Suggestion: You can no longer Derank after reaching a certain rank

ZoneDymo
ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
edited December 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

So the idea is this: To make the ranks matter a bit more and prevent toxic behavior (intentionally de-ranking to bully other players).

Basically its an extention of the system already in play, currently once you go beyond 20 you cant Derank back to it, 18 is the lowest you can go, this is to help new players not have such a terrible time.

A level playingfield.

So the rough suggestion is:

Once you reach rank 10 you cant derank any further then 15

Once you reach rank 5 you cant derank any further then 10

Once you reach rank 1 you cant derank any further then rank 5

Now I do feel there should be some way to play with rank 20's, for example you want to play with a friend who is new to the game and dont want to expose them to players that are way more experienced then they are.

Im thinking make a shard like item, ultra rare, one time use, you go with whatever survivor you used the shard offering with to rank 20 perkless and itemless.

Comments

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

This is as dumb as the new rank reset system

• hematophagy
    hematophagy Member Posts: 105

Imo I like the new rank reset system but it is a dumb idea

• ZoneDymo

Ok I cant really add value to your comments if you dont support it with some argumentation sadly.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367

I think it's a good idea. Obviously if you are in red ranks you are too good for green and brown. It ruins the experience for those still learning. You can always wait for rank reset to go down colors.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

My idea to fix swf: Use the best rank survivor but give them a +1 modifier for each of their mates 4 or more ranks higher than them. 4,5,8,10 would look for rank 6. 1,1,1, 20 would look for rank 2. You can report someone in game for afking or throwing btw. If they get reported enough they will be disciplined.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

The issue wouldn't be solved still.

Because once you are at rank 5 you can then derank to rank 10 then to rank 15.

This might sound like a good solution but in reality heres how it would go...

Rank 1: Man I wanna play easier matches... imma throw until I'm rank 5!

Rank 5: still too hard... imma derank until im rank 10!

Rank 10: Just for the fun of it imma derank to rank 15 to bully the noobs!

It would be the same impact as the current situation.

Hope this helps.

• ZoneDymo

Well the idea is that that is impossible, you cant go further down then 10 once you reach 5.