Disconnection Penalty Circumvention

Options
CyberianFaux
CyberianFaux Member Posts: 232
edited December 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have had someone "DC" every game today by killing themselves on hook as soon as they are first hooked (I have played survivor all day). I think it would be to the game's benefit to remove the ability to let go on second hook and instead make it so struggling only affects the points you get. If you don't struggle, you get no points but cannot allow yourself to die until you run out of time on the hook. This will prevent people giving up in this way to avoid disconnection penalty and then, if they stand around doing nothing after being saved, they can be reported for rage quitting.

EDIT: I actually do mean EVERY game so far. I haven't had a single match without someone killing themselves on hook yet.

Comments

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

What rank are you/were you?

• blackx2
    blackx2 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Jesus.. dude.. just let people die.. they don't want to keep playing.

• CyberianFaux
    Options

Why? That is the same as disconnecting and brings the exact same problems with it. People shouldn't queue for a match and AFK, disconnect, kill themselves, etc. because joining a queue is saying that you are ready to play the game. Doing so is something you accept the penalty of when you do one of those things.

• Witchaven
    Witchaven Member Posts: 36
    Options

EDIT: I actually do mean EVERY game so far. I haven't had a single match without someone killing themselves on hook yet.

So to a logical person that says clearly that the system they have implemented today of banning people for leaving the match doesn't work, since they are just going to find other ways of getting out nearly just as fast. If you start taking action against people for every little thing they do then eventually no one's going to bother playing this game. The disconnecting players was a tad annoying, but lets be real, the update today has brought with it a ton of people just saying "screw it, I'll just get myself killed." So maybe people need to just accept the fact that they can't hold people hostage in a ######### video game lol

• CyberianFaux
    Options

It isn't every little thing. It is literally the same problem. Hook killing yourself should've never been a thing because it allows you to leave while still getting BP (unintentional design conflict) and fixing this alone would fix the work around as the reporting system is meant for you to report misbehaving players anyway when they try to manipulate their way around the design of the game in an effort that ruins other's experience.

• CyberianFaux
    Options

I forgot to say (don't want to edit it in though because it can stand on its own) that people queue up when they are ready to play the game and are telling the games matchmaking they are ready to play the match through for fun regardless of what comes next.

• blackx2
    blackx2 Member Posts: 56
    Options

"they are ready to play the match through for fun regardless of what comes next."

No.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190
    Options

Plot twist: you're playing a video game that ISN'T competitive. Let people leave matches when they want.

• CyberianFaux
    Options

Any casual multiplayer game will have a competitive side to it in video games. Even if somehow the game didn't, this would still be invalid because it is ruining the casual fun of others. This is such a non-argument that it is frustrating to hear constantly perpetuated by people who don't want to provide an argument of substance. If my idea is wrong to fix this loophole, then tell me why in a way that is accurate to the problem.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190
    Options

Why do I need to provide an argument lol. This game isn't competitive, there is NO ranked mode. Yes, some people will treat any game as competitive but as a whole this game is NOT competitive. Casual games are for fun, video games are for fun. Stop trying to force dc penalties because it won't work. You are punishing people who aren't having fun vs the people that dc every game.

• Unapippa
    Unapippa Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2019
    Options

So you guys are saying that it's ok to k1ll yourself on hook just because you're salty af and want to ruin the game to others players? Because k1ll yourself on hook it's the ######### same thing as dc, aka throw1ng, throw1ng should be punished in any way.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

You can't make people play if they don't want to. You could make it litearlly impossible to get out the game by any means without a penalty other than being 3 hooked by the killer and people would just AFK

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

No ranked mode?

How do you get you rank than i wonder? 🤔

If you want to dc/kill on hook because you can't play against or don't want to play against a certain killer than i don't think this is your type of game.

It's all about adapting to a certain killer and playstyle, goes the other way around as well.

I completely agree with the person who posted this topic.

It's very annoying when you go for a rescue and they kill themselves on hook.

Or the game only just started and 1 survivor F'ed up and goes down within a minute,kills himself on hook.

Now it's a 3v1 with little chance to do something.

Not impossible but no fun tho

• CyberianFaux
    Options

That's my point. AFK'ing is already reportable and, by extension when done enough, bannable.

• CyberianFaux
    Options

Exactly, they aren't "just quitting" but rather ruining the experience of not only the killer but their survivor teammates who waited a long queue time just to play with someone who quits when they are doing bad instead of learning the game.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

Yeah exactly.

I play both sides and hate when that happens.

If you don't feel like playing than why start in the first place right?

It's just selfish in a team based game

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784
    Options

It is a team game. The issue is, when you join a game, you agree to play a team game, same as the other three. When you DC, you make the decision to lose on purpose for yourself, and for three other people who didn't share your decision. Don't play a team game if you don't agree with the concept of team play.