i played 8 matches last night and depiped to holy hell because every match the first guy would go down and instantly DC then every one else would DC. Me vs the killer 1v1 with zero gens going. I escaped a few times from the hatch and had a few killers give me the hatch and thank me for not being childish and dcing like everyone else. I dropped rank hard last night due to all the dcing. Can't wait for the penalty to go live on the PS4!!!

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

They only have to wait for a minute, which is nothing. The DC penalties are progressive, so people abusing it will get sidelined for longer.

• tortrader
    edited January 2020

//

Post edited by tortrader on
  • KeepDCPenalties

That is what I've been trying to explain to this guy over and over, but he never learns. The game should cater to the majority audience, not the few people who "CONSTANTLY" crash even though the majority of people never run into a single bug in all of their play time.

• The_Second_Coming

This is a joke thread.

• tortrader

Either there are bugs, which will effect everyones' games, or there is no bug and some people have problems with their setups.

Since I'm not experiencing DC bugs and neither are most people, then I have to reason it's the latter.

I used to have problems with my M1 hits not being reliable. I tried a few things and eventually found I needed to adjust my desktop resolution. I might have said there was a bug, but most people didn't have this problem. It was my PC setup.

• The_Second_Coming

Your entire post is rendered dribble by the fact that the devs have openly acknowledged ALL of these issues.

Try harder.

• tortrader

No, you just want to DC when things are not going your way in a game and not be held accountable for it.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    edited December 2019

Again, a strange concordance between the nickname, the title, and the content. The last time was to promote camping.

Who does not feel unhealthy jubilation under these words? All this is pure provocation. An attempt to justify what is not necessarily so. Most of what is quoted is highly debated. This is not because disconnections are not desirable that anything that can cause you to disconnect is.

The debate and the fight continue. But it was a good attempt.

This forum tires me, especially when moderation approves this.

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019

I have serious doubts about these so-called "innocent" DCs. How often does it happen to you 3-4 times in a row? Come on. I've been playing for a while and I've had maybe 2 legit internet DCs and NEVER a situation where I was glitched out and forced to DC. If your game crashes a lot it could be a driver issue.

I did see a Kate player last week that specifically ran to a certain point on the Springwood map where she slowly started floating into the sky, to deny me the kill. I suspect a lot of the players that get stuck specifically try to min-max their gameplay to the point where things get glitchy.

95% of the DCs I see in-game happen at crucial moments too, like exactly when a survivor gets slugged. I don't buy this coincidence crap.And because 95% of it is intentional, the innocent DCs have to suffer. That's just how it is. Don't blame the devs, blame the people who DC on purpose. Penalties are a must.

• The_Second_Coming

I don't DC unless it's a 3v1 (when I'm killer). I don't play 3v1's.

Stop talking. You're making a fool of yourself. Wait - no, you've already shown how ignorant and uninformed you are.

"It's not happening to me therefore you are all lying".

• Tr0g

Every system punishes innocent people. Any kind of judgement system is flawed like that. Just look at.. idk, the justice system in real life.

There is no perfect solution, but this is 1000x better than no penalties.

• tortrader

If you are trying to make a trained argument to change my mind I'll save you the effort. You have no credibility in my eyes when you just use attack words. You are not acting maturely and you don't have my respect.

• Mc_Harty

Why the hell are you advocating for a system the punishes people for multiple game-breaking issues if you know it's flawed in the first place?

This ######### should only be in the game after the devs properly fix their own mess. Not before.

• Tr0g
    edited December 2019

Because it's better than having people DC on purpose basically every god damn game. Period. All your arguments are null and void. This had to happen and it's better than the previous situation in every way. Now they can work on improving the DC penalty system but it has to be there, even if flawed. I'm sick of having someone DC almost every game because they were downed by the killer in the first minute or some #########.

I wonder if you realize just how often people DC on purpose. I'm not exaggerating when I say almost every game. It had to stop and guess what: it has stopped, for the most part. Hallelujah.

• Mc_Harty

So you're willing to risk getting hard-locked out of the game because you're that impatient.

As I said none of this should be even considered until the devs fix their own mess first.

• Tr0g
    edited December 2019

So you're willing to endure a DC,or multiple, every game, just to avoid the occasional 1 minute lockout of your game when it glitches?

Honestly you just sound like one of those people who used to ragequit, but can't anymore. That's the only explanation I can think of for your reasoning. This update had to happen.

Besides, I don't believe you realize what "fixing their own mess" actually means. The game is so complex it could take years to accomplish a fully stable game and even then some bugs will persist. If you're not a software developer you won't understand the actual scope and complexity of something like this, and it's on FOUR different platforms too.

Again, this update had to happen.

• LULKEK
    LULKEK Member Posts: 82

me and my frends no more play dbd if dc panelties are coming

• Mc_Harty

You're completely fine with your game locking you out for an hour because of game-breaking bugs.

Enough said.

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207

Disconnecting ruining games is much much more common than the rare bugs in this game they really need to bring the penalties back and make the penalties harsher

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

drunken labrador helplessly smacking its paws against a keyboard

Usually in this context someone would say something outlandish instead of stating reality.

🙃

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

My goodness, have you dedicated your life to overreacting to everything that goes in on in the game. All of your posts are the same nonsense.

No, the game isn't perfect and wonky stuff will happen sometimes, but instead of dwelling on it and writing hundreds of post complaining about one thing happening, maybe just queue for a new game or play something else.

The chance of a significant ban from something that isn't your fault is so minuscule, it's really not worth discussing. Oh know, you crashed twice and have to wait 5 minutes. The sky is falling. It makes the game so much better for everyone, including yourself, to have a penalty for people who leave games early. Take the 5 minutes to reset your PC, and that'll probably fix everything anyway.

• KeepDCPenalties

Never play again for the sake of all of us then, please.

• innocentguy
    innocentguy Member Posts: 54

You’re absolutely wrong lmfao. It happens all the time. And whether it happens 1 time in 10 games doesn’t matter because the penalties ADD up. There are way too many bugs for a DC penalty. And even if it does only happen once, I shouldn’t have to wait a minute for something I didn’t do. Or 5 minutes