Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Memento Moris' current strength, and my way of fixing it

Memento Moris... Very strong. Very powerful. Very annoying to play against. It allows you to get someone out of the game fast, and... the Ebony Memento Mori is the ultimate form of toxicity. It is essentially a killer's "Win the game now!" card. Oh, let me show you what is wrong with it. (and the Ivory, can't forget about that one.)

Ebony memento mori:

• It allows you to kill anyone you have hooked before, essentially reducing the chances survivors have before they die, from 3, to 2. This makes the game go by very fast.
  • It encourages tunneling due to being able to get people out of your game fast. Having less people in the game slows the game down considerably, because there are now less people to be productive. This means that the killer basically wins, because even with 3 survivors still in the game, 5 generators are NOT getting done, especially because the killer is still able to kill everyone else.
  • It ignores Decisive Strike, which is supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk.
  • Because of how fast survivors die due to this, any survivor that gets killed early on due to tunneling almost always de-pips, because they are unable to perform the actions required to even safety-pip.

Ivory memento mori:

• It allows you to kill someone you have hooked before, reducing a survivor's chances they have before they die from 3, to 2.
  • It encourages tunneling early on due to being able to get someone out of your game fast. Having someone taken out of the game early slows the game down considerably, because there is now 1 less person being productive. This means that the killer basically wins, because even with 3 survivors still in the game, 5 generators are NOT getting done.
  • It ignores Decisive Strike, which is supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk.
  • Because of how fast the victim dies due to this, they almost always de-pip, because they are unable to perform the actions required to even safety-pip.

Cypress memento Mori:

• It allows you to kill the last survivor in the trial.
  • This does not have that big of an effect on gameplay, because it only has use after the game is already over. If the killer finds the survivor, they will hook the survivor and they'll die anyway, because they're the only one in the trial. Killing them instead of hooking them has very little difference, but you're still able to do it. Just for the memes. This is my favorite Mori, because it is like all the other offerings. Has little effect on gameplay.

My idea of fixing them:

Currently, I think the safest way of fixing them is to only allow the killer to kill a survivor if the survivor was unhooked during the Struggle phase. This way, survivors still have 3 chances, instead of being reduced to 2.

I was also thinking of a way to stun the killer and get away during a kill animation using Decisive Strike, but that may be a little too hard to animate and implement.

Comments