Devs, please dont do this to them :(

xEa
xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I gladly wait a few minutes longer then bullying a new player. Stuff like that should not happen ever, no matter how long queue times might become.

Kind regards

Comments

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

I think this is the bug they were talking about. Unfortunately they don't plan to fix it until after Christmas.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Long queue times are one thing...you can always read a book while you wait or do something else (I oftentimes have a different game I'll be working on while in queue for DbD). This...this is bad. No one should have to go against someone that much more experienced than them...

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I'm starting to think, that the matchmaking keeps ignoring ranks for better queue times. Cool. Just fix the various killer bugs and revert some of the horrific nerfs, would be more productive.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338

matchmaking working as intended.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

oh no... Yes that needs to be fixed.

We should be playing in matches where everyone is with 2-3 ranks of one another. I already wait 10 min for a match, I don't mind waiting longer to have fair one.

• Siren
    Siren Member Posts: 71

I had a game like this earlier too. We were all 4/5 ranks and the killer was a rank 19... I felt so bad, I just told them I was so sorry and that they did really well for what they were up against. :/

• Scorp721
    Scorp721 Member Posts: 47

Had quite a few killer games like that last night. Was rank 17-16 (don't play killer often just doing rituals/challenges) and getting matched with survs as high as rank 4. One game as Wraith was something like rank 4, 5, 8, 15, or something close to that.

• xEa
    edited December 2019

Told the killer that this should not happen ever and that this is hopefully just a bug and he should not give up.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

I did the same thing when a bunch of rank 8's-10's got a rank 20 huntress with no perks or addons. Only got one sympathy kill. You should NEVER be playing more than 3-4 ranks outside of your own.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Some game is better than no game at all.

• xEa

If matchmaking can not find a game at all for you, DBD has some serious problems. Thank god thats not the case. If i get a killer that is just like 2-3 ranks below or above me, i dont care that much, but not 10+ ranks.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536
    edited December 2019

This is a bug they are aware of, and unfortunately it hit them during the holidays, it will most likely be fixed within the coming months as the team will be on break.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    edited December 2019

Really? I'd rather not play if it meant I went against 4 rank 20 Dwights or a rank 20 killer. That poor guy is never going to want to play killer again probably, toss in a GGEZ and we aren't getting any new players ever again. This is like asking a baby to beat to world's best chess player who has been playing for years, who do you think will win?

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

New players should play against bots if matchmaking can't find other players for them.

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433

Even the match making is rigged against killer. This is pathetic, I swear the devs do this just out of spite and hate for killer.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125

That is how my matches end up pretty often and I play killer in red ranks lul.