The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead hard needs to take higher priority than a hit

2»

Comments

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

DbD is not a fighting game.

The servers might lengthened latency (lengthened, not necessarly doubled). That's true. But before that I run on a regular basis into games with a green lobby, but a complete laggy game experienced, where using windows e.g. took visually a significant longer, etc. And the killer turned out to be from certain countries. It was unplayable, because a killer host was able to harm everybodys movement entirely. Now, I might have laggy hits and non-working DH, but such games are still playable to some degree and those killers aren't automaticly winning anymore because of their bad connection. Etc.

Besides that the servers came with a bunch of stuff, which is healthier for the game like better DC detection, improved SWF lobby system etc. It was the right move.

About defensive skills having priority: Of course for a defensive skill to be efficient it requires the user to time it right. But that's also the case, when the servers gives the defensive skill priority over the killer hit detection, because it still requires the skill to be used at the right time.

• innocentguy
    innocentguy Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2019
  • m4t7h3w
    m4t7h3w Member Posts: 2

Can confirm, I've on multiple occasions activated dead hard and it has clearly went off and a split second later im knocked onto the ground ripp

• laurelstroodle
    laurelstroodle Member Posts: 432

I agree -_-

Is just completely bs when you dh but somehow the killers manage to HIT you even if you pressed e and then you start dancing in the floor for few seconds that's just BS

• laurelstroodle
    laurelstroodle Member Posts: 432

It isn't and everyone know it, dead hard right now has a 50/50 chance of working, and btw there's a bug in PC where if you use dead hard your game freezes for few seconds and then it cancels the animation, still you're immune to the hit but dont get the boost from it, is like if it pushed you to the killer weapons.

So no, it isn't working as intended.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

DbD is closer to a fighting game than you think it is in how Survivors interact with the Killer.

Pallet stuns, DH use, 360ing, vault fake outs, flashlight blinds, and more like basic mindgames all work like in a fighting game. Reacting to the other guy ASAP. In P2P both Survivor/Killer could react to each other as well as predict. Even at 100ms ping games you could reliably react to another player in time to dodge an attack, land a pallet stun, save someone getting picked up, or what else.

But on a server your 60-80ms ping gets added to the other players 60-80ms ping. Taking it to 120-160ms delays for interactions by DEFAULT! Gone are the days of low latency reactions thanks to servers. Pallet stuns became trades, DH became a gamble, 360s make you look like a fool, vault fake outs hardly work, and mindgames almost don't exist anymore. By the time you see the other player doing something, it is too late to react on a server. Their action is already done and finished LONG before you see it.

The only thing servers did better than P2P was SWF interaction. DC detection was possible in multiple ways. Game sees you start a match and flags it in a quick save, if you go back into lobby without having an "end game" flag then you DCed. That simple and covers almost every type of DC. Internet cut out, the game kicks you to title screen and flags that as one type of DC. Close the game by Task Manager, you have a game start flag without a game end flag and counts it as another type of DC. Leave mid match by clicking the button, the game counts it as a third type of DC. Then once back in the lobby, or when starting matchmaking, the game would dump your data to the devs so they have records of everything.

In fact DbD already HAD a DC detection system before servers! And Im rather certain that was how it was done.

Servers was not worth it in my opinion. They have done more harm than good in near every way possible outside of SWF grouping. Something that itself broke the game in multiple ways in balance and bugs since it was also forced into a game not built for it.

This is why most devs don't listen to community demands. They tend to be wrong or simply break the game from the community not knowing what they are talking about.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I can agree with that.

The perk has a cooldown and can easily be played around. Against an experienced killer, the survivor definitely earned it if they manage to time DH against a hit.

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

"during the dash, you avoid damage" - from the perk, Dead Hard, in the game Dead by Daylight, "developed" by BHVR Interactive.

...get's hit during the dash and goes down.

Yeah, works just like they planned..right......it's all timings..right...

gtfo here.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Even on console this is happening now.

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

i have terrible impulse control. Possibly finger Tourette's syndrom, i dunno.

• Lukepro2315
    Lukepro2315 Member Posts: 52

Get hit, fall down THEN get exhausted from DH.

90% of my cases.

It really suck!

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

This is the most annoying phenomenon. When the exhaustion comes after you are on the floor. It's like, ok, the server noticed I did dead hard but simultaneously gives the killer the down as my invulnerability should have activated.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

That's why we need "animation priorities" in these cases. Similiar to dark souls. Very fair mechanic in dark souls. And even tho both games are very different I can totally see this working in dbd aswell

• Rastabooze
    Rastabooze Member Posts: 151

git gud... You are obviously a killer main. If you would use DH in every game constantly and you would see the DH-animation over and over again, but still you end up exhausted on the ground, you would understand the issue. Your words seem just one-sided and delusional. pfff

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Funny how devs ignore those important posts but contribute into a lot of nonsense posts.

• BaroneMaximus
    BaroneMaximus Member Posts: 474

This is not you being greedy, this is how the perk IS MEANT to be :'D It should reward good players with good reflexes in jukin killers hits INSTEAD it prioritize killers hits and you get hit even if you dead-hard perfectly. This is a lack from devs, not us using it wrong. If you want a perk that helps you make more distance use sprint burst ^^

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

I have to agree with the conclusion that Dedicated Servers are solely to blame.

I have and pay for Business-class Gigabit Internet at home (run a business out of my house), and I average about 0 - 15ms on EVERY GAME, except for DBD. On DBD the "lobby" says I average about 20 - 30. But when I'm playing in-game? FEELS like 400 ping, even though the "esc tab" shows otherwise.

When DBD was P2P (peer-to-peer), even with 100+ ping hits always FELT real to me. I very rarely ran into lag switchers.

I blame very faulty netcode and poor server configuration there.