The new level of tome one is easy.

Options
GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’ve completed all of the killer challenges and a survivor challenge (escape as Claudette), so far every mission except sacrificing four survivors in the basement(took six because of dcs) have just taken me a match or two.

I’m not asking to make them harder (because I’m ok with them being easy) but most are easily completed in a match or two.

Don’t even think the dark sense one will be hard since I do it fairly commonly anyway. (You just need to be there for it’s completion.)

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

literally the end time collapse ones were harder then these, from the time i got on dbd today at around 9 pm to about 12 pm, i was able to do all the killer ones to reach the end of tier 4 of tome 1, while tier 3 took me at least 2 days.

i just did killer instead of survivor due to the first survivor one being complete 10 gens making me want to wait for that one.

• GrootDude
    Options
  • GrootDude
    Options

I agree with you on that, I made a thread earlier about that.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited December 2019
    Options

I also think it is too easy. I agreed just on half of the changes they have done for level 3, especially the grinding ones were not difficult, just took more time. But you have 3 weeks each to complete the last 2 levels and with the changes you don't even need a week to complete.

I'm happy the "3 safe EGC unhooks" is gone, as there are only 6 unhooks possible in total. So expecting that you are most likely the only one getting hooked during the game was kinda bull**. But it used to be 15 Master Challenges and most of them were doable. You have more than one day per challenge.

Agree that not everyone on christmas and new year will be working on challenges, but on christmas eve most players, I think even casuals, will be finished with level 4. At least it should not be a problem to reach the epilogue

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

Eh I don't think so. Some seem near impossible. Pallet stun a killer 4 times in one match. Some killers respect pallets way too much, especially after the first stun. I'm still not done with tome 3(need one more because none of my killers are lucky enough to have both blood warden and NOED).

• Deadeye
    Options

Are you playing 2 hours on average per day or more/less? That's what the tome was initially designed around. I haven't tried the pallets yet, but I think, as you can try to get 6 hits before you die, by waiting in a pallet for the swing, I'm pretty sure it should be possible without taking too long. Especially when you are healthy, you can just take the hit to make the killer stand in a pallet. Just get the first one by hiding beneath the pallet, as soon as you have it, you can try to gamble or simply take the hit and drop it then. Bring a styptic agent also helps

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

They're really easy indeed.

• emyung
    emyung Member Posts: 138
    Options

I think they are okay in my opinion.

For casual players, challenges cant be too hard.

Everyone has different levels of skill while playing.

It is a thin layer between an impossible challenge and a doable one.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,525
    Options

I reckon its just that L3 was too hard on release that its skewed expectation. Although I've made great progress already through this level. I really like the idea that the harder challenges are off the main track and almost optional to finish the level...

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Nice to hear these challenges wont be a nightmare. Currently cant play for at least a week due to afew fingers getting jacked up, but this sounds promising that i'll be able to finish the rift in time when I finish healing up.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

Has there been any update as to when the survivor husk will be implemented when someone dc's? I remember them talking about it a while ago but haven't heard anything since.

• Atrushan88
    Options

I play around 3 hours a day or more probably. There are some times I take a break or play less/more. I'll finish the rift long before I finish the 4th tome most likely(I am currently at level 60 or 61 on the rift iirc).

As for your suggestions, if I were to take hits at pallets I'd die before I got them, and you do know a styptic takes 16 seconds now right?

• kcwolf1975
    Options

Don't worry, there are just as many threads complaining that it is too hard. They can't make everyone happy....

• Deadeye
    Options

The syringe takes 16 seconds, the styptic is the "bottled time" one. And for the second hit you need timing of course, but the swing audio should really help. Treat it like a skillcheck :P

And as I said before, try the hiding at a pallet, once you got that early in the game, you can go for the hits. After that one you still have 3 free stuns at full health (if the killer doesnt find you too early before you could heal up after the unhook) + the styptic, which gives you up to 5 pallet hits plus the 3 possible ones while injured if you time it correctly.

And for the hiding thing, there are normally some pallets on each map, that are common paths a killer may walk through. For example on the pier on swamp there is sometimes a pallet you need to pass to get to the gen behind. On most of the "unsafe" pallets of Hawkins you can hide properly and surprise the killer. Just look out for these and just use them when you get the chance. If you can surprise the killer early in the game, it is a good kickoff for the challenge.

• Atrushan88
    Options

Oh. Styptic is ridiculous. You have 8 seconds to get hit. If you use it after stunning the killer you'll get hit after the 8 seconds, if you use it before you have to force yourself to take a hit. I mean I guess it might be somewhat useful for this challenge but it's worthless otherwise. I got the two confused because they both start with S.

As for killers walking through pallets, there are very few you have to walk through. If anything all can be avoided just by slight path alteration only increasing your walking time by like 1 second at most. I only get hit by a pallet 2 or 3 times per game and usually it's different survivors.

• Deadeye
    edited December 2019
    Options

Usually they don't go for the challenge. Some survivors tend to drop the pallet quite early, especially when waiting at the pallet. And normally you stand there for half a second, then the drop comes and chase goes on. What you think will happen when after two seconds both haven't moved a bit? I will try it as well later today, write if you have success with it.

For the styptic in this challenge, you of course have to use it while standing in a pallet, so you can take another hit to get the free stun.

• The_Werewolf
    The_Werewolf Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2019
    Options

Any advice on how to accomplish the "unhook one survivor(s) after the Endgame Collapse has begun" challenge(s)?

The only shortcut I could think of was to somehow open the hatch with a key (by proxy) and trick the killer into closing it and hope someone other than me got hooked....

I don't care how it's done, I just need a way to get it done.

• kcwolf1975
    Options

Be ready to open the gate immediately and hope the killer is chasing someone. Also make sure you have BT equipped to ensure the safe unhook.

• GrootDude
    Options
  • kcwolf1975
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@GrootDude

Yo you missed the pro one

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited December 2019
    Options

This one

@GrootDude

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Was kinda wary of the Master challenges at first, but the only one that has taken multiple games is 6 Feet Under because I'm bad. Dark Senses, Hungry Jaws, and the others only took 1 game.